Anabella or Hawthorn Suites-Hotel Help for April Trip to DL

MajorCarter

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm new to this board and just thought I'd say "thank you" for all the great stories, tips, etc...what a help!

I'm trying to decide on a hotel for our trip in April, and can't seem to make up my mind. Has anyone stayed at the newly renovated Anabella Hotel? They're billing it as "lavish" but I can't find a single thing on the net from someone who's been there (reopened March, 2001). Their rate is 149.00 for a 2 bedroom family "bungalow" suite w/courtyard. This is tempting: I have a one year old son and it would be nice (not to mention *less stressful* to put him in his crib and close the door :^) AND my eight year old daughter would love having her own room. The Anabella is on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive. How far would a walk to Disneyland be?

I'm also considering Hawthorn Suites, which has a great price of 79.00 (including hot buffet breakfast)and a shuttle that runs as early as 6:30 a.m. Any comments on that one?

Thanks a alot

I stayed at Hawthorne Suites last January. I had been quoted a $99 rate over the phone as a AAA discount, but found a coupon book on my way to Disneyland offering a $49 rate! I then phoned and changed my ressie from Holiday Inn to Hawthorne Suites, and was quite happy with it.

It is set up similar to Embassy Suites or Quality Suites -- two rooms (one bathroom) -- there was a hot breakfast but oddly, there were no breakfast meats - just eggs (kind of powdery tasting), pancakes, muffins and bagels and cereal. But for the wonderful rate we got, I was thrilled! There were 2 adults in our group and 2 children.

Overall, I was quite happy with the hotel. The front desk personnel were friendly and we bought the "3 days for the price of 2 days" DL passes there, and the shuttle ran frequently as well. There was ample parking. There weren't really any close-by restaurants but I had a car, so that was not a problem.

Have a *Magical* time!

p.s. I too am interested in the other hotel you mentioned, but am waiting to see feedback as to how it truly is.

Thanks a lot, GracieB. I wish I had your coupon! :^)

I'm a breakfast person, so those powdery eggs really sound awful. I called Hawthorn Suites and asked about their buffet--apparently, they've now added sausage--but those eggs...I don't know.

Thanks again the info!

You might want to investigate the Desert Inn & Suites, which (so I'm told) is right across the street from Disneyland. I've read some good reports about it on the web (specifically Mouseplanet.com).

Here's a link with hotel reviews:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/2_dl/dl_offsite.htm

<font color=blue>
<font face="Alaska">"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
<font color=maroon>
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00 </font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter