Animal Kingdom Lodge Lobby Scent?

EmilyTeresia

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a trip to the AKL and I'm wondering if anyone knows which scent is used for the lobby? It reminds me of a mellow sweet incense smell. I have been scouring the internet to figure it out and have found that apparently the resorts use a company called Enviroscent and the Beach Club uses the scent "Green Clover and Aloe." I enjoy the smell of the Beach Club but I like the AKL better.

I'm currently having a scent delivery system installed at the healthcare facility I direct. The company we are working with is ScentAir, who has said they handle many of the scents for WDW.

I'm currently having a scent delivery system installed at the healthcare facility I direct. The company we are working with is ScentAir, who has said they handle many of the scents for WDW.

I read on enviroscent's website that they work closely with a sister company that sells products for commercial use only and that enviroscent sells for individual or residential use. It did say that some commercial scents are not available for residential purchase. I ordered a bunch of samples to test and hopefully I will find one that comes close. That scent definitely helped make the experience at the hotel even more wonderful. The workers and guests at your facility will appreciate that extra environmental boost.

I am also trying to find something similar to the scent of AKL's lobby, and am having the most difficult time! I purchased this wax bar from Etsy, and it's sweet and yummy, but hardly reminds me of AKL's lobby: https://www.etsy.com/listing/227338064/animal-kingdom-lodge-scented-candle?ref=shop_home_active_13

Another challenge with nailing down AKL's lobby scent is the time of day you're there. If it's during normal business hours, you have the smells from Boma wafting up from downstairs, so there's a distinct smoked meat scent added to the mix. However, if you're there late at night/early morning (like I was for the Princess Half Marathon races), the scent was more sweet and clean with a hint of spice.

If any of you figure out the scent please post it! That scent was amazing. I could smell it everyday for sure. We loved AKL.

From the research I have done, it looks like Disney contracts through ScentAir for the scents, most are incorporated into the HVAC system, and the scents are considered proprietary to the resorts. It's considered like a branding tool. I think Disney is missing out here on not having these scents put into cans or plug-ins or candles and selling it. A lot of people would purchase these.

From the research I have done, it looks like Disney contracts through ScentAir for the scents, most are incorporated into the HVAC system, and the scents are considered proprietary to the resorts. It's considered like a branding tool. I think Disney is missing out here on not having these scents put into cans or plug-ins or candles and selling it. A lot of people would purchase these.

I would line up for that!

Our favorite Deluxe is WL; every time we stay there, and we get back from a day at the parks, I just take a deep breath and relax... I love that signature scent; it's become part of what I look forward to, and appreciate about our stays at WL.

The closest scent that I found to matching AKL's lobby is the citrus and sage candle from Yankee candle
I will check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

I would line up for that!

Our favorite Deluxe is WL; every time we stay there, and we get back from a day at the parks, I just take a deep breath and relax... I love that signature scent; it's become part of what I look forward to, and appreciate about our stays at WL.
I would line up for those scents too! Wish they would sell the signature scents in the gift shops.

Just got back from a trip to the AKL and I'm wondering if anyone knows which scent is used for the lobby? It reminds me of a mellow sweet incense smell. I have been scouring the internet to figure it out and have found that apparently the resorts use a company called Enviroscent and the Beach Club uses the scent "Green Clover and Aloe." I enjoy the smell of the Beach Club but I like the AKL better.
I asked a Mouskeeper because I love that smell. It's Ecolab Zephair Mountain Mist. I bought it on Amazon.

I go to AKL every trip whether I stay there or not. That smell is incredible. Have to walk into the lobby and breathe deeply and perhaps do a few twirls like Maria on the mountain. My ten year old pretends she does not know me.

Anyway, I suppose Disney does not want people to be able to purchase the scents because they want their properties to look and smell unique. Smell is the sense that is tied most to memory (or so I have read) and maybe Disney doesn't want people to associate that particular smell with hanging out in their own kitchens. It is a business philosophy that may be working, because I am certainly predisposed to spend money at AKL every time I travel to WDW.

Would love to find a duplicate scent. I may have to try some of the candles and scents I have read about in this thread.

I am staying in AKL right now and incidentally found out that Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Seduction is almost an exact dupe of the smell. I know this is an old thread but if anyone wants to smell like the lobby— its a relatively inexpensive dupe and it freaked me out when I walked in and smelled one of my favorite perfumes. I brought the roller with me and I have now compared them side by side. Near perfect match.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter