Animal Kingdom Reduction of Character Meets?

This started a couple of months ago. A CM friend that was a "friend of the Ant" was downsized over to studios.

Not sure why they would be retiring characters. My only thought is it may have something to do with the alternate summer entertainment they are offering around the park. Maybe to offset the cost of the Sundown Celebration stuff they are removing some character meet and greets. :confused3

I think it's s shame. I always looked forward to meeting some different characters at AK. I have some great pics from meeting Mike's Ant friend. I thought Disney figured out with Epcot that people really, really want to see characters? Cutting back on characters at AK certainly isn't going to help attendance there.

I think it's s shame. I always looked forward to meeting some different characters at AK. I have some great pics from meeting Mike's Ant friend. I thought Disney figured out with Epcot that people really, really want to see characters? Cutting back on characters at AK certainly isn't going to help attendance there.

I agree :sad2:

It's such a shame they're cutting the characters back. I think one of the appeals with AK is the different characters they have there.

It might be the old "guest demand" theory. I have traditionally gone at slower times, but often those characters are just a walk-up. I have even seen Mickey & Minnie with a very short wait (5-10 minutes) in Camp Minnie Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter