And This is Why They Added DOORS to the TRAM! - Nov. 12 TR*END THOUGHTS 11/17 Pg. 27*

What a strange morning you had!!!! Sorry to hear that Donald was being difficult, hopefully he got his act together soon and you were able to get FP's more easily!!

You crack me up! :rotfl2:
I'm glad I don't rent a car when I go, I would end up telling the counter employee that if they asked if I wanted one more thing I would walk away and rent from another company. :headache: Sales calls get two no's then I hang up.
Unleaded coffee to start your day?! Yeah that would be rough :faint:
DM and I had APs that wouldn't work in the FP machines. :sad2: So frustrating!

Wow, that was an interesting start to your Epcot day. :rotfl:

I can't believe that guy would call anyone out like that and claim "DUI" in a crowd of people. Talk about throwing out accusations....

I would've been so creeped out by that woman grabbing my shoulder. Just because you're in a theme park with a million other tourists doesn't mean you can hang on to complete strangers. Yikes. :eek:

Those guests waiting for FPs will trample you if your tickets don't work immediately! ::yes:: It can be a scary endeavor. Glad you got your passes and moved on to a pretty relaxing ride.

I want more :cool1: Tell me what happened next:goodvibes

Yeah - me too! Seriously. More!

DUI? :rotfl2: Are you kidding? Who says stuff like that? Apparently crotchety old men. I am glad you got the AP all straightened out. Woo hoo :cool1: for a July trip!

You drank decaf and survived? I would have had to ask for a third cup to mix them. You are far too kind. :coffee:

How completely creepy is weird Packer Fan lady?! Stranger Danger indeed!

I'm glad to hear that Captain Oblivious CM is still working the FP machines at Soarin' on Thanksgiving! Good for him! He was there last year as well, however my DD who had run for the FPs succumbed to the angry mob, and left the line without getting me a FP. Yes, my pass did not work. Color me shocked.

You may also be interested to know that his cousin Just Ignorinya was doing a bang up job at the BTMRR FP machines on Turkey day as well.

And thanks for the heads up on old crotchety man. Our state also issues licenses for up to 10 years before you have to renew. I'll have to be sure to take good care of mine lest I be accused of having a DUI.

I almost spit out my soup when I read the title. I am clearly loving the theme. :goodvibes Now I have to know-- how do you feel about Love Actually? 'Cause I have to watch it while I wrap Christmas presents, and I have to cry at the end. Just needing to see if we should investigate whether or not we were separated at birth.

What strange encounters you had that morning! I tend to get a lot of attention when I wear Cubs stuff in the parks. It always surprises me because I kind of forget that I'm wearing it since it's not really novel to me. People rarely physically assault me because of it though.

Yay Nemo!

More please.

What a weird morning! :rotfl2: There's just way too much to comment on, except...you prefer Dunkin' over Starbucks? I mean, I like some Dunkin' coffee, but their drinks, like lattes and all that basically suck. :rotfl: I'd give anything for a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks right now...:crazy2:

file-19.jpg

This picture stood out to me. I was last there on Fourth of July, and that place was hoppin' with music and movement! :cool1: The whole lawn was full of people having much fun. :jumping1:

First off aajkytxkalwyqxpthvklghhhh!!!!!!
Empire Records is my favourite movie in the world!!!!!
'We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day'
Although I used to like Max Caulfield after I saw Grease 2 but he is such a creep as Rex haha kind of ruins it.

I must say that your cat is amazing!

Ah the rental car desk, where the answer to all questions is always NO!!

Gotta creepy stranger encounters, really not a trip to WDW without them:lmao:

Basically what I got from this update was this: yall had a WEIRD morning! :lmao:

You have no idea. :rotfl2:

I want more :cool1: Tell me what happened next:goodvibes

Okay okay! I promise an update this weekend.

What a strange morning you had!!!! Sorry to hear that Donald was being difficult, hopefully he got his act together soon and you were able to get FP's more easily!!

It was a very weird morning. I was very sad that Donald didn't want to cooperate anymore. I was depressed at the thought of having to get another AP.

You crack me up! :rotfl2:
I'm glad I don't rent a car when I go, I would end up telling the counter employee that if they asked if I wanted one more thing I would walk away and rent from another company. :headache: Sales calls get two no's then I hang up.
Unleaded coffee to start your day?! Yeah that would be rough :faint:
DM and I had APs that wouldn't work in the FP machines. :sad2: So frustrating!

Hahaha, glad that you find me humorous.

I just hold my ground with it. It really doesn't bother me all the offerings, I just find it humorous that they continue to ask questions. Haha.

Caffeine actually doesn't do anything for me. I am one of those lucky or unlucky people that can drink coffee and go straight to sleep.

Wow, that was an interesting start to your Epcot day. :rotfl:

I can't believe that guy would call anyone out like that and claim "DUI" in a crowd of people. Talk about throwing out accusations....

I would've been so creeped out by that woman grabbing my shoulder. Just because you're in a theme park with a million other tourists doesn't mean you can hang on to complete strangers. Yikes. :eek:

Those guests waiting for FPs will trample you if your tickets don't work immediately! ::yes:: It can be a scary endeavor. Glad you got your passes and moved on to a pretty relaxing ride.

That's a good way to put it. Haha. It was definitely interesting.

The DUI thing was so interesting and strange! I was so surprised like "did he really just say that.....really?!"

Normally, I am really good at combatting the crazy fastpass crowds. But they were breathing down my neck this time. I didn't know how much longer I could take it. :lmao:

Yeah - me too! Seriously. More!

DUI? :rotfl2: Are you kidding? Who says stuff like that? Apparently crotchety old me. I am glad you got the AP all straightened out. Woo hoo :cool1: for a July trip!

You drank decaf and survived? I would have had to ask for a third cup to mix them. You are far too kind. :coffee:

Hahaha, I will try to accommodate this weekend. I promise!

I am not kidding you. :lmao: It was pretty hilarious.

I did drink decaf and survive. Caffeine actually does nothing for me at all. I'm one of those weird people. I could down espresso and then....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

How completely creepy is weird Packer Fan lady?! Stranger Danger indeed!

I'm glad to hear that Captain Oblivious CM is still working the FP machines at Soarin' on Thanksgiving! Good for him! He was there last year as well, however my DD who had run for the FPs succumbed to the angry mob, and left the line without getting me a FP. Yes, my pass did not work. Color me shocked.

You may also be interested to know that his cousin Just Ignorinya was doing a bang up job at the BTMRR FP machines on Turkey day as well.

And thanks for the heads up on old crotchety man. Our state also issues licenses for up to 10 years before you have to renew. I'll have to be sure to take good care of mine lest I be accused of having a DUI.

On top of that lady grabbing my shoulder, she was kind of crazy looking too. I didn't want to judge prematurely, but she was crazy. That was my opinion. :rotfl:

Captain Oblivious CM is always around, isn't he? I just don't understand. Maybe because I am not oblivious at all ever. So I don't get when people don't notice things.

Hahahaha. My license is getting up there in age too, so I need to make sure I take really good care of it so I don't get accused of getting a DUI.

I almost spit out my soup when I read the title. I am clearly loving the theme. :goodvibes Now I have to know-- how do you feel about Love Actually? 'Cause I have to watch it while I wrap Christmas presents, and I have to cry at the end. Just needing to see if we should investigate whether or not we were separated at birth.

What strange encounters you had that morning! I tend to get a lot of attention when I wear Cubs stuff in the parks. It always surprises me because I kind of forget that I'm wearing it since it's not really novel to me. People rarely physically assault me because of it though.

Yay Nemo!

More please.

Hahahaha, I knew my friend that you would love my titles. They will continue, so make sure you stay tuned.

I have seen Love Actually, but only a few times. I must watch it again. I did like it very much though. But I'm also in love with Colin Firth so.........

I always get TONS of attention when I wear Packer gear. It's so strange to me. You're right, it seems like such a novelty to some people. And then to stop someone. Just weird. Haha. A thumbs up would have been fine!

What a weird morning! :rotfl2: There's just way too much to comment on, except...you prefer Dunkin' over Starbucks? I mean, I like some Dunkin' coffee, but their drinks, like lattes and all that basically suck. :rotfl: I'd give anything for a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks right now...:crazy2:

Hahaha. I know, I chocked that update full of text, didn't I!

Okay.....let me explain. For straight up coffee, I am a Dunkin' Donuts girl. Because that's my preference, just regular old coffee. When it comes to foo foo drinks, then yes Starbucks wins. But from Dunkin', I just like plain old hot coffee with cream and sugar. ;)

This picture stood out to me. I was last there on Fourth of July, and that place was hoppin' with music and movement! :cool1: The whole lawn was full of people having much fun. :jumping1:

That must have been a blast! We're going over the fourth of July next year, so that should be a lot of fun!

First off aajkytxkalwyqxpthvklghhhh!!!!!!
Empire Records is my favourite movie in the world!!!!!
'We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day'
Although I used to like Max Caulfield after I saw Grease 2 but he is such a creep as Rex haha kind of ruins it.

I must say that your cat is amazing!

Ah the rental car desk, where the answer to all questions is always NO!!

Gotta creepy stranger encounters, really not a trip to WDW without them:lmao:

Woo hoo! Another Empire Records fan. I'm not gonna lie, that movie was my life when I was a teenager. So amazing amazing amazing. And, I just happened to be walking around today saying......"Not on Rex Manning day!" Hahaha.

Tigger is pretty amazing. And crabby at times. LOL.

I have a stranger encounter every time I go to WDW. You're absolutely right, it wouldn't be the same without them.

"No, We Mustn't Dwell, No, No, Not Today, We Can't... Not On Rex Manning Day!"
Mark - Empire Records

Day 1 - Thursday November 22, 2012

Well, I can't honestly say that it was Rex Manning day on this day, but it sure as heck was Via Napoli pizza day! Woo hoo! We're getting there. Let's just go with it.

We had just ended our ride at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. We didn't do anything more exciting like Mission: Space, because Jeni gets some motion sickness and didn't have the opportunity to take any Dramamine. So what were we going to do in the meantime?

Why see some jellies!

file-29.jpg

We decided that we would do Turtle Talk with Crush. I explained to Jeni what it was without revealing too much to her.

She loved it! Now, we say dude all the time, so of course we absolutely appreciate this show. But the funniest part?

file-31.jpg

Hahaha. So I'm sure that you've seen it before and the kids shout out what it is. Well, some kids were saying it was a bikini top. So Crush asked "what is a bikini top like?" The kids are shouting "a brrrraaaa!!!!" Crush goes, "oh, you mean like a good friend of yours? What's up bra?"

:rotfl2: Jeni and I could not stop laughing about that one. It's so true. So so true.

Jeni said it was one of her favorite things for the day. It was a good day so far obviously, and it had just started!

Susan (jecskc here on the DIS) and I had been texting a little that morning because we were both going to be in Epcot that day. I knew they had their breakfast at Akershus that morning and we had our early lunch at Via Napoli, so we were hoping to fit a meet in between there at some point.

Since I hadn't heard from Susan yet that they had finished their breakfast, we headed in Imagination.

file-32.jpg

When we got in line, I had to relive with Jeni a story about what happened with Joaquin on this ride. Just for those of you who didn't follow my TR from last July, when we got on this ride, we hopped on with Joaquin, my then 3 year old nephew, and my brother Jason. Jason goes to put his arm on the back of the car, and unceremoniously hits Joaquin in the face with his elbow (no, Joaquin was not harmed). To which Joaquin says to Jason "OOOHHH! YOU JACKED ME RIGHT IN THE FACE!"

The entire loading area cracked up, because that's not something you hear from a 3 year old very often. Jeni laughed about it, because it's something she's very used to with him. Hahaha. Sorry, I just love that story!

Follow the bouncing Figment!

file-33.jpg

Figment butt. Hahaha.

file-37.jpg

While in the gift shop, I had to take a photo reminder of what I was going to buy my Mom on this trip. She's a massive Figment fan. And who doesn't love nerds?!

file-39.jpg

While we were on the ride, I got a text from Susan that they had just finished up their breakfast at Akershus. I told her where we were and decided to meet in front of the Land, because they were heading there to use their Soarin' fastpasses.

Sure enough, just as we got there, they were waiting. I told her to make sure she wasn't running over any innocent bystanders with her scooter.

Of course we had to take a picture. Jeni took ours from the side with my phone, so they're not straight on. But you get the gist.

file-40.jpg

Oh, and yes, I was wearing a "Green and Gold Swag" shirt. Yes, that is in reference to the fact that I'm a huge Packer fan. ;)

Susan loves the fact that I make absolutely ridiculous faces all the time in my pictures on my TR's, so we had to take a silly face photo.

file-41.jpg

Here are Susan's pictures of our meet, taken by her son. From the front, so they're way better. Haha.

file-2066.jpg

file-975.jpg

It was so nice to meet them! Susan and her family were so nice, and I'm glad that we were able to meet, even if it was only for a few minutes.

So, I had explained to Jeni the whole thing about our online community of friends, and the DISmeets that we would possibly be having on this trip. She told me that she absolutely loved the fact that we had a community of people that all adored Disney and she thought it was so cool to be able to meet people. She told me after the fact that she absolutely loved those parts of our trip. She got it. You guys know full well there are a lot of people out there that don't understand us. It's always so nice to find someone who does.

We decided to start heading over to our lunch reservation, because it was already coming up on that time. I also wanted to be able to wander through World Showcase a little slowly on our way to Italy, so Jeni could take it all in.

Everyone's favorite fountain.

file-44.jpg

The Epcot tree.

file-46.jpg

We made it to our final destination by 11:25am. They were getting ready for the first seating of the day, since the restaurant opens at 11:30am.

file-47.jpg

I was soooo excited, you have no idea! There were a lot of people there for the first seating. However, that's not really surprising considering it was a holiday weekend.

As always, in Disney, remember to look up!

file-49.jpg

Jeni was very excited for her first Disney meal of the trip.

file-50.jpg

Via Napoli menu for those who are not familiar.

file-52.jpg

We decided to order a pizza to share and to order an appetizer as well.

For our appetizer, we got the arancini.

file-54.jpg

Oh......em.......gee......this was amazing! Like, I wanted to just keep eating it and eating it. What are they you ask?

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu $11.00

I highly recommend these. To put things into perspective, Jeni is not a very brave eater. She tends to be a bit on the picky side, but she told me on this trip she was going to try to do some new things. This counts as one of them. She loved them. They are so heavenly. Just beware everyone, they are super hot. You might burn your tongue when you eat them. I'm not going to say that's what happened to me.......:rolleyes:

And of course, the coup de grace....

file-55.jpg

Margherita - tomato, mozzarella, basil

Margherita pizza. In a word? Heavenly. It is seriously some of the best pizza I've had. Let's remember, I am from Chicagoland. We know a thing or two about pizza, but this stuff was amazing. The tomato sauce had a sweetness to it that to me made the whole thing. Jeni agreed, she absolutely adored it too. Our overall rating for this meal? It definitely got five stars from us. We both agreed that this restaurant would be on our list for July.

Some of the beautiful architecture in Italy.

file-56.jpg

Up next: Soarin'!

I MADE IT!!! I seriously have no idea how I missed it in the TR board, wow, go Katt! *derp*

What's with today today?! Ahh, my old manager used to say that all the time, good times!

Looks like a pretty good first day, you guys certainly got in late, but totally worth it to have that nice early morning the next day, and not have to take off more work time. Boardwalk's so pretty!! I do want to stay there someday, goal: stay at all of the disney resorts at least once!

Epcot is so pretty! Love love love it! Via Napoli is definitely on my list of restaurants to try! I was going to do it on my November trip, but lucked out with Le Cellier instead, bahah!

Can't wait to read more!

katt789 said:
I MADE IT!!! I seriously have no idea how I missed it in the TR board, wow, go Katt! *derp*

What's with today today?! Ahh, my old manager used to say that all the time, good times!

Looks like a pretty good first day, you guys certainly got in late, but totally worth it to have that nice early morning the next day, and not have to take off more work time. Boardwalk's so pretty!! I do want to stay there someday, goal: stay at all of the disney resorts at least once!

Epcot is so pretty! Love love love it! Via Napoli is definitely on my list of restaurants to try! I was going to do it on my November trip, but lucked out with Le Cellier instead, bahah!

Can't wait to read more!

Would love to meet. We are planning our next trip in June. I will live another trip thru you keep up the trip reports, just love them
Djjsperry

Yay for our dismeet !! I love the photos Jeni got. She was just kind of standing there trying to take it all in. I felt kinda bad that we were doing all of the talking, but I am happy she got some great photos !! It was soooo wonderful to meet you !!

Hahahahaha on what Joaquin said !! OMG, that kid cracks me up.

I love that nerd figment vinyl !!! That is now on my must have list !! So cute !!

That pizza you had at Via Napoli does looks really good. we need to give that place another chance, I think.

Fun dismeet. :goodvibes

I'm glad Jeni understands! She's one of us now. ::yes::

Glad you had a great lunch! Yum yum yum.

Girl, that's okay. I seriously miss things all the time on the DIS if I don't make it on regularly.

I seriously used to live my entire life quoting Empire Records. :lmao:

Can't wait to read more!

It absolutely was worth getting in late the night before. I love doing it that way. It gives me a full on first day at the parks, even though I don't get much sleep. I'd much rather have it that way.

Staying at all the resorts is my goal too! I'm only short a few at this point.

Definitely go to Via Napoli. It's so worth the visit.

Would love to meet. We are planning our next trip in June. I will live another trip thru you keep up the trip reports, just love them
Djjsperry

Thanks. Yay for you having a new trip planned in June! We have one planned for July.

Yay for our dismeet !! I love the photos Jeni got. She was just kind of standing there trying to take it all in. I felt kinda bad that we were doing all of the talking, but I am happy she got some great photos !! It was soooo wonderful to meet you !!

Hahahahaha on what Joaquin said !! OMG, that kid cracks me up.

I love that nerd figment vinyl !!! That is now on my must have list !! So cute !!

That pizza you had at Via Napoli does looks really good. we need to give that place another chance, I think.

Hahaha, so our travel partners got better angles of the other person.

Yeah, she was a little quiet at first, but that's her nature too. I think you're right, she was just taking absolutely everything in.

Joaquin is such a trip, I know. He's going to be a fountain of funny things in July I think. He's the sole reason to follow along on that TR, not me. :lmao:

Definitely give Via Napoli another chance and most definitely get the pizza. It's so amazing.

Fun dismeet. :goodvibes

I'm glad Jeni understands! She's one of us now. ::yes::

Glad you had a great lunch! Yum yum yum.

It was a lot of fun. I love them! I just want to meet all of you! :lmao:

She's definitely come over to the light side. Dark side would imply evil, but we all know Disney isn't evil.

joining in. Love the Figment Vinylmation. I need him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter