Animal kingdom Pool/Hot Tubs in December

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
someone sell me on booking a room at Animal Kingdom for our December12-18 stay this year ....because we are from the North we definately utilize the pools when we are in Disney even when the Southerners think we are nut...but because Animal kingdom only has only pool we are concerned about the pool being warn enough.....and not having another pool to try.....if someone can elaborate on the pool this would be great!!

we went in december and layed out by the pool one day, but didnt get in. and a couple of nights went to the hot tub. I think you would be fine being from up north your probbaly would thing some days are plesant!

All Disney pools are heated according to the outside temperature. We like going to Disney in December but it is a hit and miss thing with the weather, but when you stay for a week, there are usually 3 pool days

the pool will be warn enough to swim in - it has two hot tubs - they are fine too.

the problem will be getting out of the pool and back to your room - just the inside of the resort isn't that far - but your room could be quite a walk from the pool.

when Kidani is finished there will be another pool - and a child's water play area.

Not a pool person but I can tell you that the hot tubs at Animal Kingdom Lodge rock!

The water in the main pool is great. Don't forget that Florida isn't that cold in December. All the times we've been to Florida in December (which is 95% of the times we've been there) it isn't too cold. The only time it was cold was about 2 years ago and temps in the morning were in the upper 40's and the pools were steaming cuz they were so warm. At about 11am the temperature would be around mid to upper 60's/possibly lower 70's which is perfect for northerners. Even we that are from South Texas can deal with those numbers.

If all else fails, you can use the hot tubs which are descent in size and should be comfortable for 2 to enjoy a nice relaxing dip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter