Animal Kingdom Restaurants and Itenerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2kten

Earning My Ears
I am in the early stages of planning my Feb 2018 trip. I know reservations will need to be made far in advance for restaurants so i'm planning early. At first, i had thought about an early breakfast at Tusker House (I want to meet the characters) and then a late lunch at Yak & Yeti. Then I remembered Rivers of Lights that happens in the evening. So i was thinking of maybe doing early lunch at Yak Yeti and then Tusker House at night before River of Lights? Are the characters also there for dinner? It's just going to be my husband and I on the trip and i'm also not sure how much time we will spend in AK? So far i don't have too much on my list of things to do at that park. I'm even considering skipping Yak and Yeti lunch and doing Disney Springs for lunch and then heading to AK? Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated. We are two 30 year olds - I'm a Disney fan but my husband is just excited about Star Wars so for AK i've really just got the Safari, a few rides, seeing animals, Rivers of Lights show and the Festival of the Lion King show. Thanks!

Are you stuck on a character meal? If not, I suggest Tiffens for supper. It's an excellent restaurant and Nomads Lounge is one of the best lounges on property in my opinion. You could also just grab something to eat at Nomad Lounge.

I would suggest trying for the rol dinner package at tusker house if you are planning to go there. See what times are available and base your decisions around that

Are you stuck on a character meal? If not, I suggest Tiffens for supper. It's an excellent restaurant and Nomads Lounge is one of the best lounges on property in my opinion. You could also just grab something to eat at Nomad Lounge.

Me too.

I suggest doing a ROL dining package at Tusker House. You'll get your characters and have seats for ROL. I'd suggest making your dining package at a time so that you could make a Fast Pass reservation for the safaris right at sunset.

We love Tusker House for breakfast. The buffet is very similar to Boma (which is our fave for both breakfast and dinner) and the character interactions are nice. I love Donald!!

Maybe have that day as a relaxed morning, and make late brft ADR at Tusker House with ROL package (10:30- 10:45) which gives you brft, then can try some lunch food as they change over. You can plan FP/shows for after that in early afternoon to do Safari and Lion King which are right next door, and walk Pagani Trail. Then head to Asia for Everest FP or single rider and Maharah Trek and Dino if interested. You could do early dinner around 4 at Yak and Yeti, or just grab QS, then see Tree of Life lighting, and check out Pandora(supposed to have lots of cool light effects) before ROL show. Of course Pandora is still the unknown, so once it opens you'll know better about planning that part(watch on here for reviews and info!) - maybe you will want to get there earlier to do that area in the morning before brft. and see it later at night as well.

Thank you guys so much! I know that Tiffins menu looks a little bit out of my food comfort zone but Tusker House sounds great! And i love the idea of the late breakfast.

Thank you guys so much! I know that Tiffins menu looks a little bit out of my food comfort zone but Tusker House sounds great! And i love the idea of the late breakfast.
I’ve booked a late breakfast ADR for Tuscker. What did you end up doing and how did it work out for you?
I’m hoping to get a FP for FoP and stand by for Na’vi river then make it to Tusker by 1045. Would love to know your experience:)

What about eating QS so you don't have to worry about reservations?

This thread is from a year ago, and the OP's trip was last month (unless you're responding to the poster who revived it, in which case, never mind. :D)
Thanks for noting the date.

And the OP, according to her recent Trip Report, didn’t eat at Tusker.
Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter