And so it begins - Updated with Photopass Pics Post 189 - 04/01/2010

Wow, you are having a fantastic time, I so wish I was over there myself.

I especially loved that YouTube video of your BiL on Dr Doom.:lmao: Did you manage to get him on any of the coasters at IoA?

He actually did all of the coasters, some of them twice. It was just Dr Doom he wasn't to happy about. He even went on ToT at HS and enjoyed that.

Thursday 22nd October

Today - Seaworld.
We were up and out a little later than we had hoped but it seemed that everyone was happy to take it easy this morning so we didn't rush things.
We were at the park by about 10.30 and by the time we had bought tickets we were heading for our first ride of the day - Kraken.
This is one of the only coasters that DW can do due to her having had spinal surgery 4 years ago. This is by far one of the smoothest rides in any of the parks so she makes the most of it when she is there. DS was adamant all the way there that he was going to do it - which really surprised us as he is not a fan of these things at all. He got all the way to the front then changed his mind. He was so upset with himself that he just burst into tears and went to wait with Grandma. When we got down the first thing he asked was 'Are you dissappointed with me' - which really tugged at the heart strings. He so wanted to do this to make us proud of him (his words not ours) and no matter how many times we told him we were already proud of him - especially since he had done BTM at MK - it didn't matter. I just said to him 'Are you dissappointed in me when I don't do the spinning rides' (I really hate those) and he replied 'No' 'There you go then' He seemed to brighten up and began to accept that not everyone likes every ride.
After this we went on Manta. WOW. This ride exceeded all expectations. Even DW went on it from the start - which worried me a little as the position couldn't have been good for her - but she said it was fine and wanted to do it again straight away :)
By this time though we had to go for our reservation for Dine with Shamu. We turned up and got a complimentary photo and drink before being shown to our table. The fact that there were 8 in our group meant we had a pool side table so we sat the smallest ones nearest the pool due to the fact that they have smaller clothes on so would dry out quicker.
Our server explained the buffet, asked if we wanted any more drinks then 'subtley' mentioned that the tip wasn't included in the package price that we had already paid.
The food - in our opinion - wasn't that great. Luke warm and very limited choice - but at the end of the day we were not there for that. We were there to see the orcas up close.

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

Once the show had finished in the main arena 2 of the Shamus (they are all called Shamu but each has a different first name) came through and came up close to the wall. My only complaint about this was that we were given no warning about when anything was about to happen - so by the time we had turned our cameras the right way it had been and gone :sad2:

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

We left here to go all the way across the park to go and watch the Seamore & Clyde show which, in my opinion, was as good as the reviews on here. The mime artist before the show starts had all the of us in hysterics and I would pay to see a show of him on his own.

After doing a few other bits and pieces it was time to go and watch Believe and we were lucky enough to get a seat dead centre in the soak zone - well if we were going to get wet we might as well get wet in style.

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

We then went and got another go on Manta, at DW request, before heading for the exit. We got our tickets validated for a return trip as there was still a lot we didn't manage to get in.

After a quick trip to the villa to get freshened up and changed we were back out again to Old Town for bike night. Grandma and DS decided to drop out and stay at the villa and Sis and BIL had arranged to meet some friends of theirs there so we split up and went our seperate ways, making our own way home when we had done.
After grabbing a pizza on the way home we were settled in for the night ready for another busy day tomorrow. It was supposed to be a rest day but once again the group had decided to fit in a trip to Universal Studios instead.

Really enjoyed your Seaworld day ...... All in all, would you personally recommend dine with shamu, I note you say the food was so so, but do you think it was worth the money to see Shamu up close etc?

Lovely pictures :goodvibes

Some more great days!

I have been thinking about booking Dine with Shamu, but I want to see if the kids are interested in the Whales before we do, were there any spare tables or was it fully booked on your sitting?

Really enjoyed your Seaworld day ...... All in all, would you personally recommend dine with shamu, I note you say the food was so so, but do you think it was worth the money to see Shamu up close etc?

Personally I didn't think it was worth it and wouldn't do it again. You do get to see the whales up close though it is the smaller Shamus and not the big one that splashes everyone during the show

Some more great days!

I have been thinking about booking Dine with Shamu, but I want to see if the kids are interested in the Whales before we do, were there any spare tables or was it fully booked on your sitting?

There were spare tables - and that was after they had changed our booking from 2.30pm to 12.30 due to a drop in bookings.

Friday 23rd October

Universal Studios

We all decided to go here to play today, especially DS as he regards this as one of his favourite parks as there is plenty that he likes to do.
Once we got in we split up as DD and me were itching to ride the HRRR. We joined the line that was showing an hours wait - and this proved to be pretty accurate. We selected our songs. I chose Black Eyed Peas - Pump It and DD chose Kanye West - Stronger. We had been looking forward to this ride for soooo long and could hardly believe we were finally on it. And when it had finished we could hardly believe how bad it was. My neck was aching on both sides as we had been thrown around more than any other ride we had been on in a long time. DD agreed that it wasn't as good as she was expecting - and we certainly wouldn't wait for an hour to ride it again. After Kraken and Manta yesterday we had probably been spoilt but we found it hard to understand why with todays technology they couldn't build it smoother.
We caught up with the rest of the family as they had been working their way around the park going on ET, Woody Woodpeckers Roller Coaster and The Simpsons. They all then went on MIB while I watched the bags (and sneaked off and brought myself a T-shirt ready for HHN). We then all went and queued up for Disaster.
Once in the 'holding' area we were met by one of the 'Crew' who's job it was to lead us through the attraction and chose some of the crowd to appear in the final film. When he asked for a 10-12 year old energetic girl DD was jumping up so high he couldn't help but pick her. She was so chuffed that she would get to go on the stage and did her part brilliantly. I tried to video the final 'cut' that they play while you are still on the train - and it worked out OK. If you click on the link below Taylor is the girl who jumps from the building onto Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pegasus928#p/a/u/0/IHav834fJgw

After this we followed the park round and did the Mummy, Twister and Shrek. We also stopped on the way out and had a chat with Donkey. By this time everyone was feeling the heat. It was in the high 80's and the pool was calling but we decided to stop for food on the way home at NBA. Last time we were here we were really impressed with this place - and this trip was no different. DW maintains that it is one of the best steaks she has ever had, and Sis and BIL really enjoyed their beef sandwiches with onions and mushrooms too. I went for a lasagne - which was excellent. Desserts were Cinnamon Berries, Banana Bread Pudding and Cheesecake.

New York Strip Steak
IMG_2548.jpg

Lasagne
IMG_2549.jpg

Steak Sandwhich
IMG_2550.jpg

Cinnamon Berries
IMG_2553.jpg

Banana Bread Pudding
IMG_2555.jpg

Cheesecake
IMG_2554.jpg

And one of BILs root beer - as he was very impressed by the glass.
IMG_2551.jpg

It was then back to the pool and an evening of splashing, screaming and generally having fun. Lord knows what the neighbours thought.

Here are a few pics as, for some reason, I didn't seem to take many today.

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

DS next to one of the cars from The Fast and The Furious - probably his all time favourite film.
IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

Me in my new T-Shirt ready for HHN
IMG_2539.jpg

What does that sign say Jack?? And how did you get up there may I ask??
IMG_2540.jpg

Tomorrow - Animal Kingdom.

Another great report .... your BIL's face on the bigger rides are a picture .... love the donkey from shrek. Glad you are all still having a lovely time :goodvibes

I am very jealous of your daughter !!!
Id pay to jump on the rock :rotfl2:
Loving your report !!!

NBA - National Basketball Association. :thumbsup2 They have a restaurant at Citywalk.

Great report Kenny. Lovely photos of you all. :)

I am very jealous of your daughter !!!
Id pay to jump on the rock :rotfl2:
Loving your report !!!

My DS feels the same - but probably for totally differnt reasons to you (he is a big wrestling fan ;))

Just a quick one for you on the 'Eve Mission'. So far we have looked in almost every shop we have come across and are really struggling to find a 'beanie' type of Eve.
What I have managed to get so far is this one

IMG_2701.jpg

It is a poseable figure - and I took the pic next to a can of coke so you can see the size of it.

I will keep on looking though and if I see anything more suitable it will be in the bag and coming home with us before you can say Wall.E :thumbsup2

Saturday 24th October

Animal Kingdom

We had heard on the news channels that today was supposed to be the hottest day in October since the early 1950's - and because of this we were in 2 minds as to whether to stick to the original plan or to stay at the villa and next to the pool.

We chose AK but said we would get there early and leave once the heat got too much - or everyone had had enough. We got there before 9am and once the gates were open we headed round to the Tree of Life to watch Mickey open the park officially.

IMG_2566.jpg

OK - so you probably noticed the lack of Mickey in that last photo. That's because he was far off in the background and half way up the Tree of Life. But he did still open the park - you will just have to take my word for it :)

It was then round to do the Safari - where we were the second vehicle leaving for the day and for the first time ever on this ride we managed to see the black rhino and the lion - probably as it was still cool enough for them to be out and about.

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

We finished this and went to see the Festival of the Lion King. The first showing was at 10am and we got there for just before this. This seems like a really good time to go and see it as the place was half empty, but it didn't take anything away from the show which was as good as last time and had the kids up and dancing, and the grown ups tapping their feet and nodding their heads.
After doing the Kali River Rapids - on which we got REALLY wet we went over for a lunch reservation at Tusker House. Again this was our recommendation as we really enjoyed it when we came in Feb, and again it didn't dissappoint.

The original plan of going back to the villa after lunch was begining to fall by the wayside as everyone had a list of things to do, so we split up and me, DD and DW headed over to Everest so me and DD could have a go or 2, while the others went to explore Dinoland.

After and hour or so we met up again, did a few more rides, met some more celebrities then headed out of the park as it was closing time.

IMG_2590.jpg

She stopped to have a photo taken with me - honest :rolleyes1
IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

We couldn't believe how fast the day had gone but we were all pleased to be heading back to the villa for an evening in the pool.

AK is the one place I cannot wait to see :goodvibes Thanks for another great trip update .... love the piccie with you and your family with mickey in his safari gear !

Re tusker house .... if you only like plain foods, are there some options for people like this ??

My DS feels the same - but probably for totally differnt reasons to you (he is a big wrestling fan ;))

Just a quick one for you on the 'Eve Mission'. So far we have looked in almost every shop we have come across and are really struggling to find a 'beanie' type of Eve.
What I have managed to get so far is this one

IMG_2701.jpg

It is a poseable figure - and I took the pic next to a can of coke so you can see the size of it.

I will keep on looking though and if I see anything more suitable it will be in the bag and coming home with us before you can say Wall.E :thumbsup2

oh thank you so much !!
Someone else has pm me and said no sign of any eve beanies but thanks so much for looking whilst you r on holiday i hope im not being a pain and im sure he will love the figure you have found.
you r a star x

Re tusker house .... if you only like plain foods, are there some options for people like this ??

There is plenty to chose for those that don't like spicy or exotic.
Beef and pork joints, salads, potato wedges, salmon, mash - the list goes on.
But the beauty of buffet eating is that you can take a little of something to try it and go back for more if you do.

another great write up Kenny! photos are brilliant as well :thumbsup2
feels like we're going around the parks with you:):surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter