An Overplanner Takes on WDW – Feb 2019 PTR now with bonus Aug trip (New TR linked 9/2))

I will love to hear how you guys like Blizzard Beach. I think we will more than likely skip it but do have 2 slots where we could go if we wanted.

You guys will probably do better at Typhoon Lagoon because everyone is over 48". Mine can't do the biggest slides yet and BB has more that isn't height restricted.

Also, I was at Trader Joe’s the other day and totally thought of you. I was thinking how funny it would be if we ran into each other there. It is bound to happen.

That would be hilarious. Although, without the kid carts, we're much less of a spectacle when we visit.

The MNSSHP wait-and-see game is my favorite and least favorite part of the year rolled into one lol. It's so exciting to wait to find out what's going to be new this year but also so hard to make plans until you find out!

It doesn't seem like too much if what we wanted to do (7D, Moana) has changed appreciably from last year. Only a couple more parties for people to report back and then it'll be our turn.

My morning coffee today was accompanied by videos of last night's MNSSHP parade and fireworks. Those new fireworks/projections (and Jack!!!) look wonderful -- so much fun coming your way (and so soon)!!!

It's getting so close. I'm really excited!! Also curious to see how long the kids last, as we've never tested their limits like this before. In March, we didn't do night shows until we had been there for several days and general Disney exhaustion had set in.

It's getting so close. I'm really excited!! Also curious to see how long the kids last, as we've never tested their limits like this before. In March, we didn't do night shows until we had been there for several days and general Disney exhaustion had set in.

I'm guessing it will help that you're doing a shorter trip, so not as much daily go-go-go in the parks (???). BB should be good for downtime just as much as fun water activity (it's the only WDW water park I've been to and such fun theming!). We've considered doing MVMCP this trip, but I don't think it would bode well for us in the context of a "typical" week-long WDW trip. Our girls are generally good about staying up late on occasion, but they are NOT good about balancing that out with chill time or, heaven forbid, sleeping in.

I'm guessing it will help that you're doing a shorter trip, so not as much daily go-go-go in the parks (???). BB should be good for downtime just as much as fun water activity (it's the only WDW water park I've been to and such fun theming!). We've considered doing MVMCP this trip, but I don't think it would bode well for us in the context of a "typical" week-long WDW trip. Our girls are generally good about staying up late on occasion, but they are NOT good about balancing that out with chill time or, heaven forbid, sleeping in.

Yeah, arrival day we're just hanging at Crescent Lake. Then, we'll do a HS morning and pool/DS afternoon. The next day is the Halloween party, with morning pool time and chef Mickey in the lead up. Since they'll only have 0.5 day of park time leading into the party, they'll want to take in as much as they possibly can. I'm thinking they'll make it to the fireworks, but the sitting to wait and watch will be when they realize how exhausted they are :-). Hubby and I are committed to staying through the midnight villain show even if we're pushing strollers full of sleeping kids :-)

I wouldn't have tried a party during a normal week long trip where burnout has time to take hold.

Yeah, arrival day we're just hanging at Crescent Lake. Then, we'll do a HS morning and pool/DS afternoon. The next day is the Halloween party, with morning pool time and chef Mickey in the lead up. Since they'll only have 0.5 day of park time leading into the party, they'll want to take in as much as they possibly can. I'm thinking they'll make it to the fireworks, but the sitting to wait and watch will be when they realize how exhausted they are :-). Hubby and I are committed to staying through the midnight villain show even if we're pushing strollers full of sleeping kids :-)

I wouldn't have tried a party during a normal week long trip where burnout has time to take hold.

That sounds like a perfect combo of activities!! And, I think your plan to stay for the villain show no matter what is spot-on...absolutely worth transporting sleeping kids (I'm excited for you that you're sticking around for it!).

Wow all caught up here!

Was funny reading how the August trip came up and how you had a quick one day July trip! (No report?!?)

You leave so soon for this Halloween trip and it looks so fun!! Enjoy!!

Wow all caught up here!

Was funny reading how the August trip came up and how you had a quick one day July trip! (No report?!?)

You leave so soon for this Halloween trip and it looks so fun!! Enjoy!!

Yeah, things escalated quickly on this trip.

I'll probably start my August TR with the July bonus day. I just wanted to get Feb/Mar done before next week.

The trip is so close (6 days)!!!!¡

Just read this whole pre trip report and gasped with delight and amazement the whole way through. Thank you for taking the time to share your research and tips and the hilarious one liners. We were there on the same days in Feb/March 2019 but aren’t going back until next year - I’m so excited for your upcoming August MnSshp trip!! This is really the perfect report for me as we have a five and a two year old and it’s not easy finding reports featuring kids of that age!

Just read this whole pre trip report and gasped with delight and amazement the whole way through. Thank you for taking the time to share your research and tips and the hilarious one liners. We were there on the same days in Feb/March 2019 but aren’t going back until next year - I’m so excited for your upcoming August MnSshp trip!! This is really the perfect report for me as we have a five and a two year old and it’s not easy finding reports featuring kids of that age!

Yay, glad you liked it. I hope you were able to get some good ideas from my planning. I know I grabbed a lot of stuff from reading reports featuring young kids as well.

Our August trip is 4 days and counting. I'm getting really psyched!

Almost There

Tomorrow is the big day! The girls woke up this morning screaming "One more sleep!" so they've been running at about a 14 out of 10 all day. Hubby took them to the park so I could pack in peace and the kids were apparently greeting everyone with, "We're going to Disney tomorrow."

Speaking of packing, I hate this last minute stuff. I have a good list, and have been putting aside things as we were done with them, but there was still so much that had to wait until the last minute. In Feb/March, I could have bathing suits and shorts packed weeks in advance, but not this time around. Of course, previously, I was flying Southwest so I had plenty of checked baggage allowance to work with. This time, we're going down carry-on-only with Delta, which means I've been stressing for a while wondering if we'd be able to fit it all in. Thank goodness for packing cubes! They are keeping our daily outfits organized and helped me get everything in there.

There was a small hiccup wherein we didn't get precheck despite Hubby having his global entry linked to his account, but the call center rep was able to add it on. Actually, all five of us got it when he made the change, so thanks Delta dude!

I'm getting really excited and nervous about our MNSSHP on Tuesday. The crowds vary so much, and I have no gauge for how long the kids will hang, so it feels like I'm going in with too many unknowns. Here's hoping the SWGE crowds won't have descended in time for the party on the 27th.

I have my (short) morning of packing and to-do list ready, airport parking is booked, Prime Now order is in: I think we're all set. This time tomorrow I'll be putting my friend's kids to bed at Beach Club while they enjoy their date night.

Almost There

Tomorrow is the big day! The girls woke up this morning screaming "One more sleep!" so they've been running at about a 14 out of 10 all day. Hubby took them to the park so I could pack in peace and the kids were apparently greeting everyone with, "We're going to Disney tomorrow."

Speaking of packing, I hate this last minute stuff. I have a good list, and have been putting aside things as we were done with them, but there was still so much that had to wait until the last minute. In Feb/March, I could have bathing suits and shorts packed weeks in advance, but not this time around. Of course, previously, I was flying Southwest so I had plenty of checked baggage allowance to work with. This time, we're going down carry-on-only with Delta, which means I've been stressing for a while wondering if we'd be able to fit it all in. Thank goodness for packing cubes! They are keeping our daily outfits organized and helped me get everything in there.

There was a small hiccup wherein we didn't get precheck despite Hubby having his global entry linked to his account, but the call center rep was able to add it on. Actually, all five of us got it when he made the change, so thanks Delta dude!

I'm getting really excited and nervous about our MNSSHP on Tuesday. The crowds vary so much, and I have no gauge for how long the kids will hang, so it feels like I'm going in with too many unknowns. Here's hoping the SWGE crowds won't have descended in time for the party on the 27th.

I have my (short) morning of packing and to-do list ready, airport parking is booked, Prime Now order is in: I think we're all set. This time tomorrow I'll be putting my friend's kids to bed at Beach Club while they enjoy their date night.
Have an amazing time! I am so excited for you and your family! Can't wait to read all about your adventure and photos of Snow White and company!
:dance3:

Have a fantastic trip! We can't wait to hear about it when you return!

Yay, hope you guys are enjoying yourselves! Can't wait to hear how the party goes. Reading the official party thread, I'm a little nervous for crowds as well. But, I'm sure you guys will still have a great time. You're really good at planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter