Animal Kingdom 2 Bedroom Value ?

ramftbl

Mouseketeer
Hello All !! Does anyone have any experience with the "Value" version of the 2 Bedroom Villas at Animal Kingdom ? I'm a little leary because the difference in points between this at the the Savannah view is huge !! What should I be wary of ? Thanks to all who respond !!!

The value rooms are about 3 feet shorter, and the difference is by the outside wall. Kitchen units same, but when you are in the master bedroom, for instance, it's not easy to close the door and be next to the bed...I think that's where I had to do gymnastics to get the door closed/opened.

The value rooms could face the sunset savannah, the pool/roof, or the parking lot. The savannah rooms face one of the savannahs. It is a guaranteed view, when you have a savannah villa, barring special circumstances.

There are only 2 bathrooms in all of the two bedrooms at Jambo, but the other, not value type 2 bedrooms sleep 9 because there is a sleeper chair for that 9th person. All of the value 2 bedrooms sleep 8, there is 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, and then 2 sofa beds, one in the studio part (double?) and one in the living room (I don't know, in other DVC resorts that one is a queen sized sofa bed.)

I've stayed in value studios with 1 other person, and I've stayed in a value 1 bedroom with a total of 3 adults, so for my comfort, I would think 5-6 adults would do fine in a value 2 bedroom, but I wouldn't go higher (adults) than that.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. In my value experiences, I have had sunset savannah, and the pool/roof view. Both were fine for me, yes, the difference in points was worth it for me, especially since most of my value stays have included a weekend.

Bobbi,

Thank you so much for posting this!:goodvibes

We are going down in June and we have a value studio for our arrival night and then a value 1BR for the next 4 nights. I have been worried that we would feel cramped, but your words have reassured me. It will just be our family...Me, DH and our 2 DD's (ages 3 and 2-weeks-shy-of-6!). I did a SV studio with my girls and a friend of mine last October and we had plenty of room. I thought that studio was perfect. I would rather be in the 1BR so that is why we opted for the value size for this June. We were only going to go Su-We night and that would leave us with 20 points to bank. But, then I found airfare for $200 for 4 people if we arrived on Saturday. I scrambled and was able to add on the valus studio (19 points!) for that Satruday night!:banana: I am pretty sure we will be cramped in the studio, but we're only in it for one night and I don't plan on unpacking.

Have a great stay, kristenrice! Yes, for 19 points on a Saturday nights, that room is a bargain! Hey, you'll be getting all new towels and such the next night, I agree, you'll be fine for the night.

Also, about AKV, it's the only one that provides hand lotion in the bathrooms, and it's very nice. I love my AKV stays!!!

I think that's where I had to do gymnastics to get the door closed/opened.
Okay...that really made me laugh! Thanks for the smile after a rough few days! :goodvibes

On another note, do you have pictures? We're staying in a 1-BR value over spring break, and I can't wait. I'd love to see room photos if you have any.

Thanks, Bobbi!
Bridgett

Okay...that really made me laugh! Thanks for the smile after a rough few days! :goodvibes

On another note, do you have pictures? We're staying in a 1-BR value over spring break, and I can't wait. I'd love to see room photos if you have any.

Thanks, Bobbi!
Bridgett

Sadly, I didn't take pictures.
If your spring break is when UC's spring break is...begins March 21st...we will be in WDW together, and we don't have long to go!!!:banana:

Thanks, Bobbi!
Bridgett

Hey, Bridgett, since Bobbi failed us :-)rotfl: ), could you bring back some pictures of your value 1BR? You are going before we are and I would also like to get an idea of the amount of space we are dealing with.

We stayed 2 nights at Pop Century last January and that felt cramped. I think those rooms are still about 80 sq ft smaller than the value studios, correct? I just remember opening the entry door and having it almost hit the bed that DH was still sleeping in:headache: . I'm sure that we will have plenty of room for the four of us in the 1BR....but I would still REALLY like to see pictures.

Are there any pictures posted anywhere of any of the value size rooms? I have not been able to find some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter