Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods have asked each and everyone one of us NOT to be snarky, mean, rude, sarcastic, etc. in the forums. That’s a Disboards rule itself. Otherwise, this whole thread could be shut down, and no one wants that, right? I love enjoying listening to others thoughts and views and I certainly wouldn’t want to not be able to post anymore.

On another note, does anyone have an idea what slots there might be for the previews? Such as, will they follow the CM previews(time-wise?) I’m just curious because I might only be able to do an afternoon slot:)
I too love hearing the other viewpoints. Made me rethink things quite often.
The only good news I can share is if worse came to worse and the thread is shut down it's not like this is the only way someone will post the preview link. There will be someone who posts it on the main page. Heck, I venture to guess someone out there has no clue this thread is even here and will post it on the main forum page, not even this subforum, at first.

While I'm not sold that the AP previews will be exactly like the CM previews I do think the time slots will run similar

Last edited:
Meh. I’ll save everyone else the trouble. While of course everything is specification, general consensus is that the CM preview will NOT overlap with AP preview so we are more likely than not now looking at 8/17-8/25. Would have taken shorter to summarize than to chide.
Tad harsh, the PP did sum it up. To get all the details about what that summation entailed did take going back to read it. Sorry
Just keep reading from that point. We discussed predictions when the news came out.
Spoiler: No one knows for sure.

A couple of requests for those participating in the thread.

The DIS is an open forum and discussion of all topics is welcome. Per DIS guidelines, we do not believe in censorship.

However, given the context of this situation and the goal of this thread, the moderators may remove certain posts (and quoted posts) deemed off topic or unhelpful.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Let’s try to avoid posting information from phone, chat, or e-mails with CMs from various Disney departments. While we appreciate people wanting to share what they have been told, it can lead to confusion or mis-information. We then debate who is right/wrong and it just goes around in circles. Unless your source is a WDW bus driver, don’t post it. (That last part is a joke, BTW). We should share information from official Disney sources - press releases, the Disney Parks Blog, the AP website, or similar. We will all find out soon enough how this thing is going to work anyway. And we should all be prepared to be flexible and decisive with whatever sign-up system ultimately presents itself.

2) Leave the moderating to the moderators. No need to respond to someone that posts an opinion about what should/shouldn’t be up for discussion.

3) We will get repeat questions/statements and that is OK. No one is required to read all 159 pages here to participate (although sometimes spending a few minutes reading Post #1 and the last few pages of posts can be helpful just for situational context). If someone asks a question or posts about something that has already hit dead horse status, either respond with an answer or move on.

Sorry for all of these moderator posts, we’re ultimately just trying to promote helpful/efficient/respectful discussion and information flow on a high-anxiety topic.

Always available via PM with any questions/concerns.

Thanks all.

Not every day I get to quote myself, but repeating the above for new thread participants.

Off topic and posts generally unhelpful to the overall discussion will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.

Thank you.

Can page 1 maybe have a FAQ for the questions we do not have answers for yet? (That keep being asked?)

Such as:
1) It is unclear if you can use a voucher to sign up or need an activated pass.
2) It is unclear if we will get notice of when the signups will begin or if we will just get an e-mail at some unannounced time.
3) It is unclear if you can sign up more than one guest or not (in other words, it is unclear if you can sign up everyone associated with your MDE account - such as multiple (minors) children who have valid APs).
4) It is unclear (and just speculation) of the dates, time slots, etc.

Last edited:

For what is worth, reporting from the (official) Disney World Passholder Facebook page:

Someone asked when are the emails for SWGE preview coming out. They responded with a "Not just yet...! Be sure to keep an eye out for more information as the dates get a bit closer!"

In contrast, someone asked when are the Fall discounts coming out and they were told they are coming "soon":
"Be sure to keep an eye out...! You'll see them soon enough!"

This sounds like the preview sign-ups are *not* coming this week, but we may see some discounts this week.

Of course, my friends, that does NOT mean we let our guard down. We'll still be checking links, etc.

Can page 1 maybe have a FAQ for the questions we do not have answers for yet? (That keep being asked?)

Such as:
1) It is unclear if you can use a voucher to sign up or need an activated pass.
2) It is unclear if we will get notice of when the signups will begin or if we will just get an e-mail at some unannounced time.
3) It is unclear if you can sign up more than one guest or not (in other words, it is unclear if you can sign up everyone associated with your MDE account - such as multiple (minors) children who have valid APs).
4) It is unclear (and just speculation) of the dates, time slots, etc.
Great idea!
Though we've seen by some recent questions that even putting info on the first page doesn't mean it gets read, lol

For what is worth, reporting from the (official) Disney World Passholder Facebook page:

Someone asked when are the emails for SWGE preview coming out. They responded with a "Not just yet...! Be sure to keep an eye out for more information as the dates get a bit closer!"

In contrast, someone asked when are the Fall discounts coming out and they were told they are coming "soon":
"Be sure to keep an eye out...! You'll see them soon enough!"

This sounds like the preview sign-ups are *not* coming this week, but we may see some discounts this week.

Of course, my friends, that does NOT mean we let our guard down. We'll still be checking links, etc.
The head of my TA warned is that a discount might be dropping tomorrow or Thursday maybe! Fingers crossed it’s a good one :)

Your TA was right. Free dining for the fall was announced today. :)
And important for this thread -- looks like AP room discounts for fall/holidays too. (Though .. I checked for my planned fall trip (my can't get in the AP preview fallback trip) and availability for the date ranges I already had book (mid-October) is VERY limited. (Doesn't seem like there are ever discounts for Little Mermaid rooms at AoA - I guess they are popular already due to their price point).
I don't think I am ready to upgrade my room for a "discount" .. I mean the discounted prices I see for even the All-Stars is more that I paid last year.

So do we think Disney would release AP previews the same day the phones and website are getting slammed for the new AP rates or wait a day or two? lol

Good to see everyone is still here on this lovely Tuesday! We are all still sticking through it. Let’s hope either this week or the next is the week! 😂

@PolyRob I’m predicting the link might drop on the 24 or 25, maybe drop the link a month from the END of the predicted previews! At least that’s what I’m hoping at this point😂 I doubt it would be today because some people will definitely need to call in for the previews and if the lines are slammed it wouldn’t be good. At least wait a day or two, but I’m thinking more along the lines of after the CM sign up.

Good to see everyone is still here on this lovely Tuesday! We are all still sticking through it. Let’s hope either this week or the next is the week! 😂

@PolyRob I’m predicting the link might drop on the 24 or 25, maybe drop the link a month from the END of the predicted previews! At least that’s what I’m hoping at this point😂 I doubt it would be today because some people will definitely need to call in for the previews and if the lines are slammed it wouldn’t be good. At least wait a day or two, but I’m thinking more along the lines of after the CM sign up.
I agree. My suspicion is that there won’t be any warning, the email will just go out. And I would guess they’d wait until after the CM preview spots have been filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter