Anne's PJ: Dec 10th, 2007 AAR/ADH *Updated 11/26*Tons of new stuff*

I finally received the favor and welcome boxes this week. Our favors are going to be Mickey ornament that we will personalize. We haven’t quite figured out what we will write on them just yet but it will probably include our names and the wedding date. Those ornaments will be placed in the center of the napkin fold at each place setting. DF had the idea to use the boxes as the place cards for everyone. We’ll decorate the plain boxes and attach a gift tag with their name and table number.

Favor

1139301769_6437709c52.jpg

Decorated favor box

1139300785_6b9d51b451_m.jpg

That was just the first one I did, I still have the rest to go and we’ll have to find some gift tags that match somewhere.....

The welcome box will be more simple to decorate. I just need to design a large label to put on top once the boxes get filled. I’ve been collecting stuff to put in the box since we got engaged. We’ll make cards to put in the lanyard plastic holders with the wedding date and a basic schedule on the back. DF is actually taking that project on so I don’t have a picture yet. My parents (they live in south Florida) will add some snacks and water bottles to the boxes once we ship everything down to them. I will also include park maps, a newsletter and a wedding day itinerary.

Welcome box (we won’t have the ribbon)
1140165976_3931e9be3b_m.jpg

Welcome items
1140149256_455fd59599.jpg

There are only two kids (3 and 4) at the wedding so I thought I would put together special welcome kits for them. I got them each a bookbag and each of them will have a set of the other items:

1140151232_04e1dd23b0.jpg

I’m almost finished getting the bridesmaids their gifts as well. I still need to find a little something particular to each of them but I’m getting close.

Bag and all the gifts
1140148290_38d757e07b.jpg

Close up of the jewelry
1140150512_e21d267e33.jpg

DF still needs to make up his mind for the guys but he’ll get there eventually (maybe.....). We also still have to find something for each set of parents. That’ll be the tough one to come up with.

Wow!!! I don't even know where to begin. Awesome proposal story! I love your flowers and all your decor ideas. You're menu selections are wonderful! Love the ornaments as favors... And your newsletters are amazing--they look so professional!! I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff... I'm definitely going to enjoy reading along as you continue to make plans. Congratulations!!!

Love everything you have done. I am working on our newsletter also and would love to see your newletter bigger so I could read it (and maybe get some suggestions if I am leaving something out).

I also love the Mickey Circle pendant you got for your BM. Where did you find them. I was thinking of getting the regular circle pendants for my BM because the dress I am interested in them getting has a circle of rhinestones on a sash on the dress http://a6.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dresses&style=A6511 (hope that worked). I thought the circle pendant would be great to wear with the dress. I found a saying "A Circle of Friendship is Never Ending" and was going to put that on a card with the pendant.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Wow, your stuff looks great! I'm going to have to bookmark the invitation supply place you listed, I love your invites.

And welcome boxes... awesome idea. I was thinking about bags, but I like the neatness (and stackability) of boxes better!

Thank you all for the compliments. I've gotten tons of ideas by reading other PJs from brides here and can only hope I will give you all ideas as well.

Love everything you have done. I am working on our newsletter also and would love to see your newletter bigger so I could read it (and maybe get some suggestions if I am leaving something out).

I also love the Mickey Circle pendant you got for your BM. Where did you find them. I was thinking of getting the regular circle pendants for my BM because the dress I am interested in them getting has a circle of rhinestones on a sash on the dress http://a6.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dresses&style=A6511 (hope that worked). I thought the circle pendant would be great to wear with the dress. I found a saying "A Circle of Friendship is Never Ending" and was going to put that on a card with the pendant.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Linda, I'd be glad to email you larger pictures of my newsletters, just PM me your email address and I will send them along. I just used Microsoft Publisher and played around with one of their existing layouts. It was pretty easy to do.

I love your bridesmaids dresses. The pendant would be perfect!! I bought them from the jewelry store on Main Street in MK. You can probably find it in any of the other Disney jewelry stores as well since they tend to carry mostly the same things. The card and that saying are a great idea, I may have to "borrow" that one :).

Wow, your stuff looks great! I'm going to have to bookmark the invitation supply place you listed, I love your invites.

And welcome boxes... awesome idea. I was thinking about bags, but I like the neatness (and stackability) of boxes better!

I actually got the cards and pocket link from another bride here (I can't remember exactly who but thank you!!!). Their website is a little confusing at first until you figure out the lingo but they are great to deal with.

I thought about bags for a while too but the boxes are so much easier to handle and guests can use them to bring things home without getting smushed.

These boards are so great for ideas. My wedding binder keeps getting thicker and thicker.

Thanks to everyone.

Linda

Thanks also for the great pictures of ADH. We are hoping for that location also for our reception (we want the ceremony in Italy). Also, love the photos of the upstairs. We have been to ADH but never upstairs.

How many people are you have at your reception? We are thinking around 50 and I don't want the place to look too big with that many people. Also, how are you doing your tables. On different website I have read that the tables are 4 tops. I am not sure if I want that or to change it over to 8 tops (I know there is a charge for this - but can it be done). With 4 tops I would imagine you would need more centerpieces (although probably smaller as the tables are smaller). All these questions. We will be down in November (for Thanksgiving) and I am hoping to get an appointment and check out all our requests.

Linda

Thanks also for the great pictures of ADH. We are hoping for that location also for our reception (we want the ceremony in Italy). Also, love the photos of the upstairs. We have been to ADH but never upstairs.

How many people are you have at your reception? We are thinking around 50 and I don't want the place to look too big with that many people. Also, how are you doing your tables. On different website I have read that the tables are 4 tops. I am not sure if I want that or to change it over to 8 tops (I know there is a charge for this - but can it be done). With 4 tops I would imagine you would need more centerpieces (although probably smaller as the tables are smaller). All these questions. We will be down in November (for Thanksgiving) and I am hoping to get an appointment and check out all our requests.

Linda

It is really hard to get good pictures of ADH. I didn't even know there was a patio upstairs until our site visit in May. We are currently planning on a little less than 50 at our reception. Disney warned us that typically ADH is used for larger parties but the dance floor was very important to us so we are staying with it.

Right now we are using the existing tables for our guests. There are a combination of 4 top and 2 top tables. Hopefully by the end of it we will use only the 4 tops. We were offered 8 tops on the dance floor at no extra cost but that defeits the purpose of having a large dance floor for dancing. The four top tables are marble tops so we are not using any linens, just our small centerpieces which so far will cost us about $45 a piece so we are not complaining.

The charge with the 8 top tables is if you want to replace the 4 tops on the main level with the larger tables. The 4 tops are heavy and there is not much storage at ADH so they charge to move them and/or remove them. At least that's what I was told. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to be helpful ;) .

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It really gets me energized to get everything else done:cheer2:.

I thought I would introduce the wedding party today. I probably should have done that earlier but I guess I got sidetracked by everything else I wanted to post up there. I’ve got pictures of mostly everyone for those who want to put faces to the names.

Maid of honor - Erica (best friend)
Best man - Aaron (best friend)
1140168856_a6afb3892f.jpg

Bridesmaid - Julie (Bride’s sister)
The little one in the picture is her son, Evan.
1215398214_955262989f.jpg

Groomsman - Jeff (Groom’s brother)
I don’t have a picture of Jeff anywhere on this computer. I’ll try to add one from home tonight.

Ringbearer - Evan (Bride’s Nephew)
He will be 3 in October. He was already in the picture with his mom above but I just had to post these too :).

At the polynesian, stricking a pose:
1140166894_c6e94aa52a.jpg

Here he is with my parents:
1139323453_0ba03267d9.jpg

Here he is enjoying my mom’s Mothers Day cake:
1215469612_34e8d80cdb_m.jpg

And enjoying his ride in his favorite choo-choo train ride :):
1214606003_7694553b2d_m.jpg

(He’s the first little one in my family so he get’s tons of attention)

Reader/Usher - Mike (Bride’s brother)
Also shown in the picture is his fiancé, Michelle. (Who can guess where that picture was taken?)
1140167256_d531d880a8.jpg

Everything sounds great!!! I would have loved a christmas wedding (unfortunately, getting married at home in western new york & w/ family coming from the adirondacks and minnesota, it would have been too much stress that a random blizzard would ruin everything - i'm a worrywart!) Your dress is beautiful! Can't wait to hear more, congratulations!

I am also getting married at AAR and I totally agree about the chair covers. After seeing a video of another wedding there that didn't have them, I said that was one thing that we had to splurge on. It's only costing us like $500 extra and I think it is worth every single penny!! :goodvibes

I am also getting married at AAR and I totally agree about the chair covers. After seeing a video of another wedding there that didn't have them, I said that was one thing that we had to splurge on. It's only costing us like $500 extra and I think it is worth every single penny!! :goodvibes

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. DF would love to take that $500 out of the BEO for good. Right now it actually is helping us stay just barely above the minimum so I have a leg to stand on. I'll fight this one to the end :).

I still haven’t found a picture of DF’s brother. To quote DF, “I already know what he looks like, I don’t need a picture.” That is just so typical :). I’ve been receiving tons of phone calls over the last weekend as my mom tries to play travel agent for my family without understanding all the information. I think everything is straightened out for now but my parents, sister, and brother have yet to make their reservations since my mom has some grand plan that no one but her understands. It’ll be interesting to see how well that goes.....

I received the ringbearer pillow in the mail. Here’s what it looks like:

1140165918_e50b8bfcce_m.jpg

I also bought my little ringbearer his gift. He loves trains so I thought this pin was only fitting:

1139307463_009302c5bb_m.jpg

And lastly for today, we also got our rings in. Here is DF’s:

1139316069_a01722799e.jpg

Mine (I did a horrible job of taking a picture):

1139315059_834060deca_m.jpg

Here is one decent pic of mine with my e-ring:

1139316329_8351dd8a5f.jpg

It’s so hard to take good pictures of rings!!! I’ll have to try to take better ones. There have only been a few things that we’ve gone over budget for so far in the wedding and rings is one of them. Hopefully it won’t blow the rest of the budget....

Your ringbearer is precious. My son was the only little one for 15 years...imagine how rotten he is now!

Anne you plans sound great so far. YOu will love ADH, we just had our there, check out my trip report, I am getting to the reception part soon I promise. Let me know if you have any questions about ADH, we had 100 people at our wedding and a great buffet with pasta station and carving station.

You have such wonderful choices so far Anne! I love your ring pillow...it's so unique!

I'm obsessed with the AAR at the moment...do you have an extra pictures? Your ceremony is going to be spectacular!

Your ringbearer is precious. My son was the only little one for 15 years...imagine how rotten he is now!

Thanks! He is really precious. I just wish I could spend more time with him. It's a little difficult since he's way down in South Florida and I'm up here in Maryland. But I get to shower him with gifts and spoil him silly when I do see him :rolleyes1

Anne you plans sound great so far. YOu will love ADH, we just had our there, check out my trip report, I am getting to the reception part soon I promise. Let me know if you have any questions about ADH, we had 100 people at our wedding and a great buffet with pasta station and carving station.

I did look over your trip report and saw your pictures. I hope my reception will be as beautiful as yours!! I'll let you know if I have any questions.

You have such wonderful choices so far Anne! I love your ring pillow...it's so unique!

I'm obsessed with the AAR at the moment...do you have an extra pictures? Your ceremony is going to be spectacular!

Thanks! I actually bought the ring pillow on Ebay. I can't seem to find the seller at the moment but if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

As far as AAR, it is difficult to get a good picture of the space. I do have a few other pictures though I don't think they really do justice to the beauty of the rotunda.

Here's a few of the best ones I have:

1275783255_91a91c6a16.jpg

1276649686_aa6998248b.jpg

1276649384_258426d4b3.jpg

There are also many really nice pictures on the Mousewedding website (http://www.mouseweddings.com/wedlocar.html). I hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter