Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) Direct Sales Incentive

I guess we will see how the discount helps out in May for AKV sales, must not be to good right now though. Might have been tempted to add 25 points if the discount were better for them, especially since I could probably get a 50 point resale contract for the price of 25 direct.

If Disney really wanted to pull in more money on Direct Sales right now, they would temporarily drop the initial buy in for Blue Card Benefits back down to 25 points. I bet they would get a lot of Resale Members to add on for that deal. At least I would. :)

My guide just phoned offering me more AKV points. I was really surprised when he said $165/pt at 200 points. Can't help but wonder what other resorts are in line for discounts.

My guide called me just now as well. Said they are doing a "flash sale." But I already own at AKL and she acknowledged this before I could tell her.

I told her that I was holding off on any more points until the new tower and Disney Land opens, and she was happy to "put me on the list" to call when that becomes available.

I really should have taken the oppurtunity to tell her that I would not consider buying unless annual passes returned for DVC members.

My guide just phoned offering me more AKV points. I was really surprised when he said $165/pt at 200 points. Can't help but wonder what other resorts are in line for discounts.
I'm happy to see them offer discounts but I had to chuckle when I read what your guide said. It's like saying " I have a deal for you if you can drop $33,000."

I'm happy to see them offer discounts but I had to chuckle when I read what your guide said. It's like saying " I have a deal for you if you can drop $33,000."

Its still an additional 13k at 200 points vs the $100/pt that resale is going for. I guess the only value is being able to book Riviera but sheesh..close the gap a little more!

If Disney really wanted to pull in more money on Direct Sales right now, they would temporarily drop the initial buy in for Blue Card Benefits back down to 25 points. I bet they would get a lot of Resale Members to add on for that deal. At least I would. :)
I would too !

Do I get the 200 points here at AKV at a cheaper cost than it would at VDH? I would be fine having to spend more points for a preferred room. I understand that I won't have priority at VDH. While I did not expect to purchase 200 points at VDH, I already had a plan to rent out some of my resale points to cover any contract cost.
Also I only have Saratoga Springs so I am curious at to seeing if paying AKV annual dues would be even beneficial vs the possible high dues at VDH.

Its still an additional 13k at 200 points vs the $100/pt that resale is going for. I guess the only value is being able to book Riviera but sheesh..close the gap a little more!
Yeahhh the number of points needed to hit the 165 is too high. It's not a bad deal, but it's not an amazing deal either IMO when you can save 50-60/pp on the resale market and save yourself 10-12 grand. If I really want the direct points to be able to book RIV and VDH, I'd rather just buy the points at RIV or VDH. AKV has 33 years left, RIV has 46 years and VDH will have 50, that's nearly a 50% longer lifespan vs. AKV, 50% more still puts this AKV price per point at nearly 240-250 if it were the same contract length as VDH/RIV.

Last edited:
Yeahhh the number of points needed to hit the 165 is too high. It's not a bad deal, but it's not an amazing deal either IMO when you can save 50-60/pp on the resale market and save yourself 10-12 grand. If I really want the direct points to be able to book RIV and VDH, I'd rather just buy the points at RIV or VDH. AKV has 33 years left, RIV has 46 years and VDH will have 50, that's nearly a 50% longer lifespan vs. AKV, 50% more still puts this AKV price per point at nearly 240-250 if it were the same contract length as VDH/RIV.

For someone who wants to own direct for the ability to use at resorts and really wants AKV, it is a pretty nice deal…of course it’s more than resale right now, but a year ago, AKV resale was in the $130s.

You still end up with your resort of choice, unrestricted points, and eligibility for membership extras, whatever they may be. If you have a family of 4 and the Sorcerer pass, or any ticket discount comes along, you could eat away at that extra pretty quickly.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...icing-new-incentive-for-animal-kingdom-points

Looks like Disney is trying to offload the points they collected last year...

Incentives can get you to $165/pt direct when buying 200 or more points

This is very strong evidence that demand is extremely low right now. These are the best direct prices seen at any WDW DVC for at least 3-4 years.

Some speculation: You will see even larger incentives at GFV and RIV in the next cycle..

Re-sale prices will continue to fall.

DVC has been over-built and over-priced. They kept adding more units at the same time as raising the prices. With higher interest rates making it harder to finance, and inflation eating into disposable income, we see demand no longer able to keep up with the supply and pricing.

I highly doubt they'll do that again (I would jump on it as well to have my second UY be membership extra-eligible) because people will just get the 25 and jump back to buying resale especially with these super low prices.

Some speculation: You will see even larger incentives at GFV and RIV in the next cycle..
Larger than the AKV incentives, or larger than the current GFV/RIV incentives?

If the latter, I'd agree with you, but I think the former is very unlikely. Instead, I think AKV will serve as the fallback position for a prospect who balks at the price of one of the "main" sales targets. "Well, I can get you this resort for less money, if that might work..."

Larger than the AKV incentives, or larger than the current GFV/RIV incentives?

If the latter, I'd agree with you, but I think the former is very unlikely. Instead, I think AKV will serve as the fallback position for a prospect who balks at the price of one of the "main" sales targets. "Well, I can get you this resort for less money, if that might work..."

I was saying the latter.... The former isn't impossible. Really depends on what kind of backlog of points they are looking to offload, in what time frame. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if RIV and GFV are reduced to being slightly cheaper than AKV.... But I am fairly confident that incentives will be higher than they are now.

With 2 new properties going on sale within the next 18-24 months, this isn't a good time for Disney to be dealing with stalled demand.

Yeah, I can see incentives on all of them increasing a bit, especially after the initial VDH pent-up-demand rush passes.

This is speculation for me, but if they were to raise the price to $227 and then give $35 or more off per point they could be sitting where incentives are now, it just looks like a better deal

I just think the incentives for VDH when first available won't be as good as people say it is, remember this is Disney and listening to their base as not always been their strength.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter