And here comes round three

ouch, I feel your pain, we lived in Toledo Ohio for 4 years when I was a kid, talk about culture/temperature shock moving from middle Georgia up north. We only owned sweaters for winter. As far as convincing DH to move, good luck. I have been begging honey to move for years because although I'm a southern girl I dislike the actual town/area we live in and am ready to move either to Florida or out west. No go, he is firmly stuck right here, in his defense he is in business for himself and this is where his customers are but in my defense, he works 98%of the time from home so if he has an internet connection he can work anywhere. I have 80% convinced him to buy a 5th wheel so we can compromise.

I’ve lived here my entire life BUT having to bundle little people up and drag them out in that kind of weather, and all the illness and yuck the cold brings to boot is just cringe worthy for me! Haha.

My DH is self employed as well but he’s in the commercial construction field and has a great business here - so I can totally appreciate his hesitation. He’d be more likely to move south seasonally I think (and at this point I’d take what I could get!) Maine has beautiful summers and falls at least.

I am over this winter too. Last storm we got 6 inches, this one we are also in the 14+ zone. I walk to/from the commuter rail for both work & home and I hate the sidewalks getting slippery again! Makes the commute so tough! And for me, work/home is Boston/North Shore. Spring cannot come soon enough for me!

12-15 inches predicted for us. Outside of Boston. I’m one of the few people excited for it as it is extending our ski season!

I really feel for you guys and I'm from Michigan where snow and snowstorms are the norm thru mid April, I swear!! :cold:

I think it is interesting that our district blew through their snow days(only one was really necessary) and today, hardly any called off. It's supposed to worsen during the day so dismissal should be a BLAST.

...Good thing I have walkers. ;)

Watching snow come down from my window right now. Last I saw we were on the line of 10-12 and 12-18 (depending which news weather map you look at). We are just outside of Boston - on the South Shore. So happy I can say we are going to Florida next month!

Blizzard town here on old Cape Cod. Heavy. Wet. Snow. Power situation not promising, lights already blinking on and off. This thing has just started; the worst is yet to come. UGH. :crazy2:

We are just about done with the 2 inches of icy snow. Now 30 to 40 winds, so cool. Was 34 while snowing, and will be in the low 20's overnight, so icy streets are us for the next couple of days.

Stay safe and warm those North of us.

Yeah, spring, will be here in a week, and a salt truck was seen this morning. Stores are trying so hard to have Spring stuff, but shovels, salt, and winter stuff is still on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter