And now for a change of plans-A Dec '18 Solo TR - COMPLETED 9/19

Sorry the PP photos didn't work out on Main Street that morning. The last thing you want to do your first visit into the MK that trip is wait around forever for a picture!

The Pirates queue at WDW is nice, but I think I'm forever going to compare it to DLP.

Smart idea to just get a snack at BOG so you could see the holiday decorations.

Sorry the PP photos didn't work out on Main Street that morning. The last thing you want to do your first visit into the MK that trip is wait around forever for a picture!

The Pirates queue at WDW is nice, but I think I'm forever going to compare it to DLP.

Smart idea to just get a snack at BOG so you could see the holiday decorations.
Yeah, I don't think any Pirates ride will ever compare to Disneyland Paris! Disneyland (CA) is better than WDW though.

Day 7, Part 2 - Jingle all the Disappointing Way...

After my snack I headed back to Frontierland for a ride on Jingle Cruise. The FP line was pretty backed up, but they got us through quickly. I got really amped up, seeing all the details in the queue. Especially the Santa hat and beard on the tarantula!

X1mklYv.jpg
9ujl72q.jpg
0xj04vf.jpg
AiONFWm.jpg
XWlTAm5.jpg
5G07xiq.jpg
9LRSepZ.jpg
6kEvgbc.jpg
DjLZaqq.jpg
EswjLRn.jpg
JIDJAPq.jpg
3U3HTHb.jpg
CZlpPSc.jpg

But then, the ride… oh dear – what a disappointment! I guess I had been expecting something in line with Disneyland’s version of Jingle Cruise, where they spent a month getting the overlay set up, so it was super detailed and lots of fun stuff (they haven’t done it in a couple years though probably because of that downtime). At MK they did the overlay overnight, so not a whole lot of decorations. I know some people love it, but I was really bummed out! All of the jokes were pretty repetitive, so I wasn’t as amused as other times. I had another FP later in the trip, which I went ahead and cancelled right away. (Again, this could just be my own opinions - I know other people like it, and I"m sure if I hadn't experienced DL's superior version, I would have liked it enough)

kIwBGo2.jpg
aLvnIcH.jpg
dsHvcUF.jpg
CWuWsi9.jpg
CwNZrT4.jpg
lpw7Xxl.jpg
FSEtFwY.jpg
EjWtAZp.jpg

Even when I was in line for Jingle Cruise, I was already started to get wiped. So I headed out of the park and off to lunch. Initially I was going to go to Grand Floridian Café, and even got in that boat line.

hcLuNuL.jpg

But I realized there was such a delay getting the boat, it would then take long to get back to Wilderness Lodge for rest (I had it in my mind I needed to take boat from Grand back to MK and then another boat to WL – really I could have just Ubered). So, I decided to cut the GFC for then (I think it was too late to bump and run, so I just accepted the $10 no show, though I probably could have called or checked with concierge to get it waived, meh). Instead I was able to find a Whispering Canyon Café reservation for 15 minutes away – just enough time to get the boat back to WL.

rnNSbE2.jpg
0R5dN3g.jpg

I got to WCC and was seated near immediately. My server was very nice – he tried to play up the sassiness, and I could see him with another family next to me (things like giving the teenage son the check for a family of 12, etc), so he seemed to fit the theme. Unfortunately, me being still getting over illness, and just being alone, meant I couldn’t really enjoy the antics!

O6Jcamt.jpg
5WG6lg2.jpg

I ended up deciding to go ahead and get the endless platter. I knew it would probably be too much food, especially after not eating much the day before, but I wanted to try the various options. The alternative would have been the pulled pork sandwich, which ended up being one of my least favorite meats on the platter, so I’m glad I got other things to try! I really loved the cornbread and ribs too! I also asked for no beans, since I don’t like them, so the kitchen ended up loading the platter with even more meat (the server even commented on it). At the end, I wasn’t able to eat more than half of it, but since I didn’t get any refills, my server brought me out a box to keep the rest of it! Very nice! Of course, like my Boathouse leftovers, I forgot to eat them!

wHkGlzF.jpg
hxr34Rj.jpg

I then went back upstairs and crashed for a couple hours! I think I later ate the rest of my cornbread, because I wasn’t hungry enough for a full meal.

yUC4YJJ.jpg

More resort photos-my brother would probably love this resort because he was OBSESSED with Moose when he was a kid. I wish they sold replicas of some of the ornaments on the resort Christmas trees (but to tell you the truth - we probably already have similar ones anyways).

gwKrxri.jpg
UgLDnHp.jpg
nHb1wBc.jpg
FEpcZRn.jpg
p5pCw2X.jpg
BachN5R.jpg
Nh4SzPP.jpg
B9uHhOs.jpg

Coming up - Time to Party!

I love the WL at Christmas. Not true, I LOVE the WL all the time, but especially at Christmas.

Cute Christmas Stitch tee. It was perfect for you meet with him.
LOVE the passholder ornament.

On a side note, I told Tim what you told me about being pilot on the new SWGE ride and he was able to ride it 5X and be the pilot a few times. In my TR, I originally said he rode it 3x but he was able to get on it 2 more times after I originally spoke with him. :P

But then, the ride… oh dear – what a disappointment! I guess I had been expecting something in line with Disneyland’s version of Jingle Cruise, where they spent a month getting the overlay set up, so it was super detailed and lots of fun stuff (they haven’t done it in a couple years though probably because of that downtime). At MK they did the overlay overnight, so not a whole lot of decorations. I know some people love it, but I was really bummed out! All of the jokes were pretty repetitive, so I wasn’t as amused as other times. I had another FP later in the trip, which I went ahead and cancelled right away. (Again, this could just be my own opinions - I know other people like it, and I"m sure if I hadn't experienced DL's superior version, I would have liked it enough)
Oh man I'm sorry you didn't have a great time! Jungle Cruise in general is so hit and miss, depending on your skipper. Maybe the DL folks need to have a little chat with the WDW folks and get them to raise their standards haha.

Instead I was able to find a Whispering Canyon Café reservation for 15 minutes away – just enough time to get the boat back to WL.
Good timing!

Unfortunately, me being still getting over illness, and just being alone, meant I couldn’t really enjoy the antics!
But being antic-adjacent can still be kind of fun!

More resort photos
Oh man I love the Christmas decorations so much, your photos are giving me life!!

I love the WL at Christmas. Not true, I LOVE the WL all the time, but especially at Christmas.

Cute Christmas Stitch tee. It was perfect for you meet with him.
LOVE the passholder ornament.

On a side note, I told Tim what you told me about being pilot on the new SWGE ride and he was able to ride it 5X and be the pilot a few times. In my TR, I originally said he rode it 3x but he was able to get on it 2 more times after I originally spoke with him. :P
I’m so glad he loves it so much! It really is a spectacular land and ride!
Oh man I'm sorry you didn't have a great time! Jungle Cruise in general is so hit and miss, depending on your skipper. Maybe the DL folks need to have a little chat with the WDW folks and get them to raise their standards haha.
Haha, maybe!
But being antic-adjacent can still be kind of fun!
Very true! And there was a table of all older women (I think doing a Christmas resort tour of WDW) and they were having a blast!

I know I did it... but I guess it just wasn't memorable enough that it made much (if any) of an impact.
(things like giving the teenage son the check for a family of 12, etc),
:laughing:
Unfortunately, me being still getting over illness, and just being alone, meant I couldn’t really enjoy the antics!
Awww... Poor Lesley. :hug:

At MK they did the overlay overnight, so not a whole lot of decorations. I know some people love it, but I was really bummed out!

I don't think the MK version of Jingle Cruise is all that impressive, either! I can get a few cute pics out of it, but it can certainly be a lot better.

The alternative would have been the pulled pork sandwich, which ended up being one of my least favorite meats on the platter, so I’m glad I got other things to try!

Sounds like that worked out, then!

More resort photos-my brother would probably love this resort because he was OBSESSED with Moose when he was a kid. I wish they sold replicas of some of the ornaments on the resort Christmas trees (but to tell you the truth - we probably already have similar ones anyways).

gwKrxri.jpg
UgLDnHp.jpg
nHb1wBc.jpg
FEpcZRn.jpg
p5pCw2X.jpg
BachN5R.jpg
Nh4SzPP.jpg
B9uHhOs.jpg

This resort is so stunning during the Christmas season!

Especially the Santa hat and beard on the tarantula!

I thought that was the best little detail of them all!

At MK they did the overlay overnight, so not a whole lot of decorations.

I found that as well. Tons (well... enough) in the queue, but not a lot on the ride itself.

So, I decided to cut the GFC for then (I think it was too late to bump and run, so I just accepted the $10 no show, though I probably could have called or checked with concierge to get it waived, meh). Instead I was able to find a Whispering Canyon Café reservation for 15 minutes away – just enough time to get the boat back to WL.

Sometimes a change on the fly is a good thing.

But I do wish you'd been healthy enough to have enjoyed the atmosphere.

Very nice! Of course, like my Boathouse leftovers, I forgot to eat them!

Bummer!

Especially the Santa hat and beard on the tarantula!

Such a cute touch. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person.

But then, the ride… oh dear – what a disappointment!

I'm sorry it was a disappointment. I still plan on doing but I'll keep my expectation low. We love Jungle Cruise even without the overlay.

Instead I was able to find a Whispering Canyon Café reservation for 15 minutes away – just enough time to get the boat back to WL.

Perfect timing. How long does the boat ride take to get to WL? We have the Snow White dinner our last night and will be leaving from MK to get there.

I really loved the cornbread and ribs too!

Sounds delish!

At the end, I wasn’t able to eat more than half of it, but since I didn’t get any refills, my server brought me out a box to keep the rest of it! Very nice! Of course, like my Boathouse leftovers, I forgot to eat them!

Over all sounds like you enjoyed your food. We bring leftovers back to the room too and never really eat them either.

I feel the same way about the Jingle Cruise. I was so excited for it because I LOVE Christmas, but the Xmas jokes were few and far between and for the most part I felt it was the same as the Jungle Cruise, just decorated for Christmas. It was a disappointment for me, but like you this is just my opinion. I know lots of people love it.

I am sorry you were not feeling well enough to head over to the Grand. Have you eaten at GFC before? My husband loves it. WCC is really good too though, and it is nice to enjoy the lobby decor at the same time. Your lobby photos are stunning, it is probably my favorite place in the world at Christmas time! I hope your nap helped you rebound!

I know I did it... but I guess it just wasn't memorable enough that it made much (if any) of an impact.
Yup...
I don't think the MK version of Jingle Cruise is all that impressive, either! I can get a few cute pics out of it, but it can certainly be a lot better.
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way!
This resort is so stunning during the Christmas season!
It really is!
I thought that was the best little detail of them all!
I know - so cute!
I'm sorry it was a disappointment. I still plan on doing but I'll keep my expectation low. We love Jungle Cruise even without the overlay.
I mean, it's just my opinion! And mostly because I got to see the DL version which was better. I'm sure you guys will still like it though!
Perfect timing. How long does the boat ride take to get to WL? We have the Snow White dinner our last night and will be leaving from MK to get there.
Hmm, so I think the boat ride itself is about 10-15 minutes. But there is the whole waiting for a boat, waiting for it to unload, waiting for loading, etc. I think giving yourself an hour would be very safe, and it would give you time to explore and check out the decorations in the resort? Also, make sure to get down to Boulder Ridge Villas, which is also very gorgeous!
I feel the same way about the Jingle Cruise. I was so excited for it because I LOVE Christmas, but the Xmas jokes were few and far between and for the most part I felt it was the same as the Jungle Cruise, just decorated for Christmas. It was a disappointment for me, but like you this is just my opinion. I know lots of people love it.

I am sorry you were not feeling well enough to head over to the Grand. Have you eaten at GFC before? My husband loves it. WCC is really good too though, and it is nice to enjoy the lobby decor at the same time. Your lobby photos are stunning, it is probably my favorite place in the world at Christmas time! I hope your nap helped you rebound!
Yeah, I wish they did a better job with the ride! I actually did get a chance to try it the following day!

Day 7, Part 3 - A Chill Party

Around 5pm, I headed back over to Magic Kingdom because it was time for MVMCP! I got one of the smaller boats this time, which I find more magical! It was a bit chillier than some of my first days in Florida, but not too bad.

p1tOlHi.jpg
AwAPuqm.jpg
fZt41QW.jpg
o40pl9y.jpg

I arrived and took the bypass down Main street. Got the red sugar cookie, which I ended up saving until later in my trip. When I did take a bite – ick! Not good at all (I normally like the grocery store pressed sugar cookies, but this just tasted stale and artificial)

eCgUBmX.jpg
6dGAUfW.jpg
X2T0oyw.jpg
Oczo5f6.jpg
SxqPWIV.jpg

I stopped for one photo, but skipped the ornament photo opp, because of the longer line.

neME4bW.jpg

I got in front of the castle and decided to camp out for the castle lighting. Ended up getting a Hub spot, behind the statue, right at the top of the incline. This turned out to be a great spot and I didn’t have anyone come and stand right in front of me (they all kept moving further forward). Overall the little show was cute. And the lights gorgeous! (I do have to admit though that even though the lights are just gorgeous on Cinderella’s Castle, I sort of like the intimacy of the Disneyland castle lighting ceremony/show – it’s all music and voice, no characters)

EoLEETr.jpg
hioMTQo.jpg
b7X49QW.jpg
rx45xCD.jpg
s5cyHRl.jpg
i7bHvNH.jpg

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Next, I headed up into Fantasyland. I ended up hopping into the Pooh and Friends line, which didn’t look too long. They had been reported to come out earlier, around 6:20, but this day they didn’t arrive until 6:45. I ended up not getting in for the first set, so had a longer wait than I expected (or would normally do). But they were very cute in the scarves. Tigger liked my Christmas Aristocat sweater (I think it was from Box Lunch - I need to remember to bring it to Tokyo and maybe I can get photos with the Aristocats!). I gave Eeyore an extra hug because he looked depressed…as always! At that point I knew I wasn’t going to do any other meets (I had hoped to meet Scrooge too) – my energy was still zapped and it was exhausting to stand for that long.

rQSmX6q.jpg
pK9Y5oW.jpg
nfG071F.jpg
2ZKhlhb.jpg
rWMTERU.jpg
YKqEEXD.jpg

Tigger was hilarious though and chilling in line with everyone while waiting for people to greet the rest of his friends!

CL0SEy6.jpg

I was lucky and able to find the lantern photo right before they opened the line, so I didn’t have a wait at all!

6ZXyDr2.jpg
zRmMizi.jpg

I thought about heading to Pinnochio to get the whole cookie collection, but there was a super long line, so I skipped that.

YaC2TtM.jpg

Instead I went to Gaston’s and got the Vaneloppe éclair. Decent, but not amazing.

JlLbsJI.jpg
CWCfa6F.jpg

Love the projections of snowflakes everywhere!

Z4IDdrH.jpg

And a photopass stop

J3cw0CK.jpg
LQj0v6S.jpg

Then down into Tomorrowland. I considered stopping at Cosmic Rays for a hot cocoa, but another super long line (all the way back to Star Traders). Zach said he had just boarded the Peoplemover, so I took a video from below!

H1TgVZI.jpg

giphy.gif

Then I headed over to the stage to see A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. This was sooo much fun! I wish I had seen it a second time! It is just goofy and the dancing is cool! A big fan! I will try to see it during the days before NYE when they reshow the MVMCP entertainment during the day.

SlZdQyH.jpg
KpvgV1Q.jpg
ATykK2A.jpg
5lTAxsd.jpg
CCDBVcj.jpg
oYOkPFY.jpg
JRzA17d.jpg
h84oM6E.jpg
FnVj2kA.jpg

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I then waited there to see the acapella group, which was excellent. Zach stuck around.

ad0la0E.jpg
k1KExq2.jpg

We then headed over to Cosmic Rays, which no longer had a line. Hot cocoa was appreciated! Cookie was meh – too overprocessed for my tastes!

ZHCvJjn.jpg
k7od1HC.jpg

We then split up – I went down to Main street, where I got the Yule Log from Main Street Bakery. It was good, but very very rich!

meH7zLs.jpg

The parade was going thru main street then. I found a table out in front of The Plaza to sit and eat and watch the very end of the parade from a distance.

After the parade, I hung out for a little bit waiting for the crowds to clear. I then headed up into the Hub to stake out a spot for the stage show/fireworks. I did find a railing spot. This was good for fireworks (no shoulder kids right in front of me) but my view of the stage was obscured.

E8qyvs6.jpg

I sort of watched Mickeys Most Merriest Celebration I did really like the show, and I wish I had seen it again from a more centered location, but I just couldn’t stick around too late.

e979BME.jpg
KRtVobl.jpg

Anyways, Zach ended up joining me back there for the fireworks, which were great.

nIpJe7V.jpg
Rl3ZFkH.jpg
LRhqarm.jpg
6n6EVgQ.jpg
pHNp6UM.jpg

Christmas tree!

EgCLiDL.jpg

He also brought me one of the Tortuga Tavern pretzels, which was nice! Though apparently I didn’t take a photo?

We then battled through the crowds and headed into Frontierland, where we picked a parade spot (close to the entrance to Country Bears). It wasn’t totally necessary to get there that early, but if I was going to make it to the parade time, I needed to sit and conserve energy! I think Zach may have gone on some rides while I held the spot!

We did get to see the reindeer wranglers and country bears, who were super fun.

Uz3shKw.jpg
1l0fGlU.jpg

Time for the parade, which I really liked. It was very detailed and brought the holiday spirit!

0dECy7m.jpg
VbqC3uM.jpg
hjkmC1p.jpg
Ul4wBRK.jpg
4Vy2vgL.jpg
lmyYFuP.jpg
bEE7yGR.jpg
kwCYi82.jpg

My favorite float unit

SxAIykc.jpg
aQ29eTJ.jpg

thyL0pu.jpg
Z5gXQLC.jpg
cy2g8uq.jpg
BkIWINv.jpg

Cutie horsies!

sfqxMoY.jpg
wQkKxUi.jpg

6ExHZR7.jpg
8q1QJl9.jpg
LSExqdp.jpg
L7p4qtD.jpg
CgLjSEh.jpg
lRr11eA.jpg
GJqGwLV.jpg
JpvFKlh.jpg
xXTkK65.jpg
CiT6Vum.jpg
kN9SG8y.jpg

I then knew I was done for the evening! I really wanted to try and stick it out all night, but I just couldn’t, especially because I had several days left in the trip. Instead, I headed back down main street (thru the emporium) and out to town square. I did get to see a bit of the parade again while I was waiting to get thru to the exit. Then I caught the boat back to WL and crashed again!
A review of Pre-trip plans:
11:00 – 7DMT FP - Check
11:30 – Be Our Guest for cupcake - Yum

Magic Kingdom rides, fitting in snacks and other things as desiredHaunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (I don’t remember which were FPs) – completed Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Winnie Pooh, Peoplemover. Didn’t ride Splash or BTMR. Didn’t try any snacks.
5:00 – Grand Floridian Café – Switched to lunch, then cancelled; replaced with Whispering Canyon Cafe
6:00 – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Did get to at least see everything I wanted; biggest regret was not watching castle show again in a better location. Missed some snacks I wanted to try.

Coming up - more Magic Kingdom time!

Around 5pm, I headed back over to Magic Kingdom because it was time for MVMCP! I got one of the smaller boats this time, which I find more magical! It was a bit chillier than some of my first days in Florida, but not too bad.

p1tOlHi.jpg
AwAPuqm.jpg
fZt41QW.jpg
o40pl9y.jpg

Gorgeous photos of the lake!

Overall the little show was cute. And the lights gorgeous! (I do have to admit though that even though the lights are just gorgeous on Cinderella’s Castle, I sort of like the intimacy of the Disneyland castle lighting ceremony/show – it’s all music and voice, no characters)

I can imagine DLR's castle lighting is adorable!

Then I headed over to the stage to see A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. This was sooo much fun! I wish I had seen it a second time! It is just goofy and the dancing is cool! A big fan! I will try to see it during the days before NYE when they reshow the MVMCP entertainment during the day.

YES!!! SUCH a fun show!!!

We then split up – I went down to Main street, where I got the Yule Log from Main Street Bakery. It was good, but very very rich!

meH7zLs.jpg

This is on my to-try list next time I find myself at MVMCP! When I went in 2016, the cookies were absolutely disgusting, and it looks like they haven't gotten much better :crazy2:

It sounds like despite your cold, you were able to get a nice evening at the party in! Hope you felt a little better the next day!

I need to remember to bring it to Tokyo and maybe I can get photos with the Aristocats!
I just found out that they don't meet in Paris. Which makes no sense!! But yes that sweater would be adorable with Marie!

I was lucky and able to find the lantern photo right before they opened the line, so I didn’t have a wait at all!
Oh these photos are super cute!

And a photopass stop
Haha cute magic shot!

Cookie was meh – too overprocessed for my tastes!
Sorry the cookies were such a strike out for you!

Though apparently I didn’t take a photo?
how dare you.gif
But this is a TR! How am I supposed to know what the pretzel looked like???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter