Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have every notification imaginable turned on. AP Facebook page, email notifications on my iPhone and watch and notifications on this thread so I don’t miss it lol

I have every notification imaginable turned on. AP Facebook page, email notifications on my iPhone and watch and notifications on this thread so I don’t miss it lol
I suppose I will download the facebook app temporarily. I don't want to miss this!

So torn on what to do. Our current trip is 8/29-9/4 and we were going to GE during EEMH on 9/3.

We have Platinum APs, so we could try for the preview and move our dates up. But, the kids start school 8/15, so working around that so they're still only missing 4 days (same as our current trip) is a little tough. Also, a little panicked about moving dining and not being able to get FPs for FOP and SDD.

But being one of the first into GE in Florida AND doing it with lower crowds is super enticing! Of course it all depends on when the previews are and if we can even get a time. Come on, Disney. The suspense is killing me!

Do we have any sense how many Platinum and Platinum Plus APers are out there? When the math was being done about how they could not do reservations for SWGE for onsite hotels, it always came to the thousands number of onsite guests that would miss it due to capacity. Isn't that the same problem with the AP previews?

So torn on what to do. Our current trip is 8/29-9/4 and we were going to GE during EEMH on 9/3.

We have Platinum APs, so we could try for the preview and move our dates up. But, the kids start school 8/15, so working around that so they're still only missing 4 days (same as our current trip) is a little tough. Also, a little panicked about moving dining and not being able to get FPs for FOP and SDD.

But being one of the first into GE in Florida AND doing it with lower crowds is super enticing! Of course it all depends on when the previews are and if we can even get a time. Come on, Disney. The suspense is killing me!
I've got a similar situation though without school adding to the dilemma. I most likely have to choose either opening weekend or passholder previews. I really don't know which is better. With previews it's only a short window one day. At opening I could go a few days, but more crowded.

I've got a similar situation though without school adding to the dilemma. I most likely have to choose either opening weekend or passholder previews. I really don't know which is better. With previews it's only a short window one day. At opening I could go a few days, but more crowded.
The irony is that part of the reason we got APs, and scheduled our trip for when we did, was the longshot hope that there would be AP previews during our trip. Who knew that Disney would go ahead and open the land that weekend instead!!

Do we have any sense how many Platinum and Platinum Plus APers are out there? When the math was being done about how they could not do reservations for SWGE for onsite hotels, it always came to the thousands number of onsite guests that would miss it due to capacity. Isn't that the same problem with the AP previews?
no number, but yes there will be AP holders that will be left out which is why the DPB says first come first served. And why everyone is refreshing, checking, stalking every page available

And there was no notice of WHEN it would drop? ouch .. well I guess maybe I wont be doing this preview .. i dont have that sort of time to be watching a website/boards for days.
And there was no notice of WHEN it would drop? ouch .. well I guess maybe I wont be doing this preview .. i dont have that sort of time to be watching a website/boards for days.

The link was posted on here before the official notices went out. That is why I believe this page will be your best option.

The link was posted on here before the official notices went out. That is why I believe this page will be your best option.

As someone who hasn't participated in something like this in the past - what was the least to? What do I need to have with me? I have our APs in MDE - is that enough?

Just want to make sure I am prepared

As someone who hasn't participated in something like this in the past - what was the least to? What do I need to have with me? I have our APs in MDE - is that enough?

Just want to make sure I am prepared
AP in MDE is all you need

when I got there

They scanned my magic band and that was it. I did have with me just in case a copy of the reservation confirmation email they sent me.

AP in MDE is all you need

when I got there

They scanned my magic band and that was it. I did have with me just in case a copy of the reservation confirmation email they sent me.
My AP (hasn't been activated yet) has allowed me to book a room for a discount - so I'm hoping I'll be able to book this too. Your explanation gives me a little hope!

So what exactly am I supposed to be getting if I do happen, by some miracle, to get a slot for AP Preview?

Do we just get to ride the Millennium Falcon? Or is there more(such as go to the Cantina, build a lightsaber, adopt a Loth-cat, etc.)?

I just want to know what to expect if I’m going to be spending the next week or so glued to this page! I know some of the land might be closed(like it said for the registration email for Pandora) but my first inclination was to simply be immersed in the land and you get to ride the ride. Is there more? I’m not expecting opening day merchandise, but I’m hoping at least to build a lightsaber.

no number, but yes there will be AP holders that will be left out which is why the DPB says first come first served. And why everyone is refreshing, checking, stalking every page available

Will each person in our family have to reserve a spot or can 1 person do it for everyone? We all have AP's. Trying to get my ducks in a row before they actually open booking!

Silly question here. I've never had an AP before so no experience with how it works. I will have AP vouchers linked to my MDE.
If I am lucky enough to get a slot and they scan my band will that automatically activate my AP voucher with that date?

Thanks!

I would guess (obviously) that a LARGE percentage of Platinum and higher AP holders simply cant make an August preview. Not everyone who has those passes live within driving distance, have the time off work, have other plans, kids are back in school, have the money to make a last minute flight/trip, etc. etc. etc.

I would gather the vast number of passholders are Gold and below? (Simply a guess) Simply because of the cost difference (and the fact DVC members can get those lower passes as well)

Was the Pandora previews limited to Platinum and UP passholders?

I, for example, live 9 hours a way .. It would take minimum 3 days for me to drive down, do the preview and drive back. Close enough to be tempting, but far enough that I realistically may not be able to depending on the dates available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter