Annual pass room discount ?'s

connie254

Disney fanatic
Are they similar to the other Disney discounts?
How far ahead are you notified of the discount?
Tell me anything else that would be beneficial to know, other than the usual Disney restrictions-ie, not AoA LM rooms, etc

You are not notified usually when they first come out. I've never been notified. I always check every day when I know historically they could be coming out. Check mousesavers for the historical release dates of all discounts. Lately, they haven't been much better than the general public discounts. I saved about $97 for 7 nights in November with the AP discount vs the General Public discount.

Also keep in mind there are a certain number of rooms that they reserve for the discount and sometimes the discounts are not that great. I'm in "sticker shock" for what they are offering to AP holders from Oct-Dec. this year as F&W has really overtaken the entire kingdom with lack of decent on-site discounts. And what is already left is very limited especially on the weekends.

The mods/values are almost as much as the deluxes were last year and MANY of the deluxes only have club level & suites, etc putting many at $900+ a night, ridiculous!! Very disappointed this year. Many of the rates even show the AP discount and then to the left grayed out is the standard rate which is the same price? :confused3

Reserved in Disney Springs because of it (not an AP discount either).

Last edited:

I noticed the same with the AP discount the same as the grayed out standard price. I actually got lucky and got a pretty good rate at WL for a few nights in November with the general public discount. I was hoping for a better AP discount, but there wasn't anything at all! So I am feeling even luckier that I got the regular discount.

I would recommend that you keep checking for AP discounts because what's available changes frequently. I was disappointed when the late summer discounts came out - only suite rooms, very little availability. Weeks later, I found standard rooms at the BW for over 35% off. The AP rates are usually slightly better than the public offers, but you are going to have to be flexible on the resort or dates of travel to maximize the discount.

I've been underwhelmed with the AP discount so far this year. I have had zero luck with an AP discount for our trip the week after Thanksgiving this year, despite checking just hours after the discount was released and every day after. (I only knew the discount had been released from some of the nice people on these boards.) . This morning, I finally saw one room available for the discount- 10% off of a 1 bedroom suite in the Garden Wing at the CR- a bargain at $1114 per night! :P I'm hoping to have better luck with an AP discount for trips in 2018, but am not holding my breath. The bottom line for me is that the hope of a decent room discount is not a reason to buy an AP. Hopefully others have better luck!

I am considering purchasing an Annual pass. Does anyone know if Pop rooms are normally included in the AP discounts?

Are they similar to the other Disney discounts?
How far ahead are you notified of the discount?
Tell me anything else that would be beneficial to know, other than the usual Disney restrictions-ie, not AoA LM rooms, etc

The passholder discounts come out after the general public discounts. We often receive an email from Disney when a passholder discount is released. I've noticed that availability changes constantly with the AP discount. For example, I have been checking for resorts with the AP for our Nov dates and today a GF deluxe room became available. It wasn't there until today. So they are adding resort rooms all the time.
I am considering purchasing an Annual pass. Does anyone know if Pop rooms are normally included in the AP discounts?

Here is a copy of the most recent AP discount from the website:

Offer Details
Book Through
December 24, 2017

Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates
Most nights from October 8, 2017 through December 24, 2017

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
Offer Restrictions

• Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
  • Offer excludes Campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Resort, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Book through

December 24, 2017

(407) 827-7348† to speak with a vacation planning expert or call your travel agent.

To book by phone, call (407) 827-7348† to speak with a vacation planning expert or call your travel agent.

†Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!