Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

Looks like you have some great meals planned. How awesome that you get to meet-up with Su-Lynn and Steve!! That will certainly be a great meal. And you'll have to have some wine at Le Cellier for me as that is my birthday!!!!! Just 3 months from now, not that I am counting.

I've never dined solo at Disney (that dang hubby and kid just won't leave me alone), but before Casey came along Jason and I would eat our disney meals at bars and lounges. Like now we really didn't make ADRs much at all and found that a lot of the best restaurants have bars where you could enjoy the same great food without the fuss. When I travel by myself for work, I usually eat at bars too as I can usually find someone to chat with, watch some tv, or just bury my nose in the phone

She's cute!

So's your cat.
:lovestruc

A little taste of pkondz's home.
Yepper! :thumbsup2

The peanut butter and jelly milkshake is sooo good, too.
YUM!!! This sounds right up my alley!

But if you try to eat all three of those.... be prepared to be very, very full.
I may just have to accept this challenge... and warning.

Here's the link to that chapter if you missed it:
Thanks! While I did read it, I will be sure to give it another go for a refresher! :thumbsup2

Le Cellier. I enjoyed it although I thought the cheddar cheese soup didn't live up to the hype that DISers had given it.
:scratchin:faint: Since cheddar cheese is one of my food groups, I'll try it to ensure I stay healthy :laughing:

I don't think I have one of those, actually.
Yes you do. You mildly distaste fried chicken prepared in a cooler bath overnight in a ziptop bag. You really must refine your palate, @pkondz!

All right! Out of the dog house!!! Woot!
Oh, let's be fair. You were never in there [for long] to begin with!

How awesome that you get to meet-up with Su-Lynn and Steve!!
Yes!!! I'm so excited! And happy we haven't left this meet-up to a chance encounter like we (albeit successfully) did last time! :thumbsup2

And you'll have to have some wine at Le Cellier for me as that is my birthday!!!!!
I promise!!! :goodvibes I'll be sure to toast to you. :thumbsup2

I've never dined solo at Disney (that dang hubby and kid just won't leave me alone)
:laughing::laughing:

And thanks for your tip about bars and lounges! That's a great idea ::yes::

YUM!!! This sounds right up my alley!

Up your alley? You should try it in your tummy instead.

I may just have to accept this challenge... and warning.

:laughing: okay!

:scratchin:faint: Since cheddar cheese is one of my food groups, I'll try it to ensure I stay healthy :laughing:

Yes, you don't want to waste away to nothing while at Disney.

Yes you do. You mildly distaste fried chicken prepared in a cooler bath overnight in a ziptop bag. You really must refine your palate, @pkondz!

You said location, not food!

Coconut.
Brussels Sprouts.*

*things that will never pass these lips.

Oh, let's be fair. You were never in there [for long] to begin with!

But no one wants me in there for long.

I whine. And it's annoying.

Joining in as another August PTR writing, solo trip travelling Diser! Love the ADRs you have planned! I highly recommend HBD as a solo dining experience, it was awesome there. I also loved Skipper's Canteen in MK, I had an amazing lunch there last summer. The afternoon tea at the GF was another perfect experience and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The only meal I was not thrilled with as a solo dinner was at California Grill, service was lacking although the food was good.

My dates overlap with yours a bit this summer. I am going August 21-28 and staying at AKL. I am planning on the following ADRs.....Jiko, BOG, Spice Road Table, 50's, Boathouse, Tiffins and Boma. I'll probably throw a few lounges into the mix as well. Happy trip planning!

Last edited:

Yes, you don't want to waste away to nothing while at Disney.
No, I most certainly do not! So I'll be sure to eat around the clock... ya know, to prevent any such catastrophe ;)

You said location, not food!
True. You got me there. But points for paying attention, right?! :laughing:

Coconut.
Brussels Sprouts.*

*things that will never pass these lips.
Uh oh. Combined, separate, or both?! :rotfl:

But no one wants me in there for long.

I whine. And it's annoying.
Oh dear. I mostly just wine (no typo). ;) It usually prevents the whining... :rolleyes1

Joining in as another August PTR writing, solo trip travelling Diser!
Yay!!! Welcome aboard!

Love the ADRs you have planned!
Thanks! I'm pretty excited about them. I might cancel my Les Chefs one because if I didn't have that smack dab in the middle of the day, I could scoot over to Disney Springs and I haven't otherwise left time to do that. So... playing with that idea a little right now.

My dates overlap with yours a bit this summer. I am going August 21-28 and staying at AKL.
Yay! And AKL sounds fabulous!

Happy trip planning!
You, too! I'm popping over to your PTR now :thumbsup2

No, I most certainly do not! So I'll be sure to eat around the clock... ya know, to prevent any such catastrophe ;)

Smart thinking. :teacher:

True. You got me there. But points for paying attention, right?! :laughing:

Sure!

Uh oh. Combined, separate, or both?! :rotfl:

Yes.

Oh dear. I mostly just wine (no typo). ;) It usually prevents the whining... :rolleyes1

mayday-20_zpsu5phtn9n.gif

I found your PTR!! Better late than never, right?? I'm in a constant state of behindness lately anyway in pretty much all areas of life.

this will be my inaugural trip with an ANNUAL PASS!!!

Woohoo!! :dogdance::dogdance:

My AP makes me feel very fancy, even if I don't get to use it as much as guests who live closer to WDW...but I would if I could!! I find myself always trying to find ways to cram a trip in here and there, lol

and holy cow is it beautiful!

It's my faaaaaavorite resort on property!

one of my favorites (see previous TR title for confirmation).

It's probably the best TR title in existence, especially after my mishap in May, lol!

Here is my baby, her name is Anga and she’s 10 years old. Her middle name (yes, my cat has a middle name…:rolleyes1) is Marie… so-named as her attitude is much like a certain Aristocat we all know and love…

My 13 year old would want to steal this cat. She's so cute!!

with none other than @chunkymonkey and her DH! (this is the ADR I’m most excited about because of the company!!!)

Hooray for DisMeets!! It really helped me on my May trip, knowing I had a meet coming up to look forward to!

Wednesday, August 23 @ 1:50pm: Chefs de France

This is ALWAYS on my list but I've never gone!! I look forward to your TR and hearing about your meal here. I know my mom will have no interest in this for October, but for the next family trip, or if DH and I ever go on our own, it's getting booked and staying booked!

I found your PTR!! Better late than never, right??
YAY!!! So happy to have you here! :goodvibes

My AP makes me feel very fancy, even if I don't get to use it as much as guests who live closer to WDW...but I would if I could!! I find myself always trying to find ways to cram a trip in here and there, lol
Oh, it's very fancy! I'm gonna feel that way, too! :laughing: Oh, I'm already scheming for ways I can get down there as much as possible! My dad is making plans to move from his place near St. Pete and I couldn't possibly be more supportive of this decision. :rotfl:

It's probably the best TR title in existence, especially after my mishap in May, lol!
HAHAHA! As soon as I was reading your, um, experience, I immediately thought about my title :lmao:

My 13 year old would want to steal this cat. She's so cute!!
Awww, thanks! But the fur on this cat... :sad2: I could vacuum hourly and still have fur bunnies rolling around... :laughing:

Hooray for DisMeets!! It really helped me on my May trip, knowing I had a meet coming up to look forward to!
Yes, I completely agree! I feel so incredibly fortunate to share my extreme love of Disney with people who feel the same way, both here on the boards and meeting up in person :hug:

I love it here, too! I've only been for lunch and actually booked a breakfast ADR for this trip but ending up canceling it in favor of a place I haven't yet been. I do love it here!!! :wizard:

Yeah I currently have both breakfast and lunch ADR's for BOG...I'm considering trying to get one other character breakfast instead...but torn about that because I just love BOG so much.

I did it! I am the [very, extremely, annoyingly, obnoxiously]
proud owner of an Annual Pass!!!

Congrats! I am excited for you! And also jealous lol

AP Purchased!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it! I am the [very, extremely, annoyingly, obnoxiously]
proud owner of an Annual Pass!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

In case you can't tell, I'm over the moon excited!!!

Just 12 days to go before I can make FPs! Woot! :woohoo:

I'll post this picture to commemorate my excitement!

View attachment 242811

YAY!!!! Now we can be annoying and excited AP holders together!
WOOT! Yay for FPs! I make mine next Tuesday and I'm not really prepared at all. Guess I'll have my homework cut out for me this weekend.
I love the picture! What a cute dress!

Congratulations, that's exciting news! :flower1:
Thank you!!! It's been a goal of mine forever... happy it's finally happening. :goodvibes It's been an "interesting" year or so for me... and I've convinced myself I deserve it. :laughing:

Yeah I currently have both breakfast and lunch ADR's for BOG...I'm considering trying to get one other character breakfast instead...but torn about that because I just love BOG so much.
I know! It really is such an amazing place!

Congrats! I am excited for you! And also jealous lol
Thank you!!! :goodvibes I know, right? I spent my whole adult life being jealous of AP holders. :laughing:

WOOHOO!!! AP!!!
:jumping1:

YAY!!!! Now we can be annoying and excited AP holders together!
YES!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

WOOT! Yay for FPs! I make mine next Tuesday and I'm not really prepared at all. Guess I'll have my homework cut out for me this weekend.
Holy moly, next Tuesday - yay!!! I put a little effort into a wish list the other day but really need to spend more time figuring out how I want my days to shape up.

I love the picture! What a cute dress!
Thank you!!! I love this dress, too :goodvibes And bonus, it's like wearing PJs, it's SO comfy! :laughing:

Yay congrats on getting your AP!
Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Well, I have no idea how I missed this report so far! I am a terrible DIS-friend! :o Happy to be here now, though - just in time for the May recap, it seems! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the AP! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter