Anne's PJ: Dec 10th, 2007 AAR/ADH *Updated 11/26*Tons of new stuff*

Thanks all!! I've been a little busy lately so I haven't had the chance to update though it's on my list of things to get done today. I promise to add a few more details.

have you decided on centerpieces yet? for some reason i have this vision in my ead for one.and i would love to share it

I think I posted my centerpieces early on in the thread. I'm going to give Disney Floral lanterns I bought at Ikea and they will fill them with flowers to make the bouquets and Christmas theme. At least that's the plan...

Anne, I love your favors, they came out really cute.

Just a tip that I just thought of at ADH. I don't know where you are staying for your wedding night but you are responsible for getting everything out of there( flowers, cake..etc). We stayed at the Boardwalk villas and called the bell hop about 1/2 before the reception ended to come pick up the stuff and deliver it to our room. If we hadn't stayed at the BW we would have had to get all our stuff out of there somehow with the help of some guest I assume because we didn't have a car.

Malibelle, Thanks for the tip. We are staying at the Beach club that night. I'll add it to my to do list to call the bell hop to pick up everything. Did that cost you anything?

I'm just catching up on your PJ. Everything looks so great! I love your favors!! I think getting married in December is great! I wish we could have done that :) Good luck with the rest of your planning!

It's been way too long since I've updated my PJ.... I've been working on lots of the little details for the welcome boxes. I found some folders on sale after the back to school craziness ended. I made some labels for them and now they look like this:

1489223039_26f0352396.jpg

Many of our guests are going to be at Disney for the first time so I wanted to make sure they could find the wedding bus pick up locations at each of their resorts. I'm going to include these in the welcome box:

1489273705_bd2c369cac.jpg

1489273755_6648c1d422.jpg

1489273603_4d608cdbdf.jpg

Since all the stores are already putting their Christmas merchandise out, I was also able to find some frames to add to my giftbags for my MOH and BM. Hopefully they will like them.

1489222527_f8719d4e7d.jpg

At Michaels (craft store) I was able to find what might become the ribbon on the cake to add just a touch of Christmas to it. I still have to contact Disney floral about that...

1490080696_cb81ed0293_m.jpg

1490079826_16764d3941_m.jpg

1490079082_e6d68e867c_m.jpg

I think that's it so far... My parents are coming up for a visit next week and I'll have my second fitting then as well. It's getting so close!!!

Oh how I envy you doing a christmas time wedding! I love everything you have done. The favors are adorable and such a great idea. I LOVE your invites and am heading over to that website ASAP because I think you may have inspired me to make my own too! Yay! Keep up the amazing planning!

I love the idea of including the maps of the resort bus pickup locations. I will definitely have to steal that one! :thumbsup2

Great PJ so far! I got the same invitations from Cards & Pockets, but in Cornflower (metallic blue).

I'm just going to say hi!

I just placed how I knew you & steve.

I did FIRST in high school. I was actually talking to some people up here at River Rage and when I mentioned my wedding at Disney, they immediately thought of yours too.

Also, reading more in depth. 2 of my girl friends & I are on that same cruise! So maybe we'll see you around on the ship.

Chief Delphi has invaded the Disboards :banana: You should come down to Chesapeake too :rotfl2:

"it's a small world after all ........"

I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point. Say hello if you see us first.

Chief Delphi has invaded the Disboards :banana: You should come down to Chesapeake too :rotfl2:

"it's a small world after all ........"

I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point. Say hello if you see us first.

Haha. I'm a bad delphi-er. I don't think I've posted there in like a year. The first time I even saw the 2007 Game played was this weekend at River Rage since I was out of the country for school during the normal competition season. But I was running the scoring/field control software...at least the game was easy to follow along to.

Chesapeake is the same weekend as UTC and I've already promised people I'll be there at UTC working the event. I'm at BAE, UTC, and Boston this year unless somehow I get talked into joining a team after graduation in December since most of the companies I'm interviewing with seem to have teams.

But I'll see you sometime I'm sure on the cruise.

Congrats! Have a great wedding.

I have waited way too long to update this. I guess I got too wrapped up in the wedding planning and forgot all about updating my PJ . I’ll try to make up for that now :).

Bridal Shower:

My parents decided to come up to visit along with my sister and nephew on October 12th for the weekend. They claimed that they were coming up so that my nephew would get to see me and DF again soon before the wedding and be comfortable with us. Plus my sister hadn’t been up to see our house yet.

Turns out that everyone lied to me. On the Saturday we all took my nephew to a pumpkin farm that had lots of games, food, and activities to celebrate the season. We had a blast. DF told me that Aaron, the Best man had forgotten his keys at our house so we’d have to go drop them off. When I walked in, everyone was there for the shower.

2066406212_cfb300215f.jpg

DF got a little present for his lies:

2066406508_4613b66fb8_m.jpg

Then the boys left us girls. We played some games, ate some great food, and I got to open tons of really nice presents.

2065613011_b378ed940d.jpg

2066410112_e52a587c8f.jpg

2066409406_57afde74c3_m.jpg

2065612437_9baef9f98e_m.jpg

2066408358_b5dadd7c16.jpg

They got me pretty good. My friends are way too good at lying.....

Rehearsal Dinner details:

DF and I didn’t want everyone to get all dressed up for our rehearsal and dinner since the rehearsal will be so early in the morning with a big break until the dinner. We thought it would be cute to have both revolve around our favorite football team, the Baltimore Ravens (even though they suck right now). So we made these invitations for everyone, asking them to wear their purple proudly:

2066405706_0c138f1698.jpg

2065607891_41399e4ac1.jpg

DF and I will wear these custom jerseys:

2066404748_58962f9a26.jpg

We will all be eating at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, our favorite buffet. I can’t wait!!

Head wear:

We each already have our wedding ears but those aren’t always the most comfortable to wear so we also got some baseball hats embroidered. We found hats we like and got them embroidered at our local mall. That way we were able to get higher quality hats and not spend a fortune. They turned out nice:

2065607305_7a92715a9d_m.jpg

2066405368_68a96afb9b_m.jpg

Things Remembered:

What an awesome store that is!! We were able to find some great albums for our parents’ gift. We got them engraved with our name and wedding date, picture to be added later.

2066404262_b82014dacb.jpg

I also found a cake server set on Ebay that I loved. I brought it in to Things Remembered and they personalized it for me. Turned out great.

2065606607_e8276e17a9.jpg

2066404574_5d3cf272f1.jpg

Table numbers and placecards:

We already had finished and sent down to my parents the boxes we wanted to use as placecards.

1139300785_6b9d51b451_m.jpg

We still needed to add the names and table numbers to them. We found these great gift tags and voila!!

Outside:
2065603547_8611c95a6a.jpg

Inside:
2065603363_3893f5791e.jpg

We then used Christmas cards for table numbers. All we did was add a sticker to the back of each card. They ended up looking like this:

Front:
2065605757_4684e69cff.jpg

Back:
2066403916_085135d0a5.jpg

Programs:

A few weekends ago, with the help of FMIL, we finished the programs. They’ll be placed on the chairs before the guests enter. We couldn’t decide between green and red so we used both...

2065605205_bb149c85ed.jpg

2066403042_e1952773e3.jpg

Guestbook:

This one took a lot of effort from me, DF, FMIL, and my mother to gather up lots of pictures. We decided to create a photobook with pictures from the time each of us were born until now. It turned out great. I’ll get some paint markers for everyone to use to sign the book.

2065603855_e1de6d7e7b.jpg

2066401728_e67459f6bb.jpg

2065604313_cbdba7d9b3.jpg

2066402260_472b44f208.jpg

Other stuff:

I also managed to find a gift for DF but I won’t post that here in case he looks. We found our a few months ago that we each were planning to buy each other the same thing as a wedding gifts, a share of Disney stock from oneshare.com. It was funny to think we would have both given each other the same thing but once we figured it out, we both had to start back at square one. I think I found something he’ll like, time will tell.....

I pick up my dress on Wednesday. I had my last fitting last week but they needed to fix a few loose beads. I think I might try it on again on Wednesday just to make sure...

I also did a hair trial locally. It turned out ok but I’ve talked to Ana from Makeover Majic to improve on it even more. I’d post pictures but I don’t want DF to see. If only he wasn’t so nosy....

I love your guestbook! What a great idea! May I ask where you got that book from?

Great pj so far! popcorn::

Hope you had a great wedding!

Maybe I'll run into you on the cruise :D

Hope you had a wonderful wedding and can't wait for you to report back here. I love all your ideas. We are planning for our wedding in WDW next November and everyones ideas has really helped out. Only problem is that the more you read the more you want to do.

I was wondering if you did the MK shoot. I really want to do this next year but not sure how it will come out with the new holiday lights on the castle. We were down for Thanksgiving and they are beautiful when they are lite but not sure how they will come out in the early morning.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter