And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about the squeaky wheel....they get $100???? So I wrote a letter about my disappointments with our last trip at WL, having to check in twice, repeated problems with KTTW, etc. I really wasn't looking for money back, just to make guest services aware of the issues. I was pleasant,y surprised to hear that I was being issued a $100 credit to my visa for our inconveniences, I was also offered fast passes for our next trip but since we use a GAC for DS I kindly declined them. Sometimes it is just nice to know you were heard :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

pas130 said:
Very sorry for the loss of your Aunt* big hugs

Congrats to your son!!!

Mousemommy1 said:
basketlacey - so sorry to hear about your aunt.:sad1:

jennyjinx3 said:
Just a quick pop in, just got home from work.:crazy2:

Basketlacey: big hugs, so sorry to hear that about your aunt.:sad1:
!!

Missoutandabout said:
Lacey: So sorry about your aunt. :hug:

i_heart_the_mouse said:
basketlacey - Yay for your DS :cheer2: and sorry about your aunt :hug:

DetTigsGal said:
Special thoughts out to Lacey and Janet :)

Next week at this time we will be getting ready for lunch at LeCellier :)

Thanks everyone!

Janet - thinking of you!

Deena - Happy Anniversary!

Marie - I am sad about not having a trip planned too. Although, I know I am going next October. It's actually bothering me that I don't have a trip with my kids.

babyberger said:
What is it about the squeaky wheel....they get $100???? So I wrote a letter about my disappointments with our last trip at WL, having to check in twice, repeated problems with KTTW, etc. I really wasn't looking for money back, just to make guest services aware of the issues. I was pleasant,y surprised to hear that I was being issued a $100 credit to my visa for our inconveniences, I was also offered fast passes for our next trip but since we use a GAC for DS I kindly declined them. Sometimes it is just nice to know you were heard :)

It IS nice to know you are heard!

Mousemommy1 said:
Just drawing attention to a crazy thread on the Theme Parks and Strategies board about the buses that I cannot believe has not been shut down by mods. But WOW, people are sooooooo rude!!! :sad2:

Glad we have this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019973

The first time we went in '96 we used the busses, now we use our car. IMO a lot of behavior that we see at wdw is a microcosm of what we see in this country every day...my time, my child, my whatever is more important than yours...and if you look at them the wrong way or say something they will curse you out!

The first time we went in '96 we used the busses, now we use our car. IMO a lot of behavior that we see at wdw is a microcosm of what we see in this country every day...my time, my child, my whatever is more important than yours...and if you look at them the wrong way or say something they will curse you out!

It just makes me sad that people are like that. :(

Hello ladies...Hope everyone had a lovely day! Only 4 more sleeps till ADR day! Yes that is very exciting isn't it!!:woohoo:

Nothing too exciting happening over here lately, DH and the girls got sick with a nasty cold and cough. I think I got it too, but continued on with life and didn't really notice it too much. DH on the other hand was much distressed by the whole thing, spent the other night vomiting because he doesn't know how to blow his nose (the poor baby:sick:!) , and now has a very very bloodshot eye due to this episode. Ahhh....even though I do cringe at how he handles illnesses, I do feel a wee bit sorry for him. Good thing men don't have to give birth that is all I have to say!!:rotfl:

Please everyone wish us luck, I am taking all the DD's to the dentist tomorrow morning. I could use some pixie dust as we never seem to have much luck there. :worried:

Jeanette are you on your way yet???:banana::yay::dance3:

Hi to all....and hugs all around!:hug:

Jeanette: Hi! Thanks for giving me the heads up about the new thread! I hope you & the princesses have a safe & magical vacation!! pixiedust:

And a big "HELLO!" to everyone else! I've really been MIA from the RC thread lately. We were busy before our October trip but we've been ridiculously busy since our return. Things just never slow down. And with the holidays upon us, I'm sure it will stay this way until the beginning of the new year.

The exciting news though is that I think I've found a way to work in a WDW vacation next year in addition to our cruise. It would most likely be next October but I'm still trying to hammer out the details. More to come on that....

Hope everyone is doing well! And I really promise to try and keep up! :goodvibes

Trying to get in a quick multi quote before I get going with another busy day.

Special thoughts out to Lacey and Janet :)

Next week at this time we will be getting ready for lunch at LeCellier :)

Mmmmmm, I cant wait til my kids are a bit older and we can go back to LeCellier!

I think I had mentioned before that we are going back Christmas week as chaperones for the hs band, well my older son (19) can ride the bus but can't be a chaperone...so it will be cheaper to upgrade him to an ap instead of buying a 4-day in dec. He will be so excited - basically just singe can say he is a pass holder :). Too bad I didn't think of this a couple of months ago and could have adjusted the package so I could include this Saturday when he gets there and has the day to himself.

Sounds like a plan with the AP! I am sure he will find plenty of time to himself.

Stopping in to say I'm glad I found all my peeps

Spending a lazy day at home in lieu of remembrance day being on a Sunday .... Wishing I had a trip to plan and look forward to, I miss WDW so much! I don't know how trips are going to play out for me in the next couple yrs, I'd like to visit my brother and his family in England before they are posted back to Canada (probably summer 2014) -- My DH was born in England and we've never been over as a family. It's not cheap though, flights for the four of us are around 4K, then money is worth half of what the Canadian $$ is -- so 5K CDN will probably get us only 2,500 British pounds.
That's up to 10k already! We were throwing around next Christmas, so thats probably an expensive time to go. I'm still not decided if we will throw ourselves into the aggressive year of saving that will take.

Then there's my wish to take my DS, and his GF to WDW for a grad trip in Jan 2015......hoping my DH would come with me too! But that will take some aggressive saving over the next 2 yrs because it always costs us about 10k for our Disney trips!

Plus of course is the wish to pay down some debt over the next couple yrs.....so I don't know if England is going to be feasible when all is said and done! We shall have to see.

On the job front, interviews got pushed out a week later -- now scheduled for NOV 18. Apparently 157 applicants applied and they are screening down to interview 10 people! I hope I get someone nice to share my job with!

I'm so ready for my part time schedule again! Not feeling motivated right now! And actually don't want to get up to start the grind all over again tomorrow at 6:30 am! :p I have to do a huge COSTCO shop, but I just don't have the motivation to head out in the cold and bad weather for the 4 hours it would take! I think I may just postpone it for after work tomorrow, or may just hit up Walmart for odds and ends to get us through this week until Saturday!

I am looking forward to seeing the twighlight finale on Saturday, my tickets already bought :thumbsup2

happy Monday to you all! Even though I don't have a current trip to discuss I am excited for all who do! Looking forward to hearing your reviews :grouphug:

Sounds like you have a lot to think about, maybe you will win the lottery and can do it all :p You do have time to save and watch for great deals, so it just all may be possible! I hear you on the lack of motivation, I have been there myself as well. Hopefully you will get a great new partner and you can go back to your part time life ::yes::

It is nice to know that they read what you had to say and took at step to say sorry

Sometimes it is the little things :goodvibes

Just drawing attention to a crazy thread on the Theme Parks and Strategies board about the buses that I cannot believe has not been shut down by mods. But WOW, people are sooooooo rude!!!

Glad we have this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019973

I read a few posts earlier today and just had to stop reading. Sad :sad1:

It IS nice to know you are heard!
Yes i is :thumbsup2

Maybe I'm just too old (49)...I just don't understand people anymore
I have never gotten people, so I dont think it is an age thing :lmao:

Hello ladies...Hope everyone had a lovely day! Only 4 more sleeps till ADR day! Yes that is very exciting isn't it!!:woohoo:

Nothing too exciting happening over here lately, DH and the girls got sick with a nasty cold and cough. I think I got it too, but continued on with life and didn't really notice it too much. DH on the other hand was much distressed by the whole thing, spent the other night vomiting because he doesn't know how to blow his nose (the poor baby:sick:!) , and now has a very very bloodshot eye due to this episode. Ahhh....even though I do cringe at how he handles illnesses, I do feel a wee bit sorry for him. Good thing men don't have to give birth that is all I have to say!!:rotfl:

Please everyone wish us luck, I am taking all the DD's to the dentist tomorrow morning. I could use some pixie dust as we never seem to have much luck there. :worried:

Jeanette are you on your way yet???

Hi to all....and hugs all around!:hug:

Oh no, hope eveyone is fully on the mend! Good luck today, sending you lots of pixiedust: I know I need it with the kids and the dentist!

Jeanette: Hi! Thanks for giving me the heads up about the new thread! I hope you & the princesses have a safe & magical vacation!! pixiedust:

And a big "HELLO!" to everyone else! I've really been MIA from the RC thread lately. We were busy before our October trip but we've been ridiculously busy since our return. Things just never slow down. And with the holidays upon us, I'm sure it will stay this way until the beginning of the new year.

The exciting news though is that I think I've found a way to work in a WDW vacation next year in addition to our cruise. It would most likely be next October but I'm still trying to hammer out the details. More to come on that....

Hope everyone is doing well! And I really promise to try and keep up! :goodvibes

October is a great time of year to be at WDW, humidiy level starts to in finally calm down. Hope the busy is all good :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great day! :grouphug:

Melissa

Dear friends, :goodvibes

Thank you so very much for the support and well wishes for my mom. She is adjusting as well as we can hope in her new place. :goodvibes

Lacey, so sorry for your loss…:hug:

I will go back and comment on other posts, but first would like to share with you the following:

Last Thursday, a friend of my DS’ passed away suddenly. Her name was Anna. It has been very difficult for us all to comprehend and accept. Anna was creative, had a passion for art and fashion, and touched everyone with her kindness and love for others. She had a beautiful smile; yet she was fragile underneath and the issues that brought about her death are all too evident in today’s life. I would be grateful if you all could include Anna and her family in your thoughts and prayers. We do not know what may happen down the road for ourselves and our children, and we surely need to embrace life and live each day fully. Please tell your family how much you care, and hug and kiss your children every day and tell and show them that you love them unconditionally … Thank you, my RC family :hug: ….Love, Janet

P.S. I was unsure whether to post this ..but this thread has always provided an outlet where we have shared our dreams, life challenges, silliness & fun :) and ... sadly losses :hug: So wanted to state that the support, caring and friendship that has come from it all, is much appreciated… :hug:

Hello lovely ladies of RC-land... :grouphug:

Gotta catch up since last night was a 'Wine and Football Night', which turned into a 'Wine and My, How Boring - Let's Watch Something Else Night' after I picked up the Lilliputian from Hades from school yesterday afternoon. Don't know where she gets it from... :rolleyes1

Where's our Pas -- is she there now?! :woohoo: :cheer2:

Miss - I'm glad yesterday was migraine free, but sorry the day was still rough. My kids were unusually ramped yesterday too. It felt like their full moon behavior.

It was still a full moon last night, apparently. :rotfl: Are we still resort buddies or has that changed? :goodvibes I seriously need a flowchart for some of you... :lmao:

Miss – so sorry to hear about the migraine :worried: Glad you are feeling better! Oh I have done the leaving the cart and walking out of the store move. Why do these little beings have so much power over us????

It's otherworldly, I tell ya. :rotfl2: :rolleyes: (The kids and the migraines.)

We were there at T'giving in 2010, too!! Also, 2009! It is a wonderful time to be there, even if it is a little on the crowded side..ok, way on the crowded side!

Whoa. Hearing how packed Thanksgiving is has me slightly :scared: over how busy it'll be in the beginning of January.

Hey look DHS called me today :)

It was actually guest experiences, but I love how it shows on the caller ID!

They know you. You're on all of their phone's speed-dials now. :rotfl:

yes, the visual cues come first without pain....normally a complete loss of my peripheral vision (scary!!!) and then the light...oh the light...like an internal strobe...so awful!!!

Then about an hour later, the headache....

That is how mine happen -- to a T! I completely lose my peripheral vision too. This last one was unusual in that it went from one eye to the next, then headache when the visual thing stopped. :sad2: Stupid things.

happy Monday to you all! Even though I don't have a current trip to discuss I am excited for all who do! Looking forward to hearing your reviews

Hope you're able to make it all work out -- with going to England, too. I hear ya on the flights. We've had to rule out ever going over to visit family in the peak season because it's just a ridiculous amount of money for flights alone. :sad2: Fingers crossed on those interviews! :thumbsup2

What is it about the squeaky wheel....they get $100???? So I wrote a letter about my disappointments with our last trip at WL, having to check in twice, repeated problems with KTTW, etc. I really wasn't looking for money back, just to make guest services aware of the issues. I was pleasant,y surprised to hear that I was being issued a $100 credit to my visa for our inconveniences, I was also offered fast passes for our next trip but since we use a GAC for DS I kindly declined them. Sometimes it is just nice to know you were heard

Sweet! That is so nice when they notice. :goodvibes I got a letter from Mim Flynn (the GM of the Yacht and BC) in response to my concerns over the S&D pool situation this past September. I also complimented a few people from IPO and Teena. Wasn't even expecting a reply so I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks everyone!

:hug: :wave2:

Hello ladies...Hope everyone had a lovely day! Only 4 more sleeps till ADR day! Yes that is very exciting isn't it!!

Nothing too exciting happening over here lately, DH and the girls got sick with a nasty cold and cough. I think I got it too, but continued on with life and didn't really notice it too much. DH on the other hand was much distressed by the whole thing, spent the other night vomiting because he doesn't know how to blow his nose (the poor baby!) , and now has a very very bloodshot eye due to this episode. Ahhh....even though I do cringe at how he handles illnesses, I do feel a wee bit sorry for him. Good thing men don't have to give birth that is all I have to say!!

Oh NO! Your DH has the Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan FLU! :joker: It's horrible -- so I hear. :thumbsup2 Hope he feels better soon.

I'm sending you good vibes by the truckload for the dentist today. :goodvibes

Hope everyone is doing well! And I really promise to try and keep up!

Hi hi, Amanda. :wave2: Very exciting about the additional trip... let us know what you go with. popcorn::

Aw, Janet. I'm so sorry. :hug: My condolences to you, your family -- your DS and his friends. So very tragic and sad. In my thoughts even more so. :grouphug: Sorry you're dealing with so much right now. :worried:

janet I am so so sorry. Your poor family is going through hell. It's so sad to see all these young people dying under tragic circumstances.

Janet - I am so very sorry to hear about DS' friend. I am sure it has been hard on everyone. Anna, her family, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Aw, Janet. I'm so sorry. :hug: My condolences to you, your family -- your DS and his friends. So very tragic and sad. In my thoughts even more so. :grouphug: Sorry you're dealing with so much right now. :worried:

Janet~So sorry to hear about DS' friend. :sad1: I hope he's managing ok.

janet I am so so sorry. Your poor family is going through hell. It's so sad to see all these young people dying under tragic circumstances.

Janet - I am so very sorry to hear about DS' friend. I am sure it has been hard on everyone. Anna, her family, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

My friends, thank you all :hug: My DS is coping, as we are all ...as much as this is difficult for us, for her parents and brother the pain must be immeasurable .... I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers very much ... :grouphug:

Wanted to pass along a mesage from Pas. … rec’d a text from her late last night (girls ready, she had yet to pack :upsidedow) I don’t know if she felt she would have time to post, so in case not, she send BIG RC HUGS to you all ... she is beyond excited to get the Pas Girls trip started! :cool1:

Pas, enjoy this time with your beautiful girls, we all know our kids grow up too fast… so happy this trip is about to become a reality for you all.... Love you :hug:

janet - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I will keep their family and your in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Miss - Still resort buddies! :cool1: Even though I read the terms over and over again, I have a fear of canceling through hotels.com so this one may have good sticking power. :woohoo:

Yay for the pas girls!

babyberger - I'm sure it was just nice to be heard!

jenny - sick hubbies are the worst! :sad2:

I'm starting to plan how to surprise the kiddos on Christmas morning. Any ideas? I'm so not creative. I actually deactivated my pinterest account because I felt like it was mocking my lack of any type of craftiness. :rotfl:

All I can think of is a big box with Mickey balloons? Or maybe getting personalized M&Ms that say " We're going to Disney" although those seemed kinda spendy :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter