Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge? HELP!!!

I have stayed at both and like both for different reasons, but we seem to gravitate back to WL. We love the water and the boat to the MK. Also have bikes and boats to rent which is great fun. The water parade each night is retro and great. I will say I like the food better at AKL and we love the animals.

Kinda can't go wrong - just depends on your priorities.

Both are nice. I like the rooms better at akl however. I also find the boat ride to mk way overrated. I prefer the 5 minute bus ride over the slow boat any day. The akl is more impressive IMO both have good food choices. Akl is also more remote which appeals to many people. Akl has a way nicer pool too. Both are nice, which ever one you pick visit the other one for future reference. Have a great trip!:wizard:

Wilderness Lodge for us. Having stayed at both, we do enjoy AKL, however, the WL does it all for us. Grand Lobby, great rooms, boats to MK, boats to FW for the Hoop De Do etc., and, for us at least, the most "Disney" feeling of all the resorts on property. My wife and I have even chosen it for our two week trip this August on which we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. :goodvibes

Love, love, love the Lodge!

I've only visited WL for meals so I can't comment on staying there. We have stayed at AKL many times and have never had problems with transportation. I just wanted to add - you might want to consider renting DVC points from someone (look at the DVC boards here on DIS) and it can be cheaper for you.

We've stayed at both and loved them both! AKL was definitely a cooler theme and watching the animals from the balcony was incredible. And the pool was bigger and probably more fun!

That being said, we prefer staying at WL for the location. It is soooo much closer to the parks. And I like the counter service better at WL.

I am taking my daughter to Disney World the first week in June. We try and go once a year if possible. In 2011 we stayed at our first moderate resort (Port Orleans Riverside) and it was amazing. I booked one of the new Royal Guest Rooms and my mini LOVED it. This year we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort (August) then had a quick weekend trip to Blizzard Beach and stayed at All Star Music in September. While I LOVE the moderates, the values I can only do on a weekend trip because they are SO OVER CROWDED, I want to treat her this summer and stay at a deluxe. I know WL & ALK are the cheapest so I am starting there for this trip before we move on to the Poly, Contemporary, BW or GF maybe in the future. I have 5 months to save for our trip & I know the room will be at least $350 a night min. I want to try and stay for 6 nights as we usually stay for 4. I have read several reviews & forums & they both sound so nice but I am having a hard time choosing between them. Any advice, help, suggestions, tips, recommendations would be a HUGE help. Right now I am leaning towards ALK. Thanks in advance!!!

You should look for room discounts. I'm sure they aren't out for June yet but when they are you can always add a discount to your reservation.

I would choose AKL over WL. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and the food is decent and comforting but that's where the good part ended for my family .

The room had plumbing issues. I could smell sewage and the toilet was leaking . We were moved to another room and whenever we flushed the toilet the sink would gurgle. I spoke to management and they basically called us liars and refused to do anything about it. They were very nasty about it.

We emailed and called Disney during our stay, dealt with corporate, moved over to Beach Club and had no other issues.

I've stayed at AKV and they've always treated us well. Both pools on the villa and hotel side are amazing (and you'll need a nice pool in June!). The water area at Kidani is perfect for all ages. It's an amazing resort and feels like you're in another part of the world. After the chaos of the parks it's nice to get back to the calm of Jambo House/Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter