Anniversary Trip-dinner suggestions

ChristyJE117

Earning My Ears
DH and I are going to WDW in Sept for our 5th anniversary. We're in our late 40s, have both been a few times and will likely do 4 (?) nicer sit down meals over the week. Otherwise we'll do apps and drinks... counter service for lunch... grocery store before checking in, so we'll have snacks, breakfast foods (and are in a Boardwalk studio)

What are your top recommendations for sit down meals?

Any other tips to share for an adult only trip related to meals?

Thanks!

We really liked Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk! Great food and service! And they made a huge deal about our Honeymoon! Love that place, been twice already and going again this summer

AKL - Boma, Jiko, or Sanaa
DS - Movie theater with waiters serving meals, Rain Forest, T-Rex
GF - V&A Chef's Table

Le Cellier was the highlight of our Disneymoon dining. We were seated in a quiet corner and our food was beyond excellent. I still tear up when I think about how good that meal was!

Also, be sure to wear a button to indicate you're celebrating your anniversary, just in case free dessert or champagne makes its way to your table ;)

DH and I love Citricos at the GF. It doesn't have spectacular views like CG or Narcoossee's but the food is great, the staff are friendly and professional and I think the atmosphere is classy and romantic :)

We loved California Grill and Citricos! We went for our 50th bdays and our 26th anniversary! Can't beat the view from Cali Grill but I think the service was better at Citricos. The food was fabulous at both!

Dh and I celebrated our anniversary there this past September. I had dinner reservations planned for most nights but we ended up eating at the booths at F&W so we skipped most of our dinners.
My favorite meal was Coral Reef, but not because of the food (which was very good) but because we had gone snorkeling in the tank earlier that day. It made that anniversary dinner memorable.

We also did a meal and wine pairing at Marrakesh that was very nice. It wasn't romantic since you share the table with other people, but the food was good, wine was good and the company was great. It was a memorable experience rather than just a meal.

We also enjoyed our dinner Tarttoria al Forno. That was not a planned ADR, we were at Epcot and storms came in so they closed the booths. We made it back to BW and decided to give it a try. The food was very good, but the service was exceptional. I would argue that it was one of the best servers we have ever had at WDW.

Following as we will be there in August over our anniversary. We dined at V&A a previous trip (February trip so was a combo Vday/anniversary/Bday dinner) and DH is wanting to try something new. We did Sanaa in 2015. Wondering if any Disney Springs restaurants are good for anniversary dinners?
Just read some bad reviews for Narcoossees...

Yachtsmen Steakhouse is a good option and would be a nice, easy (romantic?) walk from Boardwalk. I've never been, but I've always heard great things about Shula's in the Dolphin. That would also be a nice walk.

In Epcot, I like any of the restaurants in France. Again, easy walk from Boardwalk. ;) Honestly, I find Epcot World Showcase to be a relatively romantic area of WDW, so dinner in France followed by a stroll through the countries while grabbing the occasional drink along the way sounds like a wonderful evening to me! And just think--you wouldn't have to spoil the mood by sitting on a bus!

My wife and I have been planning an anniversary trip also. We are really excited about trying the Food and Wine dinner with the chef at Flying Fish. We are also looking into eating at the Boathouse in Disney Springs bc they have good steak and seafood plus they have the amphicars if you want to do that. Sanaa at AKL has a wine tasting on Wednesdays we may do.

Yachtsmen Steakhouse has excellent food and service both! If you like steak, I highly recommend splurging at the Hollywood Brown Derby for the Charred Filet of Beef with the Kobe beef option. My DH and I have never had a more tender better tasting steak. Very pricey meal, but worth it to try at least once! We're looking forward to trying Jiko this couples trip in March.

We loved Todd English's BlueZoo at the Dolphin. Food and service blew us away and the ambiance was great. On a different note, we also enjoyed La Hacienda de la Angel, but that was mainly due to having a window table for the fireworks during the desert course.

Victoria's and Albert's is an Dining Experience of a lifetime. But it will cost you around $600.00 for an unforgettable 2.5 hour dining experience. If you can afford it I would go, even if I have to eliminate one of the other fancy meals.

DH and I are going to WDW in Sept for our 5th anniversary. We're in our late 40s, have both been a few times and will likely do 4 (?) nicer sit down meals over the week. Otherwise we'll do apps and drinks... counter service for lunch... grocery store before checking in, so we'll have snacks, breakfast foods (and are in a Boardwalk studio)

What are your top recommendations for sit down meals?

Any other tips to share for an adult only trip related to meals?

Thanks!

Are you open to eating offsite? Orlando's Magical Dining Month should be in full swing by then, and you can have some epic 3 course sit down meals for less than the cost of some 1 DP credit Disney places (I believe $33 + generous tip/tax per person was last year's rate - remember to always tip on the pre-discount:)). If you aren't, last year (for the 1st time ever), some of the Disney Springs places participated (and the Swan/Dolphin places always participate). It's perfect timing for 2 adults to have really nice sit downs without breaking the bank...so if you are not on free dining, do the next best thing! (This even supports a local charity, so it's a win-win!):)

We're going in August for our anniversary and we're doing Spirit of Aloha, Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, San Angel Inn. We're also doing big breakfasts at Chef Mickey's, Trattoria al Forno, Hollywood & Vine and Garden Grill (to beat rope drop). We are doing the DXDP for the first time and trying new places and some old favorites.

My hubby and I did Disney for our 10th anniversary. We did dinners at Liberty Tree Tavern, told them in advance and they left us a big heart out of mickey ear confetti on the table. It was wonderful Back then it was a character meal and the characters love finding out it is your anniversary. They kiss and hug you and then make you kiss and they cover their eyes. It is cute.

•Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is outstanding! The best meal(s) we've ever had at Disney was here.
•California Grill never disappoints. Can't be the view.
•Monsieur Paul is great, if you like French food. We love it!
•Citricos is very good.
•Hoop Dee Doo Review we have dont this on our anniversary. It was great fun! Good food and a fun show. I drank A LOT of sangria, and they make it a point to make it special if you're celebrating.
•Be Our Guest is a nice dinner too, they have wine pairings for dinner if that's your thing.
••As far as Cinderellas Royal Table... maybe we are in the minority on this one, but we don't care for it at all. Food is mediocre at best. Menu selection is VERY limited. And while it's in the castle, it is 100% geared to children now more than ever before. The kids running around, crying, screaming, tantrums, and just not minding their manners was overwhelming. We were utterly surrounded the two times we ate here by poorly mannered children/families. I blame the parents. But that doesn't change anything while you're dining. And it's not a large space, so it's loud when overrun by naughty children. It seems that after they closed and renovated things were never going to be the same. The menu, the atmosphere in general imho is just not conducive to a nice dinner. We left before dessert on both occasions.

We did Be Our Guest dinner on our family trip last year and my husband and I LOVED it! This was the first on the list for our upcoming anniversary trip. It had a surprisingly adult menu.

For our upcoming trip we also booked more breakfasts (cape May cafe, trail's end, garden Grill) than we do on family trips.

We also have plans to eat/drink/snack around the world showcase but have an ADR at via Napoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!