Annual pass upgrade at Portofino?

robl45

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the Florida Annual Passes at the Portofino or do we have to go to the park and wait in the hour line to upgrade?

Last year we had to go to guest services at the parks. But it definitely was not an hour long line. I guess it just depends when you get there. We were there no more than 10 minutes from ground line to leaving for the parks. We did it at the Studios side, maybe it’s less crowded?

Not sure about doing it at the resort but my friend upgraded hers on our way out of the parks one afternoon. I think the trick is to go to guest services ‘inside’ the park and don’t go at opening or closing. Took us about 10 minutes as well.

A few years back I was able to upgrade when staying at the Portofino, going from the power pass to preferred. I am not quite sure if they still allow it though.

Doesn’t PB have an attraction desk in the lobby?

I haven’t been to that hotel in over two years so not up to present info

The attraction desk can be located by going through the lobby and up the ramp on the left side. It is in a small room on the left.

Last edited:

We stayed at PB in April and upon check in I asked if I could upgrade our park tickets there. I was told we could not, so we went to guest services in IOA over by Spider-Man. Quick and easy!

I stayed at PBH in June and was able to upgrade our tickets to Season Passes so I'm sure you'd be able to upgrade to a different annual pass. They seemed to be able to do most things that Guest Services could. Like @damo mentioned, you do this at the attraction desk located just past the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!