Anniversary, Pregnancy, and 3.5 Generations at WDW! DxDP Update: Whispering Canyon!

love your review of Tokyo dining - I would have never said that I would like to got here before as I hate the idea of sushi but it looks amazing - adding it to the shortlist for 2012 ;)

Great review of Tokyo Dining

It really is a great restaurant that tends to get overlooked by many people

Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

That smoothie your mom got @ WC looks really good. We enjoyed WC very much on our last trip. My DH got the eggs ben w/ beef brisket. I tasted it & it was soooooo amazing I still think about the one little taste I had. :lmao:

Before you had even said that your DH was from MN, I saw his t-shirt, and thought, "Hmmm...looks like a MN boy." My DFI and I live in Mankato (although he's originally from New Richland)! :lmao:

Great reviews! We are also going to Artist Point. Although you didn't like it, that salmon looks so good to me! :goodvibes

I stumbled on your review thanks to a tip that there was some information here on Tokyo Dining on the DxDP. First of all, I love that you went with your mom and your 83-year old grandma. That is just awesome!

So, my question is, are there any sushi platters, sushi combos, or sushi appetizers that you can order using the deluxe dining plan? Do you remember what the options were?

TIA!

I just found your dining report and I'm jumping in. Your pictures and descriptions are making me drool! Keep up the great work! :goodvibes

You have such a beautiful family~ it looks like many great memories were made! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I was thinking the same thing! -->

By the way, none of you look your ages, you must have very good genes :thumbsup2

Your Grandma certainly doesn't look anywhere near 83 !

I love your reviews so far~ your food pictures are gorgeous!
Looking forward to more of your reviews.

So...I stopped updating this review because we found out that our baby had anencephaly, a fatal neural tube defect, and was going to die shortly after her birth. She died in December 2011. But now we have a beautiful, healthy son and I'm planning our next Disney trip. I've started going back through our pictures from the 2011 trip and I still have all of the food photos, etc. Should I bother finishing the review? It's been such a long time and I'm sure that all of the restaurants have changed their menus by now...but I look back on the trip now and think that we really did have a great time. It was our daughter's only Disney trip, even if she only got to experience it vicariously. I'm thinking that we'll probably want to go to some of the same restaurants for our next trip, although we'll be scaling back a lot (no DxDP this time!).

So...I stopped updating this review because we found out that our baby had anencephaly, a fatal neural tube defect, and was going to die shortly after her birth. She died in December 2011. But now we have a beautiful, healthy son and I'm planning our next Disney trip. I've started going back through our pictures from the 2011 trip and I still have all of the food photos, etc. Should I bother finishing the review? It's been such a long time and I'm sure that all of the restaurants have changed their menus by now...but I look back on the trip now and think that we really did have a great time. It was our daughter's only Disney trip, even if she only got to experience it vicariously. I'm thinking that we'll probably want to go to some of the same restaurants for our next trip, although we'll be scaling back a lot (no DxDP this time!).

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, but so happy you have a healthy son. Your next trip is going to be so joyous. I loved reading in your dining reports

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

If you want to take the time to do a food review, I would love to read it! Maybe it will help the time until your next trip pass a little more quickly?

(BTW, hi from another Indiana person! It seems like there are not very many of us around here:confused3)

What a bittersweet update. I am so sorry for your loss and congrats on your son!

I say keep going, I just found this now and hadn't even noticed it was old. I'd love to read more :)

Thanks for all of the replies! It has taken a long time to heal from losing our daughter, but having our son helped a lot. He is such a joy! We only had four hours with his sister before she passed away, so I'm relishing every moment, even when he's fussy and spitting up all over himself. :lovestruc

I think I will at least post the rest of the pictures and anything we remember from the meals. DH and I were talking about the restaurants tonight and looked over the pictures, and he gave me some suggestions about which ones he'd like to visit again, so I think re-reviewing them would help us to plan the new trip.

One other thing--I just updated my profile. Unfortunately, we just left Indiana (literally, 8 days ago!) for Missouri! I'm finishing up my Ph.D. and will be an intern here for a year, and then we're hoping to relocate back to Florida when I get my real job and finally become a grown up at the grand old age of 32. :woohoo:

I am so sorry for your loss. I love your reviews and would love to read more!

Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics! So sorry to hear about your loss, but it's great that things are looking up with your son and a potential Disney trip on the horizon. :goodvibes

So sorry for your loss of your sweet baby girl, how heartbreaking. Congrats on your new baby boy! I would love to read the rest of your reviews

Another who would love to read the rest of your reviews. Condolences on your loss and Congratulations not only on your new arrival but also on being able to talk about your grief. So hard to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter