And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at AKL in august but I feel a change coming on:scratchin I hope it's not a repeat of 2011 when I changed from the YC to AKL to BC to CSR back to BC and ended up at POFQ:rotfl2:

pas130 said:
You know BFF, I was thinking the SAME thing....:hug: You can just edit the post and you're one pg.1 right after Sarah...:cool2:
:

Great minds think alike :) ... Just 2 more days!!!!! :woohoo:

Do not know how to multi quote on the IPhone so will just send out a big hello to ally RC peeps! On the way home from Rochester - we were moving my mom to assisted living.

Melissa and Miss ... Hope those migraines are all gone :hug: ...

MM ... Happy that DH is home! :)

Sarah .. So nice to see you posting .... :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend !!

Yay for the new thread! I feel like I need to go catch up on the old one but 3 pages is so nice and clean :-)

An update on us - DS won his Toy Bowl game last week as I am sure all my FB friends saw (I was a bit excited lol). We just came from a banquet to celebrate! Of course since football was over, we had to transition to basketball last week - no rest for te weary! We unfortunately had a death in the family which do,minuted most of the weekend - so very sad as my aunt was wayyy too young. Just hanging out at home now doing laundry and watching a game on tv.

babyberger said:
Posting and replying on the new thread :cool1:

So I lost it on DD this morning, I have been asking her for 2 weeks to pick it up and she in normal Sarah fashion screams, whines and complains and never does it. After our screaming match I ended up sitting on the hard tile floor and picking up and organizing the play room&#133;needless to say that did me in for a bit :sad2: So DH and I decided we would wait until latter to grocery shop, which worked out perfect. The Polar Express DVD I ordered on Thursday from Amazon was delivered today (with free super saver shipping!!!)so after dinner we put that in and left the little ones with the big one and grocery shopped in peace!!!!! We came home to everyone quiet on the couch :thumbsup2

IHTM &#150; I thought about rebooking my Feb trip using Fat Wallet and Hotels.com but I already bought GC&#146;s to pay of my resort while I was getting 5% back in rewards on my dis visa. I am hoping for another 5% or so if they ever release AP rates :confused3 Oh I love a good caramel macchiato as well, as I said to Miss I just don&#146;t want to be staring at a big green Sbux sign as I walk down Main Street. I would be thrilled if Sbux went in all over Disney and I could get REAL coffee, I just think they need to do it carefully.

Melissa
Hugs for the mommy meltdown Melissa! Oh have I been there!!

So do tell how you got 5% back in rewards?
WDWKOOK said:
Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
hmm not sure how I feel about this. I live a good cup of coffee but I also love smelling those waffles cones when we walk by the spot! We've only stopped once or twice though.
Grumpy Grandma said:
Jan 7th - 9th - triple booked - POP, LM, FQ
Jan 9th - 13th - double booked POP & FQ ... I think WL was canceled :confused3
Jan 13th - 21st - offsite at a Sheraton timeshare - 1 bedroom
Jan 21st - 27th - offsite at a Sheraton timeshare - 2 bedroom
Jan 27th & 28th - POP

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Loll so are you really staying the whole month??
DetTigsGal said:
I am here... it is very nice to be accepted eventhough I don't really change...I do it all in my head before I book. But, this trip I actually did change, 1day after I booked the GF for T'giving was reading their thread and realized construction of the courtyard pool and Gasparillas would be happening..,I came upon your lovely thread when I was trying to figure out where to go.

So in my mind this trip was... GF, CR TPV, BC, BWI CL and finally the winner WL CL ( thank you kook), but in Disney's mind it was GF, WL CL :)
I am just like you! I do all my changing before I book! This last time, I did change dates after booking but not resorts. So my next trip might be next October - adults only. Thinking we will stay BWI, swan or dolphin. Also hoping to insert a family trip somewhere in there.

Grumpy Grandma said:
This is pretty bad when I have to quote myself!!! I'm so confused! :confused3

Please change all the FQ to POR .... I forgot we canceled FQ when we made the WL reservation!!! :rotfl2:
LOL...no wonder you're confused mama....

DetTigsGal said:
I am here... it is very nice to be accepted eventhough I don't really change...I do it all in my head before I book. But, this trip I actually did change, 1day after I booked the GF for T'giving was reading their thread and realized construction of the courtyard pool and Gasparillas would be happening..,I came upon your lovely thread when I was trying to figure out where to go.

So in my mind this trip was... GF, CR TPV, BC, BWI CL and finally the winner WL CL ( thank you kook), but in Disney's mind it was GF, WL CL :)
You belong here...you've changed..you've found us...and we are oh so fond of you...not to mention you have awesome taste in resorts!!!!
i_heart_the_mouse said:
Ack page 3! I'm here. Thanks for the new thread pas! :cool1:
yay!!!!

OThopeful35 said:
We are staying at AKL in august but I feel a change coming on:scratchin I hope it's not a repeat of 2011 when I changed from the YC to AKL to BC to CSR back to BC and ended up at POFQ:rotfl2:
Welcome back!!
Janet B said:
Great minds think alike :) ... Just 2 more days!!!!! :woohoo:

Do not know how to multi quote on the IPhone so will just send out a big hello to ally RC peeps! On the way home from Rochester - we were moving my mom to assisted living
hope the transition was smooth BFF! I don't Multiquote too well on the phone either....reminds me...Can you pm stepdisney so she can find us??? I'm computerless. Phooey!

basketlacey said:
Yay for the new thread! I feel like I need to go catch up on the old one but 3 pages is so nice and clean :-)

An update on us - DS won his Toy Bowl game last week as I am sure all my FB friends saw (I was a bit excited lol). We just came from a banquet to celebrate! Of course since football was over, we had to transition to basketball last week - no rest for te weary! We unfortunately had a death in the family which do,minuted most of the weekend - so very sad as my aunt was wayyy too young. Just hanging out at home now doing laundry and watching a game on tv.

Very sorry for the loss of your Aunt* big hugs

Congrats to your son!!!

Posting for no other reason than....

It's my 5000th post!!!!

And I didn't want to do it anywhere else...

basketlacey - so sorry to hear about your aunt.:sad1:

I made it!! Can you believe I've been married for a year and one day?? I can hardly believe it's been one year, 8 resorts across Florida and California, and one BIG move!!! Yeesh!!!

We spend the weekend in the parks. Fantasyland preview and Be Our Guest lunch on Saturday morning, home to nap, California Grill dinner, and a quick stop at Basin White before heading home!

This morning we started out at Hollywood and Vine, rode and shopped around Hollywood Studios, then decided it was just too crowded everywhere and we came home to nap. It was a fabulous weekend.... but tomorrow it's back to work!

Hoping to see Pas and the princesses this week!!! Very exciting!!

:wave: Hello to all RC'ers!!! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!!!

Just a quick pop in, just got home from work.:crazy2:

Basketlacey: big hugs, so sorry to hear that about your aunt.:sad1:

Janet: that must have been emotional, moving your mom. Hugs to you too.:grouphug:

Melissa: you know I have been there too with the meltdown. We all know what is it like sometimes, we are human after all.:flower3:

Othopeful35: :faint:

Linda: all I can say is wow!! You are my hero!::yes::

Candace: yay for 5000!!

DetTigGal: I am not known for making lots of changes either...but somehow have fit in here too! :cheer2:

Deena: hi!!

But it was only to my ADR's. :rotfl2:

I ditched Via Napoli (though we love it there) in favor of trying something new...Kouzzina!!!

We have stayed away because of hubby being Greek and we are used to very authentic greek cooking from his family, but we are going to give it a go!! Always good to try something new!

Plus, paying OOP for Via Napoli is KIND of painful...the fact that one pizza is almost $30 is a bit crazy...on the DDP you don't notice these things. :rolleyes:

Hello to all of you lovely ladies ...:grouphug:

Lacey: So sorry about your aunt. :hug:

Janet: Thinking of you. Sorry you're going through a rough time. :hug:

Migraines are the worst!!! I've done my battle with them over the past years. After I had DD5, they became a monthly thing....we finally figured out (after I had landed in the hospital a few time for blinding headaches) that it was directly related to the estrogen in the birth control pills I was taking. I tried several different ones but never found the right one and finally gave them up in 2008...and the headaches disappeared... I think I have had like 1 migraine in the past 4 years and that was related to stress, which is also one of my triggers. :( Hoping you feel better today!

Thank you! :hug: I thought I had my triggers all sussed out. :rolleyes: (Had always been sun glare.) Saturday's was a complete mystery though; it could've been stress, or Chinese food (MSG?) or the red wine. :blush: I'm just glad I only get them once every 2 or so years. Do you get the visual cue before they start, Candace?

My house is all back to normal. DH is home and typical of when he returns from a trip, the girls are stuck to him like white on rice. I didn't think they would do that this time since he was only gone for a week, but no, he just stepped out to get Dunkins, which he has been dying without...and they keep saying "where's daddy??? When is he coming back???" They sure love their daddy...

Awwww. So. Dang. Sweet. :goodvibes

Kook: Love the RC Fairy Tale. princess:

I fear that if I ran through all of my changes, I'd need enough pages to write War & Peace...

Multiple volumes. With extremely small font. I'll need an electronic version though since my eyes are bad. :lmao:

The princesses are packing....

I am still working on my second cup of coffee.

And hrh told me she wants to stay at mvmcp until midnight...maybe main st. Does need that Starbucks....LOL

They do their own packing?! :worship: Can I borrow one of them to have a chat with Miss M? Is today THE day?!:cheer2: I can't keep track.

Count me in to this group!!!! Originally booked from 12/31- 1/7: 1 night at POR, 6 nights renting points at AKV (so that ressies not going to change! LOL LOL)..... Then, decided I wanted to be able to walk to Epcot on New Years Eve and switched to 1 night at the Dolphin, SCORE!...... THEN, I thought, why are we leaving on Monday, when we COULD be leaving on Saturday!?!? So I booked 2 nights at Pop Century 12/29-12/31..... and finally, yesterday called to see if any LM standard rooms were still available at AoA.... and they WERE so made the switch to be spending our 1st 2 nights at AoA, then to the Dolphin for 1 night, and finally, ending at AKV Kidani for 6 nights.... I think these plans are pretty much set in stone now UNLESS I get a free upgrade email or something bc AoA is overbooked!!! LOL LOL LOL Only time will tell.....

Helloooooooooo again!

Someone please explain Fat Wallet to me. I feel like I'm missing out on something!

I NEED COFFEE!!! Where is that coffee boy???

Have you found that coffee guy yet? I need him to come to my house, too. :coffee:

So, being a self-professed geek... Fat Wallet seems to be a bit like the dangerous site I visit frequently called Slickdeals. Dangerous in that I wind up buying waaaaay too much stuff I really don't need but HEY, it's all at really good prices so it evens out in the end, right? :rotfl:

AND yes, another day without power :mad:

miss, sorry to hear about the migraine. :headache: Feel better!!!

Yikes, Sarah. :hug: I hope today is the day. (And thank you, headache's long gone now!)

So in my mind this trip was... GF, CR TPV, BC, BWI CL and finally the winner WL CL ( thank you kook), but in Disney's mind it was GF, WL CL

So glad you're here. :goodvibes (I'm not really a Super Changer™ either.)

Melissa: Oh girl, I hear ya! :hug: Must have been going around this weekend; I got a big fat zero in the Good Parenting category. Total meltdowns here yesterday as well -- the kid and myself. :crazy2: (Mine threw a fit out at the store so we put all of the things back for her and left -- thought I was having flashbacks from 3 years ago.) Sheesh, I hope this is just a phase. :rolleyes:

Posting for no other reason than....

It's my 5000th post!!!!

And I didn't want to do it anywhere else...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I made it!! Can you believe I've been married for a year and one day?? I can hardly believe it's been one year, 8 resorts across Florida and California, and one BIG move!!! Yeesh!!!

We spend the weekend in the parks. Fantasyland preview and Be Our Guest lunch on Saturday morning, home to nap, California Grill dinner, and a quick stop at Basin White before heading home!

This morning we started out at Hollywood and Vine, rode and shopped around Hollywood Studios, then decided it was just too crowded everywhere and we came home to nap. It was a fabulous weekend.... but tomorrow it's back to work!

Hoping to see Pas and the princesses this week!!! Very exciting!!

Hello to all RC'ers!!! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!!!

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. LuvLuvLuv! :goodvibes Hope you and the Pas Brigade can meet up -- remember pics for all of us.

Just a quick pop in, just got home from work.

Working early on a Sunday? Poor Jen. :hug: How are the girlies?!

But it was only to my ADR's.

I ditched Via Napoli (though we love it there) in favor of trying something new...Kouzzina!!!

The menu at Kouzzina surely sounds good. :scratchin

It's an ugly rainy Monday morning here and DD1 was up at 6:30 again. I just can't seem to get her back on schedule after the stupid time change :sad2: I need my alone time in the mornings for :surfweb: or the day never feels quite right.

babyberger - Sorry about the mommy meltdown. We have ALL been there! :grouphug:

Miss - I'm glad yesterday was migraine free, but sorry the day was still rough. My kids were unusually ramped yesterday too. It felt like their full moon behavior. :crazy2:

Mousemommy - Yay for DH being home! :cheer2:

Kook - Great RC recap! :worship:

Grumpy Grandma - Miss is right about fat wallet. Basically it is a website for getting shopping deals. I use it occasionally to get cash back when I buy stuff online. I just click through their site first and then my cash back is credited to my account. When I get enough, I have it transferred to my paypal and then to my bank account. :thumbsup2

Wowza! Your January trip is going to be epic! Sounds amazing! :cool1:

basketlacey - Yay for your DS :cheer2: and sorry about your aunt :hug:

janet - I hope the move for mom went well :goodvibes It must have been an emotional day for you :grouphug:

pas - OMG! Tomorrow is THE DAY! I'll bet you and the girls are all :jumping1:

Welcome to the new people! :welcome: The ladies on this thread are the best!

Hi to everyone I missed! :wave2: I'm off to try to get some housework done while DD naps. Or maybe not. :confused3

Going to try to start catching up, not sure how far I will get before I have to post and leave to get the kids and start our busy afternoon. I am on hold with CRO again trying to cancel that April res….I am going to scream!!! I was on hold for over 20 minutes and as soon as my cell started ringing with a call I had to take (DS’s gastro), CRO picked up and I had to hang up on them :furious:

Jeanette – yes, it was quite the mommy meltdown! You are sooo close now, can you taste it???? :dance3:

Miss – so sorry to hear about the migraine :worried: Glad you are feeling better! Oh I have done the leaving the cart and walking out of the store move. Why do these little beings have so much power over us????

Candace – YAY for DH being home! And as for the girls being attached to them, at least it gave you a little break after being a single mom all week ;) Congrats on 5000 posts!

KOOK – I could probably come close to matching your changes, however mine included a cruise (with multiple changes) , an AI to Turks & Caicos (changing dates like crazy), and then finally onto WDW, which started as one trip that quickly became 4 :eek: DH keeps telling me that I should go back to being a travel agent so I can make all my own changes, LOL! For some reason I am okay with the Sbux in Epcot, it is just Main Street I am having a hard time with. I make no sense, I know :rolleyes:

Aml3679 – congrats on the upgrade to WL!

Jenna319 – welcome! Seems like you fit right into to our crazy changing world :laughing:

Linda – Oh a coffee boy, that would be nice :cutie: Fat Wallet is just another online site that offers cash rebates, links to deals, etc. I don’t personally use it, but I know of it. I do like Groupon and Living Social though.

Sarah – any power yet??? My thoughts are always with you :hug:

DetTigsGal - I am with you, if CRO saw what was going on in my head, they would just block my phone number :lmao:

OThopeful35 – August is a long way off and there could be a lot of RC’s before then :rolleyes1

Janet – I know it is hard to move a parent into assisted living, but I truly feel like they are a great place and have so much to offer. I hope you are having a good day :hug:

Lacey – I am sorry to hear about your aunt :hug: The 5% back in rewards was our promo for upgrading our Dis visa to premier. We got 5% rewards for 90 days on the categories we would normally get 2% on, so groceries, dining, gas, and WDW purchases.

Deena – happy anniversary!!!!! Sounds like you had a phenomenal weekend :goodvibes

IHTM – its an ugly rainy day here as well. Hope you can recoup some alone time during the day.

Jen – sorry you were working so late on a Sunday :sad2:

I did it, I did it! I think I am all caught up! Hello to anyone I missed!!

Melissa

Special thoughts out to Lacey and Janet :)

Next week at this time we will be getting ready for lunch at LeCellier :)

i_heart_the_mouse said:
How exciting! We did Thanksgiving at WDW in 2010 and it was one of my most favorite trips! You are going to have a blast! :cool1:

We were there at T'giving in 2010, too!! Also, 2009! It is a wonderful time to be there, even if it is a little on the crowded side..ok, way on the crowded side!

Hey look DHS called me today :)

8179844650_84c4280e83.jpg

It was actually guest experiences, but I love how it shows on the caller ID!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello to all of you lovely ladies ...:grouphug:

Lacey: So sorry about your aunt. :hug:

Janet: Thinking of you. Sorry you're going through a rough time. :hug:

Thank you! :hug: I thought I had my triggers all sussed out. :rolleyes: (Had always been sun glare.) Saturday's was a complete mystery though; it could've been stress, or Chinese food (MSG?) or the red wine. :blush: I'm just glad I only get them once every 2 or so years. Do you get the visual cue before they start, Candace?

Awwww. So. Dang. Sweet. :goodvibes

Kook: Love the RC Fairy Tale. princess:

Multiple volumes. With extremely small font. I'll need an electronic version though since my eyes are bad. :lmao:

They do their own packing?! :worship: Can I borrow one of them to have a chat with Miss M? Is today THE day?!:cheer2: I can't keep track.

Helloooooooooo again!

Have you found that coffee guy yet? I need him to come to my house, too. :coffee:

So, being a self-professed geek... Fat Wallet seems to be a bit like the dangerous site I visit frequently called Slickdeals. Dangerous in that I wind up buying waaaaay too much stuff I really don't need but HEY, it's all at really good prices so it evens out in the end, right? :rotfl:

Yikes, Sarah. :hug: I hope today is the day. (And thank you, headache's long gone now!)

So glad you're here. :goodvibes (I'm not really a Super Changer™ either.)

Melissa: Oh girl, I hear ya! :hug: Must have been going around this weekend; I got a big fat zero in the Good Parenting category. Total meltdowns here yesterday as well -- the kid and myself. :crazy2: (Mine threw a fit out at the store so we put all of the things back for her and left -- thought I was having flashbacks from 3 years ago.) Sheesh, I hope this is just a phase. :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. LuvLuvLuv! :goodvibes Hope you and the Pas Brigade can meet up -- remember pics for all of us.

Working early on a Sunday? Poor Jen. :hug: How are the girlies?!

The menu at Kouzzina surely sounds good. :scratchin

yes, the visual cues come first without pain....normally a complete loss of my peripheral vision (scary!!!) and then the light...oh the light...like an internal strobe...so awful!!! :sad:

Then about an hour later, the headache....:crazy2:

I think I had mentioned before that we are going back Christmas week as chaperones for the hs band, well my older son (19) can ride the bus but can't be a chaperone...so it will be cheaper to upgrade him to an ap instead of buying a 4-day in dec. He will be so excited - basically just singe can say he is a pass holder :). Too bad I didn't think of this a couple of months ago and could have adjusted the package so I could include this Saturday when he gets there and has the day to himself.

Stopping in to say I'm glad I found all my peeps :grouphug:

Spending a lazy day at home in lieu of remembrance day being on a Sunday .... Wishing I had a trip to plan and look forward to, I miss WDW so much! I don't know how trips are going to play out for me in the next couple yrs, I'd like to visit my brother and his family in England before they are posted back to Canada (probably summer 2014) -- My DH was born in England and we've never been over as a family. It's not cheap though, flights for the four of us are around 4K, then money is worth half of what the Canadian $$ is -- so 5K CDN will probably get us only 2,500 British pounds.
That's up to 10k already! We were throwing around next Christmas, so thats probably an expensive time to go. I'm still not decided if we will throw ourselves into the aggressive year of saving that will take.

Then there's my wish to take my DS, and his GF to WDW for a grad trip in Jan 2015......hoping my DH would come with me too! But that will take some aggressive saving over the next 2 yrs because it always costs us about 10k for our Disney trips!

Plus of course is the wish to pay down some debt over the next couple yrs.....so I don't know if England is going to be feasible when all is said and done! We shall have to see.

On the job front, interviews got pushed out a week later -- now scheduled for NOV 18. Apparently 157 applicants applied and they are screening down to interview 10 people! I hope I get someone nice to share my job with!

I'm so ready for my part time schedule again! Not feeling motivated right now! And actually don't want to get up to start the grind all over again tomorrow at 6:30 am! :p I have to do a huge COSTCO shop, but I just don't have the motivation to head out in the cold and bad weather for the 4 hours it would take! I think I may just postpone it for after work tomorrow, or may just hit up Walmart for odds and ends to get us through this week until Saturday!

I am looking forward to seeing the twighlight finale on Saturday, my tickets already bought :thumbsup2

happy Monday to you all! Even though I don't have a current trip to discuss I am excited for all who do! Looking forward to hearing your reviews :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter