And (they're) Comin' to Your City (Or Kingdom) . . .

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
Wish we were going to be there just a wee bit sooner! Would love to see this show from MK and head to ESPN for the game later! Love my Game Day!:love::banana:

Gotta' love the multifaceted advertising by the marketing folk at ABC/ESPN/Disney--timing this just before SWGE opens--wanna' bet the Game Day guys will be giving a preview during the show?

Hi Coach! It would be fun to watch live without worrying that my team is going to lose a big game :D

Now that song is stuck in my head!

Huge fan of Game Day, bummed we will miss it by a week but will be watching from home.

I wonder if that will break the streak for the WSU flag since you cant have them inside of Magic Kingdom?

I wonder if that will break the streak for the WSU flag since you cant have them inside of Magic Kingdom?

I wondered if maybe ESPN would arrange to get ahold of the WSU flag so they could hang it somewhere on set for the show, just to keep the streak alive.

As an avid Disney and college football fan, I'm excited for the collaboration, but I have to admit I've been a bit exasperated by some of the reaction on social media. Specifically, the thought that folks are being charged over $100 to watch Gameday. Sure, that's what it will cost to get in and see the show, but that's just the price of admission to the park, whether they watch the show or not.

Specifically, the thought that folks are being charged over $100 to watch Gameday. Sure, that's what it will cost to get in and see the show, but that's just the price of admission to the park, whether they watch the show or not.

I half-way read the part of the press release that says “guests may catch a glimpse of the live broadcast...” as they won’t really be letting people just hang out in the background like a normal GameDay setup. And that’s not exactly the best spot to have a massive group of people just hanging out/blocking people heading down Main Street.

But very curious to see how exactly they set this up.

DW is predicting it’ll be “boring” on TV without the signs and such. And she also said the same as you about the WSU flag - that they’ll find a way. :-)

I'll definitely be watching. I'm guessing they can get away with it being a different set up, as that week isn't the true start of the NCAAF schedule.

I'll definitely be watching. I'm guessing they can get away with it being a different set up, as that week isn't the true start of the NCAAF schedule.
Um, yes it is the true start of the NCAAF schedule. Thats why the game is called the
Camping World kickoff. The game was originally scheduled for 8/31 and was specifically moved to 8/24 for the ratings advantage of being the only primetime game to start college football's 150th season. They aren't getting away with anything having game day at MK, they're simply utilizing a prominent space since neither Miami/Florida have their main campus in Orlando.

I'm looking forward to attending and seeing the crew a top the train station and attending the game later that evening.

Um, yes it is the true start of the NCAAF schedule. Thats why the game is called the
Camping World kickoff. The game was originally scheduled for 8/31 and was specifically moved to 8/24 for the ratings advantage of being the only primetime game to start college football's 150th season. They aren't getting away with anything having game day at MK, they're simply utilizing a prominent space since neither Miami/Florida have their main campus in Orlando.

I'm looking forward to attending and seeing the crew a top the train station and attending the game later that evening.

Um ok. It's being referred to as "week zero."

they're simply utilizing a prominent space since neither Miami/Florida have their main campus in Orlando.
And providing a 3 hour "infomercial" for Magic Kingdom, SWGE and the rest of the Walt Disney World Resort. :)

Not surprised at all that they lifted the sign restriction.

Should be a really fun and unique GameDay with quite possibly the best Backdrop in the history of the show!!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!