And at Last I See...Walt Disney World! A May/June 2017 PTR *New TR Link 7/4*

the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
And at Last I See...Walt Disney World!
A May/June 2017 Pre-Trip Report

Hello, all, and welcome to my PTR!! This "graduation extravaganza", as I like to call it, has been in the works for a long time, and I am beyond excited to share the planning part of it with y'all! So now, let's get on with the show!

First up, of course, is our lovely cast for this magical trip.

Me, Lindsey
I'm a 17 year-old Disney fanatic. My parents took me to WDW for the first time when I was 3.

This will be my 10th trip to WDW. My favorite Disney character is Tinker Bell (hence my username :) )

My mom, Amy (2Monkeys here on the DIS)
My mom is the original Disney fanatic in our family--we often joke that she had no idea what kind of monster she was creating when she took me for the first time. ;)

This will be her 15th trip to WDW, and her favorite character is Mickey Mouse.

My aunt, Andrea
Andrea is my mom's sister (I know, they don't look anything alike ;) ) She's not much of a planner, so she's kind of left everything to me and Mom. This will be her 7th trip to WDW, and her favorite character is Minnie Mouse.

My cousin, Kelsey
Kelsey & I are six months apart in age and have been best friends since day one! She's also graduating this year, and we've been planning to take our senior trip together since we were 12 or 13. This will be her 3rd trip to WDW, and her favorite characters are Simba and Belle.

That's us! I'll do a more detailed intro with some more favorites for the TR, but for now, you have a general idea of who we are. :)

Last edited:
Our Plan

Because I'm a little late to the game with getting this PTR started, we already have a pretty solid plan in place. in fact, we've already made our ADRs and everything:D Quite honestly, though, the fact that we DO have that much done just makes me really excited!

Day 1: Road trip! :car: Drive all the way to Orlando & stay at the Double Tree Inn near Disney Springs

Day 2: House of Blues Gospel Brunch at 10:30am; check into Royal Pacific; Universal Islands of Adventure

Day 3: Universal Studios

Day 4: Check out of Royal Pacific; Universal Studios and/or Islands of Adventure; drive to WDW & check into Pop; Chef Mickey's at 7:30pm

Day 5: Magic Kingdom! Be Our Guest at 5:05pm

Day 6: Rest day--pool/Disney Springs/Boardwalk; Beaches & Cream at 7:00pm

Day 7: Epcot; Via Napoli at 1:30pm

Day 8: Animal Kingdom; Tusker House at 10:10am; spend the afternoon at the pool

Day 9: Magic Kingdom; Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:05amprincess:

Day 10: Hollywood Studios:smickey:

Day 11: Blizzard Beach

Day 12: Magic Kingdom; Kona Cafe at 2:00pm

Day 13: Check out of Pop; Disney Springs for shopping/lunch; drive to Tallahassee

Day 14: Drive the rest of the way home:sad:

That's what we've got! Our next step is to make our FP+ selections in late March (which Mom and I have already been talking about :rolleyes:). I can't believe we're less than 5 months away!

I've slowly been collecting shirts to wear on this extravaganza. Fun fact--this is the longest trip EVER for me! So, of course, I've bought a lot of shirts. I'll try to get some pictures of them together to include with these plans. Where are some of YOUR favorite places to find Disney gear??

Last edited:
I've slowly been collecting shirts to wear on this extravaganza. Fun fact--this is the longest trip EVER for me! So, of course, I've bought a lot of shirts. I'll try to get some pictures of them together to include with these plans. Where are some of YOUR favorite places to find Disney gear??
I've found that Hot Topic has a pretty awesome Disney section of shirts, dresses and skirts. Decently made and a wide variety of designs. Also check out Amazon they have some fun ones. If you want anything customized, go to Etsy, they have so many different vendors who will make what you want, be it ears, t-shirts, or even stickers! Just make sure that the delivery time for an Etsy order will get it to you before your trip. They average at about 6 weeks depending upon the item and the seller.

I've found that Hot Topic has a pretty awesome Disney section of shirts, dresses and skirts. Decently made and a wide variety of designs. Also check out Amazon they have some fun ones. If you want anything customized, go to Etsy, they have so many different vendors who will make what you want, be it ears, t-shirts, or even stickers! Just make sure that the delivery time for an Etsy order will get it to you before your trip. They average at about 6 weeks depending upon the item and the seller.

I LOVE Hot Topic--several of the tanks I have from previous trips are from there! Thanks for reading along :)

Joining in! What a fun (and long) trip you have planned! Can't wait to hear more :)

I agree about Hot Topic; I also seem to have good luck finding shirts at Target and Walmart!

Joining in! What a fun (and long) trip you have planned! Can't wait to hear more :)

I agree about Hot Topic; I also seem to have good luck finding shirts at Target and Walmart!

Thanks for joining in! This is definitely my longest trip ever, which is very exciting! Thanks for the suggestions :)

Real Life Update 1.20.17

Hi there! Unfortunately, I don't have anything new to add as far as trip planning things go. :( BUT, since my RL update is Disney related, I thought I would share here.

200-2.gif

Allow me to explain. I'm a competitive dancer by day, and a Disney-lover by, well, always ;) Every year, my dance studio does a big "musical theater" production number for our end-of-the-year recital. And, no, we don't actually sing (there is a reason we are dancers after all :rotfl:) Anyways, about a month ago, we found out that our theme for this year's musical theater number is Peter Pan. :tink::cool1:

Naturally, I was over the moon about this. :banana: Each year, the competition team is given the big roles in the number, so I was incredibly anxious to find out what part I was going to play this year. Last year I was Glinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz--or I was until I broke my foot four weeks before recital.:sad1: But I'm not upset about that or anything...

200-3.gif

Anywho...Last week my coach called my team together to finally reveal the roles for this year's dance. And much to my surprise and complete joy, I get to play Tinker Bell!! :cool1::cheer2::tinker:

200-4.gif

I am so beyond excited that I have the opportunity to play my favorite Disney character of all time during my last dance recital! There couldn't be a more perfect way for me to end my competitive dance days.

That's all I have for now--just wanted to share my fun Disney news. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
:wave:

Last edited:

Following along from my TR! Sounds like y'all have everything planned out already and very yummy restaurant choices!

I have ordered a few online from Happily Ever After Tees. I also search Poshmark for a deal. And I LOVE Playitbyears on etsy for my custom Vera ears!

I am so beyond excited that I have the opportunity to play my favorite Disney character of all time during my last dance recital! There couldn't be a more perfect way for me to end my competitive dance days.
Ahh very exciting! Congratulations!

Following along from my TR! Sounds like y'all have everything planned out already and very yummy restaurant choices!

Thanks for joining in!! :)

I have ordered a few online from Happily Ever After Tees. I also search Poshmark for a deal. And I LOVE Playitbyears on etsy for my custom Vera ears!

Thank you for the suggestions! I've been looking for a place to find custom ears, so I'll have to look into it :)

Ahh very exciting! Congratulations!

That's very exciting! Congrats!

Thank y'all so much!! I am beyond excited!!! :tink:

BREAKING NEWS!

So, Mom and I have been planning and talking and planning and talking about this graduation trip basically non-stop (to the point that it’s driving my little brother absolutely nuts). But, we’ve both been really stressed out lately with different things going on at school, work, etc. So couple nights ago, Mom nonchalantly says “We should just go to Disney World.” Naturally, she was kidding, but she should have known better.

I don’t kid about Disney World.

So, I started researching. I found incredible deals at offsite hotels for my birthday weekend. I talked to Mom. She shook her head and said “Talk to your dad.”

So I did. I showed him my research. I begged. I pleaded. But it was all worth it, because. . .

I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now you may be thinking “Well, duh, that’s kind of why you’re writing a PTR.” Well, my friends, I am not talking about this summer. I am talking about next weekend! That’s right, my fellow DISers, I leave for the Happiest Place on Earth in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!:cool1::banana:

giphy-2.gif

This trip will be a rather quick one, but, hey, time in WDW is time in WDW. Mom and I will drive down Thursday, do Disney on Friday and Saturday, and drive home Sunday.

The best part? I get to be in WDW on my 18th birthday!!! :bday:

Right now, our plan is to do DHS on Friday and MK on Saturday. I’ll write a short TR for this whirlwind adventure once I get back and will post the link here.

Am I insane? Probably. Am I excited? ABSOLUTELY!:cheer2:

I mean, I’m going to Disney World, after all. :bitelip:

Hi there! That's so exciting that you're going to Disney for a 14 day trip!! Also that you get to be Tink! AND that you're going to Disney VERY SOON as well!!!
Ahh so much happiness in one PTR :love:

PTR Within a PTR

Hey there! So after my exciting announcement about my spur-of-the-moment trip, I’ve decided to do a small PTR within this PTR. So, here we go!

WHO: Mom and me

WHAT: Girls Trip #3

WHEN: THIS WEEKEND:woohoo:

WHERE: WDW, of course!

WHY: My 18th birthday celebration!:bday:

Mom and I booked our hotel a couple of nights ago. Thanks to Mom’s Hilton Honors points, we were able to get three nights at the Hilton Double Tree near MCO for less than $100!!! This was even less than what I had promised my dad we could get it for. ;) Our plan is as follows:

THURSDAY: Drive to Orlando; Disney Springs for dinner and shopping

FRIDAY: Hollywood Studios:smickey:

SATURDAY: Magic Kingdom; Crystal Palace at 1:30pmpooh:

SUNDAY: Drive home:sad:

I am all too aware that our plan is completely insane, but I am SO excited! I seriously think I have barely stopped smiling since we decided we were going to go. Hopefully, Mom and I will get our tickets and fast passes squared away later today or tomorrow. I’ll be sure to post an update once we do!:thumbsup2

Hello all! In the midst of writing the TR for my crazy birthday weekend trip, I'm afraid I have neglected this PTR. So sorry! We are getting SO close to this graduation extravaganza, and I am SO SO SO EXCITED!! Mom and I have been talking a lot about our FP+, which we will book at the end of March. One of the things that we realized was that we have 6 park days planned but only a 5-day ticket. So, we're not going to book any FPs for our AK day, with the thinking that those will be the easiest to get the day of. As of right now, this is what we're thinking:

Ticket Day 1: MK

ADR--Be Our Guest 5:05pm
FP+ -- 7DMT, Space, Mickey's M&G

We're hoping to be able to book all of our FP+ after lunchtime but before 4:30. That way we'll have time in the park to get more after we use the first 3. We're planning to ride PPF at rope drop, so that we can see the interactive queue without the long wait.

Ticket Day 2: Epcot

ADR--Via Napoli 1:30pm
FP+ -- FEA, Mission:Space, Character Spot

Our plan is to ride either Soarin' or Test Track (or maybe both) at rope drop, and try to get a same-day FP for the other.

Ticket Day 3: MK

ADR--CRT 8:05am
FP+ -- Space, BTMRR, Splash

Our hope is to book Splash for around noon or so to give us plenty of time to dry and not be miserable all day. We're also thinking we will rush to 7DMT for rope drop right after breakfast.

Ticket Day 4: DHS

No ADR this day.
FP+ -- TSMM, ToT, and either VotLM or ST

Ticket Day 5: MK

ADR--Kona 2pm
FP+ -- 7DMT, BTMRR, Space

I apologize for this post being so text-heavy. I'm not sure when my next update will be, but there will definitely be one when we book our FPs!

Hope everyone has a magical weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter