Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

my cruise is on the 14th, guess at this point i cant rebook without paying $300 per person?

Do you know which cruises this applies to? Anyone PIF?

I don't know the answer to this

Are you saying that you can cancel this new cruise and get all your money back?

They allowed me to use 100% of our pif money towards the future cruise after paying a fee of $300/person. If I cancel the new cruise, the standard cancellation policy applies, which means if I cancel it today, I would receive everything back except whatever the deposit amount is.

I don't know the answer to this

They allowed me to use 100% of our pif money towards the future cruise after paying a fee of $300/person. If I cancel the new cruise, the standard cancellation policy applies, which means if I cancel it today, I would receive everything back except whatever the deposit amount is.

When is your new cruise? Less than 90 days out? Why would you lose your deposit?

We were offered rebooking at no cost to rebook, but if our new cruise was more expensive ( it was) we had to pay the difference. I was overall ok with what was being offered. We did lose a bit of money when we canceled flights and hotel, but it was only the initial cost of insurance. It could have been much worse. The one slight disappointment at the time was Disney not offering anything to offset not allowing us to board for example OBC. Even a small gesture of good will... say 25$ per person would have offset some harsh feelings. Then again with things getting worse, I’m just satisfied with what I did get.
Sorry you're not able to go this April, but glad Disney was able to offer you an option you were ok with. DD15's trip to Japan has been pushed out to April 2021--too many freaked parents (not us--other than worrying she'd be quarantined at some point). The travel company won't refund the money, but allowed the trip to be moved to next year and the cost will remain the same...so she's fully paid up for a trip for next April. I was scrambling yesterday to get her added to the Disney World trip for DH and I, luckily 1 seat opened up on our flights (at a crazy cost, but could be worse), and was able to add her to all but 1 FP. We rearranged some dining reservations with her input. DD's birthday is during the trip. Also 1 event is sold out that DH and I have tix to, so she'll likely miss that unless 1 tix becomes available. Overall better than I expected though...and maybe next April we'll get our 'alone' trip.

be interested to see what they come up with. I wouldnt count on it being anything that will make everyone happy

There is no way they are going to leave healthy people on board for very long. They saw how that turned out, and doing that again, now knowing the result, would expose them legally. Yes, they have the legal authority to quarantine, but not in a way that has been proven to be unsafe.

Well its not their choice. The US government would have final say and you can't sue the government over putting you in quarantine if there is positive cornavirus tests on the ship.

I think it’s too soon to make changes abs if it’s still bad in May Disney will do the right thing.

I get people are anxious about the uncertainty but not much DCL can do at this point. If they start canceling at it all blows over there will be bad press too. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I’m just going to wait it out and see.

I mean they are not though. It is not blowing over in the next couple weeks so they can easily cancel lets say 14-21 days out without pretty zero bad press. If anything Disney would absolutely be applauded for putting guest safety above profits.

not related to the cruise directly but I found this earlier - it is a summary of a WHO report written after they sent 25 international experts to China and has a lot of information about the virus and includes a list of symptoms (which I haven't really seen anywhere other than "flu-like"), and a ton of statistics about spread rate and fatality rate broken down by age and what is going on there now - there is a link to the full WHO report if you want to read it.

People are throwing around a LOT of numbers here... I thought I'd post some gathered by the experts.

If you are looking to stay on top of the latest numbers:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Flu Rates:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
As an example for the 2018-19 flu season:
AgeFlu Mortality %COVID-19 Morality %
0-40.007%0%
5-170.002%0% (5-9) / 0.2% (10-17)
18-490.02%0.2% (18-39) / 0.4% (40-49)
50-640.06%1.3% (50-59) / 3.6% (60-64)
65+0.83%3.6% (65-69) / 8% (70-79) / 14.8% (80+)
All Ages0.09%3.4%

Hoping everyone stays healthy out there and if you go on a cruise in the coming weeks that you avoid any mention of quarantine even.

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

At last!!! Where did you get the info please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter