Animal Kingdom EMH Plans Realistic? - New Years Week

rad91

Mouseketeer
On Dec 30, Monday, we are going to rope drop EMH at DAK, then head over to DHS in the early afternoon using club level fast passes. Since it's EMH, I assumed that the wait for the rides wouldn't be too bad, so I made the plans below. But when I evaluated this plan in TouringPlans, it says that the wait for Safari and Everest were over 90 minutes each. Does anyone agree that the waits will be that long at around 9am (official opening)? If that's so, I was thinking that maybe I move the Tower of Terror fastpass to FoP to lessen the wait. We will do ToT later in the week anyhow.

Animal Kingdom
  • 6:45am - Arrive (rope drop 7am, open 9am)
  • 8:00am - Avatar Flight of Passage (standby)
  • 8:30am - Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris (standby)
  • 9:00am - Expedition (standby)
  • 10:00am - It's Tough To Be a Bug (standby)
  • 11:00am - Eat at Satu'll Canteen
  • 12:00pm - Festival of the Lion King (standby)
  • 12:45pm - Bus to Boardwalk Inn or Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios
  • 2:00pm - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (standby)
  • 3:00pm - Star Wars Character Experinece (disney visa)
  • 3:50pm - Tower of Terror (3pm fastpass)
  • 4:30pm - Rock 'n Roll Coaster Starring Aerosmith (4pm fastpass)
  • 5:00pm - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (5pm fastpass)
  • 5:50pm - ABC Commissary (reserved)
  • 6:50pm - Toy Story Mania (6pm fastpass)
  • 7:30pm - Slinky Dog Dash (7pm fastpass)
  • 8:00pm - Star Tours (8pm fastpass)
  • 8:30pm - Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party (reserved)
  • 10:00pm - Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
Any advise?

I imagine those waits are in the ballpark. If you are a touring plans subscriber, and it sounds like you are, you can go look at what last years waits were.

BUT

If you get there at 6:45 for an 8:00 EMH, there’s a good chance you’ll be off FOP before 8 AM. Touring Plans software has no way to deal with that. It might behoove you to trick the soft ware by taking FOP out of the digital version of your Touring Plan entirely to get a more realistic picture of when you’ll get to KS (8:10?) and then what the waits will be when you get there.

Also, it’s possible Disney will still move the whole day back an hour. If they do that, the Safari probably still won’t open until 8:30 so you’d want to do EE between FOP and KS.

• 8:30am - Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris (standby)
  • 9:00am - Expedition (standby)
PS the safari is nearly 30 minutes of boarding riding and unloading, so even if you’re walking on at 8:30 there’s no way you make it to EE by 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter