Annual Passes?

bluehawaii19

Mouseketeer
My mom and I currently have annual passes for Walt Disney World that run out on February 2nd. We were both planning on renewing them when we head back down in a couple of weeks.

I had a question: last year, we took the passes we had bought and used the difference to upgrade to annual passes. Since we booked a deal again, we both have 8 day park hopper tickets. We also have 3 days non-hopper tickets from our trip in November. Can we take these tickets and use the money to get the annual pass again? I know we can for the park hopper tickets (since we did this last time) but can you use more than one ticket to do this?

i was told you are only allowed to apply one old pass towards a new annual. so you would have to choose one. I had 4 separate old passes each with 2 park hopper days on it and was hoping they would allow me to apply each one towards the annual. Disney being Disney they told me NO! lol

It's considered an upgrade to the ticket you have in hand, and you can't combine another ticket with it. You can do the upgrade to AP with either the 8-day PH or the 3-day non-hopper, doesn't matter (except for the difference in $ applied) but you cannot use both.

Also, depending on how old the ticket is that you use to upgrade (i.e., if tickets bought or package reserved prior to the June 2012 price increase) - you should use the tickets first to enter a park which will then "bridge" them to the current pricing. Otherwise you may get less in exchange.

There's a ticket sticky at the top of the TPAS forum which explains more detail.

Enjoy your vacation!

Definitely check the sticky at the top of the Theme Parks and Strategies Board; it will answer all of your questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter