An Obsessive Planner's Spontaneous Last Minute Trip to WDW - A June 2019 TR Update 10/20

Wow, really impressive how everything sort of just fell into place!

At Pop Century though we could get a summer meal deal (one quick service meal per person per night). Not the greatest deal out there but better than nothing.

That's a pretty good deal, and Pop Century is pretty great! Hope you and your mom enjoyed it!

That landed us at around $300 Canadian per person. Very manageable!

That's not bad at all for so last minute!

I was satisfied with our fastpasses for the time being and knew that I would be obsessively checking the app to see if any of the big three opened up.

Again, pretty good FPs done on the fly!

At work that night I was able to get two of my co-workers to switch shifts with me so that gave me a little more time off when we got home from the trip so I wouldn't have to show up at work at 7am after arriving home at around 0230am. :laughing:

THat was really nice of them!

Wowsers, I was going through the ups and downs of whether you were going to Disney or not with you especially when the flight prices changed!

Although you didn’t get the big three FPs kudos on the ones you did get on such short notice :thumbsup2

My only concern with a last minute trip would be the packing aspect as I’m pretty sure I’d leave something behind but then most times I leave my packing till last minute anyway :laughing:

Yay on your work colleagues swapping shifts so you didn’t have to rush back to work on your return, especially with a midnight flight.

A rental car sounds good after the bus journey on your last trip with the air con being broken.

Looking forward to reading more :wizard:

I love how this worked out, not to bad at all! The FP choices are good for that close and how did you get a BoG lunch, very lucky!

Now you are telling my Disney brain, hey we can do a quick trip down once and awhile :rotfl:

Joining in. Being that spontaneous sounds both terrifying and delightful! Your FPs aren't too shabby, though. I can't wait to hear how it went.

Welcome! I've been reading through your TR, almost caught up. I've been loving it.

I was pretty happy with what I got and I knew no matter what we would be able to get at least one ride on all the major attractions.

Wow, what a story!! Such a fun, spontaneous thing to do-- I'm so glad everything worked out for you guys!!

It was fun. It was rather thrilling to do something so unlike ourselves. After this trip I have wondered if I would be able to putt of a spontaneous trip elsewhere. Not sure I could do that though, too much of a planner. I think with WDW we have been there so many times it was easier to just go because we are seasoned Disney parks guests. There is a certain comfort in knowing what you are getting yourself into.

This might be the most stressful start to a trip report! :rotfl2:
Can't wait to hear more!

:laughing: It was a little stressful trying to find the right flights etc. It was also really exciting though!

Wow what a whirlwind. How exciting to book a trip and then go just a couple of days later.

The whole time we kept saying "can you believe we are doing this?"

Following! And living vicariously through your spontaneous trip!

Glad to have you reading!

Wow, really impressive how everything sort of just fell into place!

We were really lucky that it all just sort of worked out. The real deal breaker would have been the flights. If they had been much higher it would have been a no go. I refuse to pay out the nose for a flight that I know I can usually get much cheaper.

THat was really nice of them!

It was super nice of them and it actually served a dual purpose. Switching allowed me a bit of time off once I got home and it also put me on night shift for four days in a row rather than my usual two days two nights. That was a nice break for me as I have been battling an injured shoulder since March and the nights shifts are a bit easier for me to manage and my shoulder doesn't ache as much by the end of the shift. The trip and the stretch of night shifts helped I think as I worked a day shift today and my shoulder hardly hurts at all. I just need to rest it which is of course impossible in this job.

Wowsers, I was going through the ups and downs of whether you were going to Disney or not with you especially when the flight prices changed!

I was convinced when I saw the price increase for the Westjet flight that the trip was not going to happen. Good thing I persevered in my search!

Although you didn’t get the big three FPs kudos on the ones you did get on such short notice :thumbsup2

Not too bad at all and I had full confidence that even if I didn't land fastpasses for those three that we would still manage to get on them.

My only concern with a last minute trip would be the packing aspect as I’m pretty sure I’d leave something behind but then most times I leave my packing till last minute anyway :laughing:

:laughing: I am a last minute packer too. It was definitely a good thing though that I keep all my Disney trip stuff together so I didn't have to run around looking for it.

Yay on your work colleagues swapping shifts so you didn’t have to rush back to work on your return, especially with a midnight flight.

Yes, thank goodness, I would have been a zombie if I had to work that morning of our return.

A rental car sounds good after the bus journey on your last trip with the air con being broken.

Oh yes, so lovely to have a car. I guess it is just what we have become used to.

I love how this worked out, not to bad at all! The FP choices are good for that close and how did you get a BoG lunch, very lucky!

We were lucky with BoG. I didn't even have to be persistent with it, the first search I did and there it was.

Now you are telling my Disney brain, hey we can do a quick trip down once and awhile :rotfl:

:laughing: I think you could pull it off as a seasoned park goer. I would not recommend it for somebody new to the parks but if you know your way around the parks and the system it is definitely doable!

Oh my gosh how fun!! Booking a last minute trip to WDW is definitely the stuff of many of my daydreams!! I can't wait to see how the trip turned out!

Now that I have done it once I may be in danger of giving into my daydreams more often!

Good for you to go last minute. We did a last minute I think Jan. 2013 and went In Feb. Our biggest mistake was getting there on Valentine’s Day and thinking we could find a place to eat. Plus it was a Friday night. We ended up at Bahama Mamma’s and a local couple took pity on us and asked us to join them outside on their table. Otherwise it was a 3 hour wait. Looking forward to reading how your trip went.

Have you ever been sitting at home wishing you were at Walt Disney World instead? Have you ever wished that you could just run away to Disney for a few days?
Yes and yes!
This trip was booked 1 1/2 days before we arrived so there was no prolonged debating and planning over trip details and itineraries. It was much more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of a trip. We definitely found out if it was possible to still have a good time at WDW without all of the advanced planning that we are all so used to.
So great! I planned a last minute trip for my best friend a few years back (she had lost her job and needed a pick me up) so I organized a trip for her family of four and they left three days later. If you can find flights (we're also Canadian, living in southern Ontario) it's very doable!
At Pop Century though we could get a summer meal deal (one quick service meal per person per night). Not the greatest deal out there but better than nothing. And depending on how we used the credits that could be a savings of $50 or so a night which is not too shabby for Pop Century. I then checked flights from Toronto to Orlando. There was a direct early morning flight on Westjet for $350 pp. Not bad. It was about 11pm at this point and I messaged mom and said "Do you want to go to WDW on Friday?". Her response was "what?". She was half asleep. She didn't think I was serious and was "wouldn't that be nice but no we can't do that". She then went back to sleep. Sadly, I let go of my dream laughing at myself for seriously contemplating such a last minute trip.
I can't believe you found that super cheap WestJet flight.......
I did find one possibility though, flying Delta from Syracuse with a connection in NYC and then flying JetBlue back to Syracuse from Orlando. That landed us at around $300 Canadian per person. Very manageable! Especially as I just paid nearly $800 for my flight out to the West Coast in August to visit my Dad and brother.
Oh yes! It's the worst in Canada! I grew up in PEI and to fly there in the summer is close to $600 and it's only a two hour flight! I am taking the train east this summer (also $$$$ but a bucket list item for me) and got my boys return tickets out of Moncton for $400 each. A little better. You did well with the Jet Blue flights!
I didn't give up hope though as I have been able to score fastpasses for the major rides on the day of in the past. Instead I went ahead and booked fastpasses for :
Great FPs!!
For our ADR's we weren't going to go too crazy and there were really only three that I wanted and I got them no problem: Trattoria al Forno for the character breakfast, Be Our Guest for lunch and Via Napoli. We had those quick service credits to use after all!
Also wonderful ADRs, especially Via Napoli!!! :love:
Another reservation I managed to score was Early Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom. This was great for us since we were on such a short trip and didn't have a Mine Train fastpass. With this event we could potentially knock out all of Fantasyland before the park opened and it includes breakfast.
EMM is a great use of your time!
There you go friends! That is how the trip came to be! In the next post we arrive at WDW!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

I planned a last minute trip for my best friend a few years back (she had lost her job and needed a pick me up) so I organized a trip for her family of four and they left three days later.

That was so nice of you!

I can't believe you found that super cheap WestJet flight.......

I know! We have been able to get good prices with them to Orlando in the past but that was when we were booking way in advance. They are my preferred airline in Canada (not that there are many choices) so it is always nice when I can book with them. Sadly not the case on this trip.

It's the worst in Canada!

Ugh, I know! I always dread booking tickets to BC as I go every year and the price is always dreadful. Sometimes I get "lucky" and get a flight for $600. Not this year though. :sad2:
I grew up in PEI and to fly there in the summer is close to $600 and it's only a two hour flight! I am taking the train east this summer (also $$$$ but a bucket list item for me) and got my boys return tickets out of Moncton for $400 each.

Oh yuck on those prices. The train ride will be fun!

Can't wait to hear more about your spur of the moment holiday! I am an ultimate planner, but if it somewhere I know well, I can usually make it work at the last minute. If we were going somewhere new, there is no way... The first time someone said, what do you want to do next...I would have lost it!
:confused3

Can't wait to hear more about your spur of the moment holiday! I am an ultimate planner, but if it somewhere I know well, I can usually make it work at the last minute. If we were going somewhere new, there is no way... The first time someone said, what do you want to do next...I would have lost it!
:confused3

I agree with you on that. I don't think I would be able to be so spontaneous if if were someplace that was new to me.

Joining in! What an amazing spontaneous trip! Sounds like a dream to me! I'm amazed at how quickly you were able to put it together- and at reasonable prices too!

Arrival Day

The day had finally come to head to Disney. Time sure had flown by. ;)

Luckily the cats were all set to be looked after by their usual sitter, a lovely neighbour who is always happy to watch them while we are away. Alek, my brother, had also said he would try and pop over to spend some time with them.

Only a small group of people knew that we were going away. We decided to not post about the trip on social media as my mom didn't want it to get back to my grandmother that we had so easily flown off to WDW after she had asked us not to come to Ohio as had been the original plan. She thought that it might offend my grandma. I wasn't really sure why she would be offended as she was the one who cancelled our visit but I agreed to not posting about it on Facebook or Instagram. I had told my "work bestie" Sam and two of my other close friends so I was still able to Snap them photos throughout our trip. My brothers also knew of course so even though they were not on the trip Mom and I had an online chat going with them throughout the trip where we would send them photos and video.

As I finished up my packing I snapped a photo of my array of mouse ears to my friends before they were carefully placed in my carry-on, couldn't have those go astray if my checked bag went missing!

Our flight was very early in the morning which meant that we had to leave in the middle of the night to make the two hour drive down to Syracuse. I always get a little nervous with this drive as we have to cross the border into the States but at that time of the night I could not imagine that things would be backed up. You just never know though right?!

We had our bags in the car and were filing up the gas tank by 0130 and on the highway by 0200. Crossing the Thousand Islands Bridge there was no traffic so that was a good sign for the border crossing!

Arriving at the US border there was only one station open but we were in luck and there were no other cars so we got to drive right up. The border guard asked minimal questions of us and soon we were on our way. Sometimes they really grill you! Almost every time we go to Ohio the guard asks why I haven't applied for US citizenship as is my right as a child of an American... Tricky question to answer and you don't want to anger the person that has the power to deny you access to the country! I have crossed the border so many times and yet it always makes me nervous that this will be the time they decide to put us through the ringer.

It was an uneventful drive down to the Syracuse airport and I had to agree with my mom when she said it was an easier drive than to the Toronto airport. While roughly the same distance from our town, driving to Toronto means driving the 401 (the main highway in southern Ontario) which means battling with tractor trailers and traffic at all times of the day which is never fun. I try and avoid driving through Toronto except for in the middle of the night if it can be avoided. I have been stuck in traffic there once where it took three hours to get from one end to the other on the highway, what a nightmare! I-81 was truck free and basically traffic free. It was a breeze and a straight shot down the interstate to the airport. Easy peasy.

Right around 0400 we were arriving at the Syracuse airport which gave us about two hours to park, check-in, get through Security etc. Lots of time! We didn't need to be there that early but I always prefer to have lots of time at the airport rather than being rushed and stressed.

We opted to park in the slightly cheaper outdoor lot rather than the parking garage. Luckily the Syracuse airport isn't too large so we didn't have to carry our bags a great distance. Just a short walk through the parking garage and then we were at the terminal building.

I had to pay for my checked bag when we checked in as when we had done our online check-in at the 24 hour mark I had not been sure if I would even be bringing a checked bag. I probably could have gotten away with just a carry-on but then I would not have had room to bring back souvenirs or my many purchases from Basin!

After that it was a bathroom stop and then through Security. It is interesting that at US airports they make you take off your shoes when you go through Security but they do not at Canadian. You would think the screening procedures would be the same.

There was a slight line at Security but nothing unmanageable and we had lots of time.

I feel that the airport has changed a bit since we last flew from there in 2012 but perhaps my memory is just hazy. For example, I don't remember there being a Johnny Rockets in the gated area in the past.

We found our gate and sat down to wait for the next hour. I sent a photo to my brothers of the waiting area at the gate. While Syracuse airport has the advantage for ease of driving the Toronto airport has the advantage for comfort at the gates and food and shopping.

Syracuse has hard chairs with no tables or arm rests. Sporadic plugins but not enough for more than a handful of people. The only food option was a Dunkin Donuts cart.

Toronto has nice tables and counters with iPads that you can use to surf the net or order food. There are also lots of USB ports and plugs to charge your devices and the seats are cushioned. Much more comfortable. Toronto has multiple full-service Tim Hortons, Starbucks and other food locations. I mention this for any others living in SE Ontario that are trying to make a decision about where to fly from.

I spent the hour before boarding messaging my brothers and reading.

The wait to board wasn't too long and soon they started their pre-boarding. We really admired that Delta includes active service military in their pre-boarding group. A nice recognition of their service.

Mom had decided to upgrade us to Comfort Plus when she did our online check-in. She wanted to guarantee spots for our carry-on bags and it came with more leg room and early boarding. This was a nice little perk.

Here we are on the plane looking chipper at 0542!

The flight to NYC was only an hour so I pretty much just spent our flight time looking out the window. I was very excited when we flew right over NYC!

Even though we weren't visiting the city it was still fun to look out the window and see if I could identify any landmarks.

We landed at LaGuardia and I knew it was close to the city but I didn't know you could literally see Manhattan from the runway.

I know, I get excited easily.

Once off the plane we had to find a monitor to locate what gate we needed to be at for our next flight. Turns out we had a bit of a walk ahead of us. We had a two hour layover so not a big deal. On the way to our gate we stopped at a food court and picked up a light breakfast. We each got a pastry and a drink.

Once at our gate we found some seats near USB ports so we could plug in and then it was just a waiting game.

I messaged my best friend Sharon who had no idea at this point that I was on vacation. I sent her a picture of my rose gold Loungefly bag that I was using as my personal item for the flight rather than lugging a purse to WDW with me that would just sit in the room. She couldn't believe that we were headed to WDW. I sent her a picture of NYC and told her I was in the airport there right now and she responded with "what!?" :faint: :laughing: See, it is not just Dis people who find it unlike me to just take off.

We were up in the air and flying over NYC again around 1000. I got a couple more photos of the city this time and spotted the Statue of Liberty.

Once past the city I was able to fall asleep and napped for most of the flight.

I woke up around the time we were nearing Florida.

Our flight landed twenty minutes early, yay!

After a quick stop to freshen up we were headed to the fake-o-rail and then down a level to pick up my checked bag.

I am always impressed by how quickly bags get delivered to you at the Orlando Airport. Ever single time we have been to WDW our bags have arrived within minutes of our arriving at the carousels.

Bag in hand it was down another level to pick up our car at Alamo. We were lucky again and there was no line at the rental counter.

Paperwork in hand we crossed over to the garage and had our pick of cars. We decided to go with a red Nissan Sentra. We figured it would be easier to spot than the usual white rentals that are handed out. We will never forget all the way back in 2007 being unable to spot our nondescript white rental car in the Animal Kingdom parking lot and wandering around for ages looking for it. That was before we got smart about photographing the row we parked in.

I took a video walking around the car to document anything that might be off, it was in good condition, and then we hit the road. We had our bag of American change handy for tolls. We always save our American change for just this purpose, paying highway tolls in Florida.

It was an easy drive to WDW and soon we were driving through these magical arches.

Full confession, that photo is from later in the day. Mom was in charge of taking the entrance photo since I was driving and she accidentally had her phone set to video.

So, we knew from last year that they were doing work on the roads around property and it wasn't fully finished yet. It was a bit confusing. Arriving on property I was very confident that I knew how to get to Pop but the roadwork and the new signage threw me off and we drove one turn too far and ended up in the cast member parking behind Hollywood Studios! :laughing: We got a great view into Galaxy's Edge from back there so I got over my annoyance quickly. We just had to drive around the lot which then connects with the guest lot and we exited through the normal park exit. We then did a loop around and ended up back where we started and this time I found the correct turn to get onto Victory Way and we were arriving at Pop in no time.

We had no wait to check-in and we had a very kind cast member. I had my magic band from our previous trip but mom could not find hers so we were expecting her to end up with a plain grey one since you can't customize in MDE so close to your check-in day. Well, the CM asked my mom if she had a colour preference and was able to get her a green magic band. A little bit of pixie dust to start off our trip. We were also happy as we got our room request that I had put in on MDE when I did our online check-in the day before - top floor, 50's, bldg 1. This was our ideal location as it was close to the parking lot, the pool and Classic Hall.

One thing I will note about Pop when comparing it to AKL and WL, the lobby was so noisy! I sometimes had a hard time hearing the CM over the noise of the music and the kids running around screaming. It may have just been a random occurrence for when we were there but it was not the calming and atmospheric check-in environment we have experienced at the two lodges. I would not have cared so much except for like I stated, I had a hard time hearing the CM at times due to the noise level.

We decided we would go get settled into our room since it was ready before heading off for some fun.

We were very pleased with our room location. We tested both our bands to make sure they worked and I tried out the unlock door feature in the app.

Overall we were pleased with the "new" POP rooms. I like that there are two queen beds now instead of the smaller beds that they used to have. Not a big deal on this trip since it was just the two of us but it makes a difference when sharing beds. I also really liked all the USB ports and plug-ins that were located bedside and at the desk/dresser. The tv was enormous and a good picture quality. While the bathroom is a bit small on counter space we had enough room for the two of us and Mom commented that she really liked the bathroom set-up. It had a nice clean look to it. In case you haven't seen these "new" rooms yet here are some photos.

And here is the table converted into the second bed - it pulls down very easily from the wall and it a proper mattress just like the main bed in the room. Very comfortable.

I took a video and sent it to my brothers but here it is for you too:

Pop Century Room Tour

We unpacked our bags, I hung up my dresses, there were several hangers but for a longer trip or larger party there would not have been enough.

We both changed our clothes. I had been wearing black pants for the travel portion of the day since it wasn't very warm in Ontario/New York and they were just more comfortable for a flight. I grabbed one of my sundresses and it was a relief to be in summer clothes again.

Once we were done settling in we headed out for some fun. Here are some photos of the area near our room as we left the resort.

Coming up next: Disney Springs!

Joining in! What an amazing spontaneous trip! Sounds like a dream to me! I'm amazed at how quickly you were able to put it together- and at reasonable prices too!

Welcome! I know, I was happily surprised as well at how it just sort of all fell together.

Joining in! Love the idea of being spontaneous!

Welcome! It was fun to sort of just "let it go" and fly by the seat of our pants.

Arrival Day

The day had finally come to head to Disney. Time sure had flown by. ;)

Luckily the cats were all set to be looked after by their usual sitter, a lovely neighbour who is always happy to watch them while we are away. Alek, my brother, had also said he would try and pop over to spend some time with them.

Woohoo on arrival day! :laughing:

Glad you had people you trust to look after the cats.

Only a small group of people knew that we were going away. We decided to not post about the trip on social media as my mom didn't want it to get back to my grandmother that we had so easily flown off to WDW after she had asked us not to come to Ohio as had been the original plan. She thought that it might offend my grandma. I wasn't really sure why she would be offended as she was the one who cancelled our visit but I agreed to not posting about it on Facebook or Instagram. I had told my "work bestie" Sam and two of my other close friends so I was still able to Snap them photos throughout our trip. My brothers also knew of course so even though they were not on the trip Mom and I had an online chat going with them throughout the trip where we would send them photos and video.

Oh that’s a shame that you weren’t able to post on social media but at least you had a couple of options to discuss the happenings of your trip.

As I finished up my packing I snapped a photo of my array of mouse ears to my friends before they were carefully placed in my carry-on, couldn't have those go astray if my checked bag went missing!

Definitely don’t want to be losing them mouse ears.

Our flight was very early in the morning which meant that we had to leave in the middle of the night to make the two hour drive down to Syracuse. I always get a little nervous with this drive as we have to cross the border into the States but at that time of the night I could not imagine that things would be backed up. You just never know though right?!

Ah glad the drive was smooth sailing on this occasion.

Right around 0400 we were arriving at the Syracuse airport which gave us about two hours to park, check-in, get through Security etc. Lots of time! We didn't need to be there that early but I always prefer to have lots of time at the airport rather than being rushed and stressed.

Always better to have time to relax before getting on the flight rather than being rushed.

I had to pay for my checked bag when we checked in as when we had done our online check-in at the 24 hour mark I had not been sure if I would even be bringing a checked bag. I probably could have gotten away with just a carry-on but then I would not have had room to bring back souvenirs or my many purchases from Basin!

Eek couldn’t cope with carry on to Disney though I have longer to travel :laughing:

Definitely need that space for the purchases!

Mom had decided to upgrade us to Comfort Plus when she did our online check-in. She wanted to guarantee spots for our carry-on bags and it came with more leg room and early boarding. This was a nice little perk.

Here we are on the plane looking chipper at 0542!

The flight to NYC was only an hour so I pretty much just spent our flight time looking out the window. I was very excited when we flew right over NYC!

Even though we weren't visiting the city it was still fun to look out the window and see if I could identify any landmarks.

Yay on the upgrade and you guys look fresh for that time in the morning, however you were heading to the happiest place on earth!

Nice shot of NYC :thumbsup2

I messaged my best friend Sharon who had no idea at this point that I was on vacation. I sent her a picture of my rose gold Loungefly bag that I was using as my personal item for the flight rather than lugging a purse to WDW with me that would just sit in the room. She couldn't believe that we were headed to WDW. I sent her a picture of NYC and told her I was in the airport there right now and she responded with "what!?" :faint: :laughing: See, it is not just Dis people who find it unlike me to just take off.

Haha on the reaction from your best friend. People won’t be as surprised after this trip.

Our flight landed twenty minutes early, yay!

Yay!!

Bag in hand it was down another level to pick up our car at Alamo. We were lucky again and there was no line at the rental counter.

Paperwork in hand we crossed over to the garage and had our pick of cars. We decided to go with a red Nissan Sentra. We figured it would be easier to spot than the usual white rentals that are handed out. We will never forget all the way back in 2007 being unable to spot our nondescript white rental car in the Animal Kingdom parking lot and wandering around for ages looking for it. That was before we got smart about photographing the row we parked in.

I understand your need for a car that stands out. We had a similar situation when we went to a fireworks night at a theme park in the UK. We spent ages looking for the car at the end of the night. Like you, we learnt our lesson and now take a photo or look for a noticeable landmarks.

It was an easy drive to WDW and soon we were driving through these magical arches.

Full confession, that photo is from later in the day. Mom was in charge of taking the entrance photo since I was driving and she accidentally had her phone set to video.

So, we knew from last year that they were doing work on the roads around property and it wasn't fully finished yet. It was a bit confusing. Arriving on property I was very confident that I knew how to get to Pop but the roadwork and the new signage threw me off and we drove one turn too far and ended up in the cast member parking behind Hollywood Studios! :laughing: We got a great view into Galaxy's Edge from back there so I got over my annoyance quickly. We just had to drive around the lot which then connects with the guest lot and we exited through the normal park exit. We then did a loop around and ended up back where we started and this time I found the correct turn to get onto Victory Way and we were arriving at Pop in no time.

Yay on the magical arch picture even if it was from later on in the trip!

Phew, glad you finally made it to Pop Century.

We had no wait to check-in and we had a very kind cast member. I had my magic band from our previous trip but mom could not find hers so we were expecting her to end up with a plain grey one since you can't customize in MDE so close to your check-in day. Well, the CM asked my mom if she had a colour preference and was able to get her a green magic band. A little bit of pixie dust to start off our trip. We were also happy as we got our room request that I had put in on MDE when I did our online check-in the day before - top floor, 50's, bldg 1. This was our ideal location as it was close to the parking lot, the pool and Classic Hall.

Yay on the pixie dust with your mums magic band and you getting your room request.

One thing I will note about Pop when comparing it to AKL and WL, the lobby was so noisy! I sometimes had a hard time hearing the CM over the noise of the music and the kids running around screaming. It may have just been a random occurrence for when we were there but it was not the calming and atmospheric check-in environment we have experienced at the two lodges. I would not have cared so much except for like I stated, I had a hard time hearing the CM at times due to the noise level.

Oh no on the noise levels at the lobby and struggling to hear the CMs. I think there were children running around when we were there as well.

Overall we were pleased with the "new" POP rooms. I like that there are two queen beds now instead of the smaller beds that they used to have. Not a big deal on this trip since it was just the two of us but it makes a difference when sharing beds. I also really liked all the USB ports and plug-ins that were located bedside and at the desk/dresser. The tv was enormous and a good picture quality. While the bathroom is a bit small on counter space we had enough room for the two of us and Mom commented that she really liked the bathroom set-up. It had a nice clean look to it. In case you haven't seen these "new" rooms yet here are some photos.

And here is the table converted into the second bed - it pulls down very easily from the wall and it a proper mattress just like the main bed in the room. Very comfortable.

We unpacked our bags, I hung up my dresses, there were several hangers but for a longer trip or larger party there would not have been enough.

We both changed our clothes. I had been wearing black pants for the travel portion of the day since it wasn't very warm in Ontario/New York and they were just more comfortable for a flight. I grabbed one of my sundresses and it was a relief to be in summer clothes again.

Lovely photos of your room at Pop Century. The TV is huge in the rooms. Glad you were able to change into a summer dress. I love that feeling of being able to change and re-fresh after a journey.

Once we were done settling in we headed out for some fun. Here are some photos of the area near our room as we left the resort.

Coming up next: Disney Springs!

Great pics of the area near the room...love the lady and the tramp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!