An update since I sort of dissappeared Update 7/20 w/pics

joyah

living on the funny farm
dads in a holding pattern at the moment not getting worse but not better enough to have liquids yet so the last time he ate was 7 am on thurs, he's actually hungery but until the distention is going done and he passes gas or true stool no food. they we hoping for liquids today but no such luck. that means we're at at least monday before he comes home.
the abcess is a diverticulum that most older people get somehow this one got blocked filled with fecal matter and burst into and abcess in a matter of days.
the major problem is he does not appear sick other than his white blood cell count. But all 3 dr. (we're talking chief of surgery to 5 year residents) have all said that if all they had to go on was his CT scan he'd have been in the OR having part of the colon removed.

On a happy note we picked up the Puppy today. Bailey is not a bluetick but she NEEDED us. If I can figure out how to post pics of her I will shortly have to make dinner. Our other dog is not totally impressed but he's 8 he'll get over it.
Off to dinner hope everyone had a great day I'll try to do some catch up reading tonight.

Christy,
I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Hope things are better real soon.

quick update on dad
Things are looking better they will be starting him on liquids today He's thinking food and wanted mom to bring him apples, pears, rasberries and of all things chocolate milk. then he called her back to cancel the order when the nurse told him only liquids today, poor guy hasn't eaten in over 3 days.
Working on the upload of pictures to walgreens then will attempt the posting of pics. I've never done it before.

Sorry to hear about your dad- I hope he is on food soon- even when he is it is normally soft food first and then others.

Rebecca

How is dad doing this evening?
Hope he is doing well... At least he is wanting fruits..they do wonders for the system! ;)

He's doing better still only liquids but abcess is draining more and nothing with the system, Dr is wondering if there is a dead part of the colon but really hoping that is not the case because that would mean a temporary colostomy then a reattacment at a later date.

Still trying to figure out how to upload from walgreens any want to give me dummy intructions?

I am glad Dad is feeling a little better. Continued thoughts for further recovery. :goodvibes

I'm glad your dad is doing better.

To post pictures they need to be a hosting server. Does Walgreen's have a server? I've only used them through shutterfly.

AWM They must not have a server even though they are somehow connected to shutterfly. I'll figure it out maybe.

Prayers are working THANK YOU ALL!!! One of the nurses was looking at some of the films with mom and she doesn't see anything up there like an impaction. while he still has a long road ahead hopefully we are getting to the bottem of this one. He will require surgey to remove part of the colon at a later date.

just wanted you to know i was thinking of you and your family this morning Christy. hope Dad is still feeling better today.
:hug:

Day started out great for dad they fed him breakfast and the day went down hill from there. He's back on liquids only and they are still hoping to aviod anymore surgery right off the bat. He knee surgon came in and told him to not worry abt the knees get this over with, his wife had the same thing and so he knows first hand what a pain.

IMG_1081.jpg

This is Bailey We believe she is a Redtick(English Coonhound).
IMG_1082-1.jpg

Oh, your poor Dad. I hope today is a better day for him and the docs are able to get things under control.

Your new puppy is so cute!

She looks part German Shorthair pointer
ehp.jpg

GermanShorthairPointerSadie2years.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers and Pixie Dust he gets well soon!

AWM We thought so to at first (and still might be) her hazel eyes are what are leading us to redtick. the person we got her from said she was told she was a bluetick but she knew that was wrong. We're waiting to hear from one of the guys tom used to hunt with. He has mostly walkers but hunts with a bunch of guys that have all different breeds. she definately has the hound baying :eek: 2:30 this am something set her off. She also like manure as have all our other hounds. SO the verdict is out till we get some other opinions.

On the dad front NOT good they took him in for another CAT scan at 10 I'm waiting on mom to call and I doubt she will tonight. I think the options for the Drs are running out. A perfectly healthy guy now is going to be VERY weak and have a mental toll taken on him.
Sorry I haven't been around much I'm reading as much as I can but not commenting much. On top of everything else the last few days of heat and the garden has taken off. so now I'm canning up a storm.

Christy,
I'm sending you lots of prayers, thoughts, love, hugs and pixie dust for dad. Hope they get it all straightened out soon and he starts feeling better. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter