Annual Pass Renewal.

Pipkin

Mouseketeer
We just received our reminder to renew our annual pass prior to the expiration date. I love the 13 month AP and the 15% discount. We plan on renewing at Shades of Green where we also get a military discount.

It is for renewals only through 9/30/2017.

yeah it's still in effect for renewals

Hmmm, I would like this verified as it would apply to me. @ravenclawtrekkie Do you know?

Per Disney - The new pass 13 mos was until Jan 3, the discounts go to 9/30/17 and I've found nothing on specials for renewals.

We know you’ll want to celebrate our 45th anniversary year in a special way too, so how about with an extra month of magic? Starting tomorrow, Oct. 2, guests who are purchasing a 12-month annual pass will be able to enjoy an extra month. That’s right, 13 months for the price of 12! New passes must be purchased between Oct. 2, 2016 and Jan. 3, 2017. Prices vary depending on the type of pass you select: Weekday Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum Plus.

And starting today, all year in honor of our 45th, Walt Disney World passholders will receive 20 percent off the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages at 45 participating theme park and resort hotel restaurants. Through Sept. 30, 2017, passholders can take advantage of this special offer at restaurants like Jiko – The Cooking Place, or family dining restaurants such as Jungle Skipper Canteen, or quick service options like D-Luxe Burger. And don’t worry – you have a whole year to try them all!

I don't have an AP, so hypothetical situation.
Is there an advantage or discount for renewing vs. just buying another AP when needed?
For example, if I am not planning another trip for 6 months, wouldn't I be better off just allowing it to expire and buying a new one in 6 months?

Hmmm, I would like this verified as it would apply to me. @ravenclawtrekkie Do you know?
I renewed our passes in either April or May (they were set to expire on 6/1/2017). Once I renewed, the new passes don't expire until 7/1/2018.

IMG_1926_zpsmzqxjaaf.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, mine also renewed 6/22 and now expires 7/22. Allows a little more flexibility for our summer 18 trip.

I don't have an AP, so hypothetical situation.
Is there an advantage or discount for renewing vs. just buying another AP when needed?
For example, if I am not planning another trip for 6 months, wouldn't I be better off just allowing it to expire and buying a new one in 6 months?

I have let my AP expire when the renewal discount was not enough to make up for the months I didn't use it.

I bought my pass on 9/24, but the 13-month special started on 10/1, so I only got 12 months. Only new passes qualified for 13 months during the promo period. In order to give existing l pass holder the ability to qualify for the 13-month special, they are allowing renewals up through 9/30 to get the bonus month. Otherwise, they'd be alienating 75% of their best customers. So, if I renew my pass, I'll get the 13-month deal.

Per Disney - The new pass 13 mos was until Jan 3, the discounts go to 9/30/17 and I've found nothing on specials for renewals.

We know you’ll want to celebrate our 45th anniversary year in a special way too, so how about with an extra month of magic? Starting tomorrow, Oct. 2, guests who are purchasing a 12-month annual pass will be able to enjoy an extra month. That’s right, 13 months for the price of 12! New passes must be purchased between Oct. 2, 2016 and Jan. 3, 2017. Prices vary depending on the type of pass you select: Weekday Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum Plus.

And starting today, all year in honor of our 45th, Walt Disney World passholders will receive 20 percent off the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages at 45 participating theme park and resort hotel restaurants. Through Sept. 30, 2017, passholders can take advantage of this special offer at restaurants like Jiko – The Cooking Place, or family dining restaurants such as Jungle Skipper Canteen, or quick service options like D-Luxe Burger. And don’t worry – you have a whole year to try them all!
Yes you can still get the 13 months renewal ( one time only) I was able to get 13 months when I renewed in April of this year.

so enjoy your 13 months if you renew

We just received our reminder to renew our annual pass prior to the expiration date. I love the 13 month AP and the 15% discount. We plan on renewing at Shades of Green where we also get a military discount.

Does SOG offer the 15% off? On their website only the full priced AP is listed.

The 15% off is for renewing prior to the expiration date. The passes can be renewed at Shades of Green for the military discount which essentially is no sale tax on the annual passes and they are for 13 months.

Last edited:
The 15% off is for renewing prior to the expiration date. The passes can be renewed at Shades of Green for the military discount which essentially is no sale tax on the annual passes and they are for 13 months.
you can renew and get the discount on a pass 60 days before or 30 days after the your date on your pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!