Are we there yet?!
Monday 14th April 2008

The Cast:

Me (Matt) 42, though young at heart!
DW (Claire) 41, and ditto
DS11 (Samuel), already a teenager!
DS9 (Tommy), daredevil coaster rider!
and Nanny!

Today we've decided to hit Epcot, as the other day we only did Soarin' due to being in World Showcase for most of the day. In my book, a full day in a park definitely needs a full breakfast so it's back to the Perkins we went to on our first full day, as we'd had such a good breakfast there. We are not let down, and we even get Caroline again, our server from last week. Food as follows:

Me: Meatlover's Scrambler (again!)
DW: Egg Classic
DS's: City Slicker
Nanny: Over 55's Egg Classic

Whilst Boma is my favourite Floridian breakfast by a country mile, I rate Perkins as the best off-site breakfast going, and we will definitely be going there more than once next time. $50 with drinks and tip.

So, to Epcot. Test Track is one of our favourite rides, so we head straight there and grab FP's whilst joining the (not very long) Standby line. Like Star Tours at DHS, Nanny decides to sit out the second ride, and we meet up with her in the "car showroom" at the end of the ride. We all enjoy trying out the various cars for size, and I have to say that, although I think cars of that size carbon footprint are a bit daft, having sat behind the wheel of a Hummer, I can really see what the attraction is!

I have NO idea who the young girl is in the rear seat!
Florida2008117.jpg

Like father, like son!
Florida2008116.jpg

Nanny's always wanted a Saab
Florida2008057.jpg

One day, lad!
Florida2008121.jpg

From Test Track we head over to Spaceship Earth, where there is a reasonable queue, but nothing too excessive. I like this ride. Nothing over the top, but an enjoyable lesson in Communications history. Nemo & Friends is next, and we all absolutely LOVE the seagulls outside (Mine, Mine, Mine!). Like Spaceship Earth, this another relaxing ride, and very cleverly done. I have to buy myself a mug with the seagulls on, and DS11 buys a tee-shirt with the same design. In keeping with our new, relaxed approach, next up is Living With The Land, which again is very informative as well as enjoyable.

Florida2008122.jpg

Journey Into Imagination is next. Now, I remember doing this last time round, and I thought I remembered enjoying it. I certainly wasn't expecting what we actually got, and I'm SURE it was different last time. I know a lot of people reckon It's A Small World is the worst ride at Disney but, for me, it's this. Much as I love Eric Idle, this is just daft. Strike this off the list for 2010! Fortunately, there are no such problems with Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I love ALL the 3-D shows in the parks, and this is a good as any of the others (actually, ITTBAB is probably me favourite, but this and Philharmagic are VERY close behind).

We're all starting to flag a bit, so we decide to take a Monorail ride all the way round so Nanny can get a different perspective on things. Having set off from Epcot and arrived back there, we all agree that enough's enough for today, and we head on out to Logan's Roadhouse for tea. I'd really liked the look of this place on its website, and had read some very favourable reviews on here, so I'm really looking forward to this. It doesn't disappoint, and the kids love the bucket of peanuts to chuck around, err, I mean, to eat. Having had warm bread rolls to start off with, we then order:

Me: Teryaki Steak
DW: Pick 3 Starter (as a main course)
DS11 Burger
DS9: Popcorn Shrimp
Nanny: Shrimp Trio

$60 with drink and tip, well worth the money!

That's about it for today. Nanny flies home tomorrow!

Another great day at Epcot.

It's funny how people's taste's in rides are so vastly different...I like IASW and I love Living with the Land...I detest Honey I Shrunk the Audience though :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter