Animal Kingdom Lodge or Port Orleans French Quarter?

We are planning at least 1 day if not 2 days as resort days where we just relax by the pool and have drinks and such before going to dinner in the evening. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Having stayed at both you really are not comparing apples to apples. AK is a deluxe resorts and the accommodations will feel a bit different. The room at AK will at least provide you with a larger room, a balcony and nicer bathrooms. The resort will also give you 3 great options with Boma and Jiko and Sanaa is just a short walk or bus ride to kidani.

One plus for PO would be a little savings in money and PO is just a short boat ride to Disney springs, which does offer a number of dining options and late night entertainment.

No we haven’t made up our mind yet. I’m pretty indecisive about this and keep trying to weight the pros and cons. I know we will be happy with either resort. I tend to overthink things.

If you haven't done so already check out some youtube videos of each resort both the grounds and the room type you are looking to get. Maybe it might give you a better feel for which aspects you like better. Tim Tracker has some videos of the resort grounds and there are plenty of room videos if you just search.

looking at a Universal studios package for one of the days that is about $500 but gives us fast passes to every single ride throughout the park.
Universal is great with the express pass. Royal Pacific tends to be the least expensive option to get the express pass. Also check out buying tickets at undercover tourist and booking your room separately on the actual Loews website as this route might save you a little more vs getting a "package" on the universal site. Staying one night at say royal pacific (if arriving early) will get you the express pass access for 2 days (both check in and check out days).

One more vote for POFQ The PO resorts are our families favorite! We stayed at AKL last year, and to us it was disappointing. Food wise, Boma was good but we weren’t impressed at all with the food court. There wasn’t a lot of variety, and the food was just “ok”. The room may have been slightly bigger but not enough to really notice (we were in a standard room). The bus rides were long to everywhere but AK. The ride to Disney Springs especially seemed to take forever. We really missed not being able to take the boat to DS! AKL does have a slight edge when it comes to the pool area when compared to POFQ, but it’s a short walk/ride over to POR where they have a great feature pool. I would save the $500 and stay at POFQ, with no hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter