Animal kingdom lodge distance

Martin Holder

Earning My Ears
just wondering about the distance from AKL to the parks. We are being moved by Virgin from one property to this one and it's been some time since we were last here. I have a car but know it's all buses. Are we better off with buses or driving? Thanks in advance

I think if you have a specific reservation to get to, it would be worth while driving.

But by the time you add the Tram (and Ferry/Monorail at MK) travel time in, it might not be worth it on a regular journey.

Some people complain about the distance, and regularity. I am staying there in January for the first time, so I'll find out.

This site is great compare travel times between buses, cars, boats etc http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.WcThxfkrKUl

We stayed there in 2014. To get to MK it was 15-20 minutes. To get to HS and Epcot it was 10-15 minutes. Obviously, it was super quick to get to AK (maybe 5 minutes).
I felt the buses ran quite regularly. We did not have a car, and transportation was never an issue. Best of luck!

And another thing to think about is other places to eat out.

Many places to eat All within 15 min drive from A.K to Hwy 192 & heading towards Hwy 27

We stayed there last year and loved it. We have a car, and it didn't take long to drive to any of the parks at all. I agree it can sometimes be easier to take the bus to MK as you can bypass the TTC, but having a car is invaluable for dining at other resorts, which we enjoy doing.

We stayed there last year, I was really pleased with the buses, previously read a lot of complaints about them. All the other deluxe resorts share buses with another resort which increases travel time, AKL buses were speedy!

just wondering about the distance from AKL to the parks. We are being moved by Virgin from one property to this one and it's been some time since we were last here. I have a car but know it's all buses. Are we better off with buses or driving? Thanks in advance
Hi, we always stay at kidani, by bus it's about 25/30 mins to mk and 15/20 to hs and epcot. Ak is about 10. We never drive. We don't find the travel time a problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter