Annual Pass Magnets Question

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
Do all AP holders have to be present to get their magnet? For example, I frequently peel off from the group and go to Mousegears to get my magnet while my husband takes the kids for a potty break/snack break. If I grab their MBs before I go, can the CMs at Mousegears just scan their MBs and give me their magnets or do they have to be physically present to get it?

In the recent past, they've become much more focused on the Passholder being present. I wouldn't be surprised if they only let you get yours. It happened to the mom in front of me when I recently got my Arts Festival magnet.

In the recent past, they've become much more focused on the Passholder being present. I wouldn't be surprised if they only let you get yours. It happened to the mom in front of me when I recently got my Arts Festival magnet.

Ugh. Thanks for the response. That’s what I was afraid of. I know it’s not a big deal, but sometimes the lines are long, and it’s just easier for me to pick them up than dragging kids in there and listening to them complain about standing in line. It’s like, what did this magnet cost? $0.30?!?

Thanks for the update on this. DH and I are doing an adult only trip in April and were wondering if we should bring the kids' AP's to get them magnets as well...guess we won't bother then! (I know in previous years, DH was able to stand in line by himself and get all 4 magnets for us--we were usually in the shop with him, just not in the line taking up extra space.)

We've had a mixed response depending on the CM but the signs have been stating that you will need your card and ID to get the magnet. Some CM's were very strict about it and others not so much. One let me get magnets for friends from home with just pics of their AP's but another time I had my ID but my wife didn't have hers....they weren't going to let her have the magnet but eventually they gave in.

When I recently picked up my magnet, there was no line. I walked directly to the CM,she scanned my band and handed me my magnet. Maybe you'll have similar luck.

Some CM's are very strict about it. DH and I both went, had ID"s ready and scanned our bands and they said that we had already picked them up. We had just started vacation and it was our 1st trip to Epcot. They were not going to give them to us until I repeatedly told them there was No way we had them already. She did get a bit of an attitude and gave in.

I have a baby due on April 23 so I won't be able to get the Orange Bird magnet myself. I wonder what they would say to Dh if he drove over and took my ID/AP card?

Like many things Disney, it will likely depend on what castmember you get, but it only takes a couple of minutes to get the magnets, so I would take everyone.

Aimika
When I recently picked up my magnet, there was no line. I walked directly to the CM,she scanned my band and handed me my magnet. Maybe you'll have similar luck.
Similar experience in December and January for us. No line, but passholder had to be present with AP card and scan their magic band.

I have a baby due on April 23 so I won't be able to get the Orange Bird magnet myself. I wonder what they would say to Dh if he drove over and took my ID/AP card?
If he has an AP too he can get one and it can be yours to share? Beats not getting one at all! We asked if we could get one for my son since we had his AP card and we pay for his AP (obviously) but I get why they couldn’t do it.

If he has an AP too he can get one and it can be yours to share? Beats not getting one at all! We asked if we could get one for my son since we had his AP card and we pay for his AP (obviously) but I get why they couldn’t do it.
I don’t think he’ll drive over just for the one but idk. We have to pay tolls to get there so it might not be worth going at all. I have someone on here that offered to trade me for the Donald one so I might just do that instead

They gave my daughter (then 14)- a hard time because she didn’t have ID. Luckily she dug through her book bag that she happened to be carrying and found an old school ID- and she received the magnet. I think they would have given her the magnet without the ID (eventually)- but the way they made such a stink about it made me think they had some sort of personal, control issues. I was less than thrilled with the magnet experience- needless to say. I was in line with her fwiw.

On both our Dec trip and Feb trip, the CMs required each person to be present with their ID or, for kids, to just be present.

Disney really needs to rethink how they handle the Passholder magnet program. In theory each paid Annual Pass is eligible for a magnet. Disney would be smart to offer the options not only to pick it up in person, but also to have it picked up for you by a friend/relative with your info, or to have it sent to your home if you choose to pay for the postage. For something that's presumably supposed to foster goodwill, it creates a bad feeling when you see magnets that you are eligible for as a paid Passholder, but you live far away enough that you can't plan a trip to pick it up in person every time a new one is offered.

If the rules say must have magic band , ID and be present to receive, which they do, I dont understand why people are surprised when they wont let you break the rules and then act like its the CMs fault. There is a reason many CMs dislike AP holders. The sense of entitlement is mind boggling. Just follow the rules like everyone else. You arent special. Simply put follow the rules. Same applies o resident tickets, if you are over 18 and dont live here, dont try to use one and get upset when you cant. You know the rules.

If the rules say must have magic band , ID and be present to receive, which they do, I dont understand why people are surprised when they wont let you break the rules and then act like its the CMs fault. There is a reason many CMs dislike AP holders. The sense of entitlement is mind boggling. Just follow the rules like everyone else. You arent special. Simply put follow the rules. Same applies o resident tickets, if you are over 18 and dont live here, dont try to use one and get upset when you cant. You know the rules.
^^^^^So much this!!!

If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone yell "I'm an AP Holder!!" I could probably own a majority share of Disney stock....

The whole purpose of the AP Freebies is to get you to COME TO THE PARKS. Do some people come grab their magnet and leave? Sure...But the majority of us plan a trip and get the magnet while we are there or a t minimum do other stuff in the parks when we pick it up.

Living in Georgia I'd love to be able to able to grab it online and have it shipped to my house....Oh wait I do, on eBay. If I see a magnet that I really like and I know I'm not going to make it to the parks to get it, I just grab it on eBay. Usually for $10 shipped max. Which to me is far cheaper than a 7hr drive and trip to the parks where I know I'm going to spend more money :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!