Animal Kingdom and handicapped individuals.

jeaneyler

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I would like to know if the trails at Animal Kingdom are accessible to people using mobility scooters?

Yes, the trails are accessible, there are a couple places where there are stairs, but there are ramps to go around them.

Just one thing to note, due to the nature of the park, the ground is very bumpy throughout the park and makes for a rougher ride than at most parks and makes manual chairs more difficult than other parks.

The only place I can think of that is really not accessible ( like my an alternative entrance) is Tom Sawyer Island
Yes and that should really be fixed, after all Disneyland was able to do so with much less space available. Yes, there are still some places not accessible on the island, but they did a pretty good job when doing the pirate overlay of adding accessible paths.

Hello all. I would like to know if the trails at Animal Kingdom are accessible to people using mobility scooters?

I love AK and was somewhat concerned about it when I first began using an ECV. What I was most concerned about was being able to see with what I expected would be all the people standing in front of me. No problem. My only problem with bumpiness was on the wooden walkway between Pandora and Africa.

I love traveling through the Animal Kingdom parks different paths and walkways. I like to seek those paths out to explore. But boy, those bumpy walkways! Most of the walkways are okay, but sometimes I really feel those bumps and I try to roll around them. That won't stop me though.

Well, it stops me at Pop Century Resort near the buildings 1, 2 & 3 with those cobblestone pavements around the pool. I just refuse to stay in that area. All the other areas are concrete. Except I think the bridge walkway across to the Arts of Animation Resort.

When I first rented my first mobility scooter instead of just renting at the park, I felt so much freedom to go anywhere and everywhere.

So go forth and explore and enjoy and smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter