Animal Kingdon 1 bedroom villa

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by petunia, Jun 14, 2018.

1. petunia

petunia DIS Veteran

When I input our info, 3 adults and 2 kids, 11 and 12, this option comes up. But, when I read the description it says king bed and double sofa, so are 3 people suppose to sleep in the king? Or is there a murphy/trundle not mentioned?

2. larissawbb

larissawbb DIS Veteran

There is a pullout sofa in the living room that theoretically sleeps two. There is also a pullout chair that sleeps one. The chair is comfortable, the sofa is up for debate. Kids might be fine with it. There is no Murphy bed or trundle. You can bring a twin air mattress.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are staying at an AKV one bedroom villa, but not a value one bedroom villa, it will have one king bed in the master bedroom, one queen sleeper sofa in the living room and one twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. The value villa will only sleep four persons and does not have the sleeper chair. If you are looking at the studio, it will have one queen sized bed and one double sleeper sofa and only sleeps four.

However, if you are looking at a one bedroom suite, that is not a DVC villa and will be different.

5. petunia

petunia DIS Veteran

Geez, Im not sure what Im looking at, but most say exceed limit, so I think the 4 person rooms were not it. I did see a chair in the picture, so that must be it. Thank you all, the chair will be fine, I was just worried that 3 people would have to sleep in the king, as they only mention king and pull out.

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Is it Jambo or Kidani? Kidani's 1 bedrooms are bigger and have an extra full bathroom.

7. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Kidani , yes the extra bathroom is great. We are a party of 2 adults and 2 kids and I feel it's not a ton if room. The pull out sofa is ok for little kids but I slept on it one night and it was murder on my back. All I remember when we stayed there was the king bed and the pull out sleeper sofa (I think it was a size full - it looked too small to be a queen to me). I loved kidani but I think it would be a tight fit for 3 adults & 2 kids mainly due to the sleeping situation. If there were 2 queen beds as opposed to the 1 king and the pull out, that would be better for a party of 5.

8. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

If you're looking for recommendations you may want to check out the 1 bedroom at Old Key West. The layout looks little more user friendly and it had a bit more square footage. These were the 1st of the DVC clubs so they are a bit larger.

9. DisneyDiana

DisneyDiana DIS Veteran

FWIW, the twin sleeper chair is very comfortable. I usually sleep on it when we have family come with us since I let them have the bedroom.

10. petunia

petunia DIS Veteran

It was Kidani I think.

11. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 1 BR in Kidani and the sleeper sofa was fine. Did not need the chair, so can't comment on that.

12. hakepb

hakepb DIS Veteran

Kidani is only DVC Villas (no suites), and all Kidani 1BR have the sleeper chair, and the extra bathroom. They are great Villas!

Hopefully likes this.