An Unbiased First Timers Dining Report- Short but Sweet!--COMPLETE December!!!

PhonePics510.jpg

The cookies were doughy and very sweet! They were pretty good. The nice thing is that they give you apple slices as a snack too. I didn't know that before. I didn't finish my cookie because I was SOOO Full from dinner!!!

SUGAR COOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a reason to revisit Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party. :goodvibes That looks so much better than the ones I've partaken of in Christmas Parties past.

I'm enjoying your review - please continue!

I have been wondering though - unless I misunderstood there are 2 of you, why are you objecting to being seated at a two top? :confused3

Sugar cookie looks fabulous - I'm glad to see Disney went back to fresh cookies....the prepackaged ones were blech! :)

Really enjoying your reviews-- unfortunately, about the two-tops, when there's only two of you, it really just makes sense for Disney to seat you there! Just a way to get the people in and out as quickly as possibly!

Enjoying your reviews so far! We felt the same way on our last trip to Crystal Palace. We loved it the first time but were very disappointed the last time we went.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

Great reviews! I really like the look of Ohana dinner. :)
It was AH-mazing!!!!!

Can you purchase the mugs ... I don't think that they come with our Dining Plan?
No they don't. I think they come with the Quick Service Dining Plan. They are about $13 per mug I think

SUGAR COOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a reason to revisit Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party. :goodvibes That looks so much better than the ones I've partaken of in Christmas Parties past.
They were pretty good!

I'm enjoying your review - please continue!

I have been wondering though - unless I misunderstood there are 2 of you, why are you objecting to being seated at a two top? :confused3

Sugar cookie looks fabulous - I'm glad to see Disney went back to fresh cookies....the prepackaged ones were blech! :)

I didn't even know they used to use pre packaged. Glad I got a fresh one.

I guess the only real problem for 2 tops is for the buffets. We never had enough room at our table. And Le Cellier and GFC it felt like we were just thrown in there and were almost on top of another table. I don't mind 2 tops I just wished there was a little bit room on the table. Cape May and Crystal Palace we were in a good spot just still not enough room. The good thing is for 2 tops I think you get in faster if you only have two because a majority of people come with more than 2. We always checked in before our reso and were always sat right on time or before.:)

Really enjoying your reviews-- unfortunately, about the two-tops, when there's only two of you, it really just makes sense for Disney to seat you there! Just a way to get the people in and out as quickly as possibly!

Yeah i know. There just wasn't enough room at buffets. Oh well! Thats the life I guess. Thanks for reading!

Great review so far!!!! I know this is silly - but my CS goal is to only get chicken nuggets once per trip and no burgers!

I'm picky like your DH. I just discovered Sunshine Seasons and loved it!!!! I also LOVE OHANA's. Chris always says the peel and eat shrimp are worth the effort, but I never eat them out of sheer laziness!!! I'm loving your DR so far!

We always contemplate Crystal Palce but never go, maybe when we have kids. The buffets just never impress me.

And I know what you mean about the two top. You are either sitting on top of someone else... and depending on where you eat there is not enough room for your plates.

Don't know if this is protocall but I received my PhotoPass CD in the mail today :cool1: and I wanted to share some pictures of the days that already happened.
Ohana Day (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)
DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD039.jpg

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD016.jpg

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD011.jpg

Crystal Palace Day (Magic Kingdom with MVMCP)
DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD094.jpg

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD084.jpg

By the way I just booked my next trip for June. We are going for my sister's graduation. Can't wait to do a dining trip. Except my sister is picking out the restaurants because it is to celebrate her graduation and she is picking yucky restaurants out...

This is a non dining post but I promise I will update tonight with a dining post. Minnesota got 15 inches of snow today so I have been baking all day and uploading pictures to my computer.

Good reviews! Look forward to reading more! popcorn::

Thank you!

Great review so far!!!! I know this is silly - but my CS goal is to only get chicken nuggets once per trip and no burgers!

I'm picky like your DH. I just discovered Sunshine Seasons and loved it!!!! I also LOVE OHANA's. Chris always says the peel and eat shrimp are worth the effort, but I never eat them out of sheer laziness!!! I'm loving your DR so far!

We always contemplate Crystal Palce but never go, maybe when we have kids. The buffets just never impress me.

And I know what you mean about the two top. You are either sitting on top of someone else... and depending on where you eat there is not enough room for your plates.

I can honestly say I have never had Disney chicken nuggets. I don't think my boyfriend has either but he likes chicken nuggets. He gets like grilled chicken sandwhich a lot or rotisserie chicken. I think this trip he ventured out a little bit. Yes, wait until you have kids for Crystal Palace. I didn't really care for the characters but I thought I really liked the meal but it wasn't that good this time.

Corey had pizza and breadsticks and from what I know he liked it. He was pretty embarassed of me taking pictures of food in the beginning so I had to sneak pictures in so that is why I don't have a lot in the beginning.

You should not feel bad about the pictures. I am quite sure that by now the restaurant staff and, probably the diners are used to the picture taking. You are doing a great job. Keep going.:)

Now onto Epcot for our Full Day.

We don't really do breakfast ever so didn't have breakfast today.

For lunch we went to Sunshine Seasons.

I had the Asian Side and had the spicy chicken with the noodles and broccoli.
PhonePics541.jpg

The noodles were good. The chicken was really not good! It looked and tasted like pork, which i thought was weird. It also was not spicy. It said it was supposed to be spicy but it was not spicy at all. The broccoli was okay but should have been cooked a little bit more.

Corey had some turkey and cheese deli sandwich which was HUGE!!! He took off the peppers that were on the sandwich and he said he liked it without the peppers. His meal came with potato salad, which was not your typical potato salad. I tried a bite of it and did NOT like it at all. It was not a mayo based salad it was an oil based and had a funky flavor.

For dessert I had the
PhonePics542.jpg

Tiramisu....It was NOT good. I regret getting it, I wish I would have got the Pumpkin Creme Brulee. The bread part was soaked in liquid and it was very watery!

Corey had the

PhonePics543.jpg

Chocolate Mousse Cake. It was very good, huge, and very rich!!

Now onto Epcot Snacks. We do love to snack and I used like 3 snack credits this day! Haha

I started with a Radeburger Pilsner.
PhonePics554.jpg

One word...NASTY!! I threw away after taking 3 sips. I tried to like it but just didn't. It tasted like rubbing alcohol. I went to Germany about two years and really liked their beer, but this was just gross..Sucks because I spent almost 7 dollars on it.

They have a new Christmas Market in Germany (at least it said it was new on the Map) and they serve German beer and a Christmas wine (Gluhwein). Here is the menu.
PhonePics552.jpg

To get the nasty beer taste out of my mouth I had a Kaki Gori!
PhonePics564.jpg

This is my all time favorite snack at Disney World, especially on a hot day. I get the honeydew melon flavor. I could tell they premade the ice because it was in chunks as if it melted a little bit. Oh well, still good!!

We then went to Karamell Kuche.

PhonePics558.jpg

I loved this chocolate covered strawberry. So juicy and good chocolate.

Corey had a dark chocolate covered marshmallow stick with caramal drizzle.
PhonePics557.jpg

He loved it! He even took his own food picture and sent it to his mom!

Random pictures of the cases at Karamell Kuche. This is such a great addition to the World Showcase!!!
PhonePics556.jpg

PhonePics555.jpg

I also tried a Grey Goose Citron Slushie!!! SOOOO good!!! Corey does not drink alcohol and he even thought this was good. Tasted like freshly squeezed lemondade with a hint of vodka. Not overpowering at all.

PhonePics570.jpg

Dinner was Le Cellier. I was soo excited that I got this reservation. I got an email from the November Cancelled Thread and as soon as I saw it, I booked it!!

I had the Mushroom Filet Mignon (sorry no picture). One word- incredible! The truffle butter sauce was what made this dish. The risotto was really good too. I ordered medium and it was more like medium rare and the woman next to me sent hers back because it was not done enough so if you are unsure of the temp, go up. A lot of people on here mention the saltiness of their meals and they are right it is salty but I didn't think it was too salty but I probabaly use too much salt everyday. It definitely didn't make the meal bad, though.

Corey had the New York Strip and he really liked his.

Oh yeah, forget to mention the soup!! I tried a cup of the Cheese Soup and it was very good! Now i know why everyone raves about it. I dipped the pretzel in the soup like everyone says but I didn't think it was good like that. They are both too good(the soup and pretzel) and need to be enjoyed separately! The pretzel bread was amazing!!! The other two breads were not good at all! If you go just ask for pretzel bread. That is what I will be doing next.

This was my second favorite meal of the trip but the only reason it wasn't number 1 is because of the dessert. I think they need to revamp their dessert menu. I had the Maple Creme Brulee.

PhonePics577.jpg

I didn't like this Creme Brulee and I like all dessert. It was warm and very soft. I like creme brulee hard and cold. The flavor was good but it needed to have a different texture.

Corey had the Smores.

PhonePics576.jpg

He said his dessert was "allright". The presentation was cool but that's about it.

Overall, I have come to the conclusion le Cellier is NOT over rated. It was so good. My entree was unbelievable, the soup and pretzel bread was very good. The dessert was not good though.

The total was $101 for 2 Diet Cokes, Cheese Soup Cup, Creme Brulee, Mushroom Filet, NY Strip, and Smores. What a good deal with the dining plan. We paid $100 to upgrade from Quick Service to Basic Dining Plan so this meal alone was the cost to upgrade.
Our server was Jillian, and she was the best server.

After that we went to Candlight Processional with 20 minutes before the show and were able to get in right away and we got the PERFECT seats!!!! They opened up reserved seating and we rushed to get one of those and were smack dab in the middle! I wanted to stay for Illuminations but I was so cold so we went back to the hotel.

OH YEAH, gosh I am so forgetful. I also got fresh Caramel Corn from Karamell Kuche. The BEST caramel corn ever, so soft, not crunchy at all.

Some PhotoPass Pics from this day.

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD119.jpg

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD104.jpg

DisneyWorldPhotoPassCD116.jpg

I don't know if the tree is supposed to look like this but I think the middle set of lights were out!! They should have fixed that, it looks bad.

I'm really enjoying your reviews...thanks for posting :santa: Your Photopass pictures are great. Our were terrible from our last trip. We looked exhausted and pale in every one. :sad2:

Great reviews!! We have a reservation at Le Cellier over the Christmas holiday. Hopefully we will make it this time. :goodvibes

Joining in and enjoying your Food reviews.
We went to LeCellier for our first time and we were surprised it was really good. I had the soup too and I didn't like the soup and preztel together...I liked eating it separately. I got the same dish as you and I loved it. I'm glad we tried it and we had a great experience. You did great taking pictures of the food. I tried to do that but with a 5 yr old and I was always ready to dig in. I have to try to do my first Food review...got back 2 days ago, trying to do laundry, I have to get holiday stuff around and still buy presents. I'm trying to do photopass editting so I can order it before Christmas and do holiday cards :scared1:

just caught up with your reviews and your photopass pictures are lovely :goodvibes

You have your Christmas Card picture sorted !!

I can't wait to go to Karamell Kuche :cool1:

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier-- Sunshine Seasons looks really good, sorry the chicken wasn't great.

I'm really enjoying your reviews...thanks for posting :santa: Your Photopass pictures are great. Our were terrible from our last trip. We looked exhausted and pale in every one. :sad2:

Haha thanks, but I feel like a fat pig in every single picture!!

Great reviews!! We have a reservation at Le Cellier over the Christmas holiday. Hopefully we will make it this time. :goodvibes

I hope so too! It was really good.

Joining in and enjoying your Food reviews.
We went to LeCellier for our first time and we were surprised it was really good. I had the soup too and I didn't like the soup and preztel together...I liked eating it separately. I got the same dish as you and I loved it. I'm glad we tried it and we had a great experience. You did great taking pictures of the food. I tried to do that but with a 5 yr old and I was always ready to dig in. I have to try to do my first Food review...got back 2 days ago, trying to do laundry, I have to get holiday stuff around and still buy presents. I'm trying to do photopass editting so I can order it before Christmas and do holiday cards :scared1:

Don't you just love Christmas!? Haha...I jut made cookies this weekend because it snowed 17 inches in Minneapolis! But I haven't gone shopping yet and am in the process of sending out cards. Good luck!!

just caught up with your reviews and your photopass pictures are lovely :goodvibes

You have your Christmas Card picture sorted !!

I can't wait to go to Karamell Kuche :cool1:

Haha, that is funny because a Magic Kingdom pic is our Christmas Card!

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier-- Sunshine Seasons looks really good, sorry the chicken wasn't great.

Thats okay it was still edible. I will mostly eat anything even if i don't like it that much. The only thing I couldn't finish was that nasty German beer!!

Now onto our Hollywood Studios Day!

Now this day we did actually have breakfast. I couldn't pass up Starring Rolls;)

I had the chocolate eclair filled with creme.
PhonePics597.jpg

Now that is YUMMY! It comes from the case so it is cold. Everything on this is the perfect consistency and the cold creme mixed with the pastry is so good!

Corey had the cinnamon roll.

PhonePics596.jpg

He said he liked his cinnamon roll, but nothing special.

I wanted to try Starring Rolls Banana Split. Has anyone had it??? It looks good.

For lunch we went to Pizza Planet!

PhonePics622.jpg

We got pepperoni pizza with a side caesar salad and Mickey Rice Krispie Treat! We always go to HS in the middle of the week so this pizza is such a much needed break from Chicken!!! The pizza is actually good. This pizza was a little watery but it still has a very good flavor and Disney's pizza dough is very good! The ceasar salad is really nice too. I love how the dressing is already mixed it.

The dessert is just a mickey rice krispy treat but I never get them during the week so it is nice to have for dessert here, and it isn't too sweet which is good.

Dinner Time!! We had a reservation at Cape May Cafe. Corey and I both love crab legs so we had a reservation at Captains Grille because I knew they had crab legs. Then I found out about Cape May buffet with the addition of Crab legs and switched it immediately!!:rotfl:

We got in right at time and got sat at a nice little booth hidden away.

I tried the salads first and the clam chowder.

PhonePics674.jpg

Everything on this plate was very good. There is a Cape May Salad with blue cheese and cranberries. I loved that salad. The fruit was good, the cous cous was good. And my personal favorite was the tomato and fresh mozzarella salad! I love anything with fresh mozarella. The soup was good but not outstanding.

Up next was the hot side.

PhonePics676-1.jpg

This has corn bread, Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and some other beef mixture.

Everything was okay besides the corn bread which was amazing! I love corn bread and that corn bread was perfect.

Next up the crab legs!!

PhonePics675.jpg

The main reason we came to this buffet plus some red skin potatoes. The red skin potatoes were good! I would prefer if they were sliced in a pan and buttered in a pan but they were cooked perfectly.

The crab legs here were not the best quality but they tasted fine. I would say about 50% of the meat came out fine (in one piece). I think I had 4 plates of crab legs and Corey said he had 14 claws!! We ate them out of crab legs!:rotfl2:

What I mean by not the best quality is that they were dirty(black and brown spots) and a lot of them were missing fingers. But like I said they tasted fine so that is all that matters.

Now time for dessert!

PhonePics678.jpg

This has raspberry cheesecake, flan, Oreo Bon Bons, and Key Lime Tarts.

The raspberry cheesecake tasted like nothing, I could not taste any raspberry. I thought i was going to love their raspberry cheesecake but it just didn't taste right. The Key Lime Tarts were good. The Flan was okay. But I didn't eat second of any of those desserts because I was filling up on the.....

PhonePics679.jpg

Oreo BON BONS!!!! These little beauties are SOOOO good!!! I had 5!!! I cut them open so you could see what they look like in the middle. They are so good. The coating is crunchy, the oreo is soft, and the creme filling is perfect. I would go back just for those.

We were joking that next time we come to WDW we are going to pretend like we are meeting someone and then on the way out sneak an Oreo Bon Bon because the dessert is right by the door.

I must have not taken a picture, but they have a lobster and cheese tortellini that was really good! That was the only other thing besides the crab and Oreo Bon Bons that I really enjoyed.

I would go back to Cape May next time. It was a good value, a really nice place, and good food.

Our server even said that when he comes there to eat he only gets Oreo Bon Bons and Crab Legs.

I lost my receipt for here:headache: but I think the total was around $70-$75. We only got Diet Cokes.

A helpful hint that I forgot to mention earlier-- At almost every counter service you get a receipt/coupon for 20% off at Emporium at MK, Mouse Gear at Epcot, Mickeys of Hollywood or Keystone Clothiers at HS, Island Mercantile at AK, or World of Disney at DTD. You can only use your coupon until Noon. I think this is a great deal! I used my coupon once and saved 14 dollars! If you plan on buying a lot of Disney merchandise try to use these coupons at only the stores listed. I am not sure how long they will be printing these coupons off for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter