An idea for Disney regarding monorail EPCOT

Starwarsfan2

Mouseketeer
So just returned from a weekend trip to WDW. We rode the gondolas and noticed that the views are obscured when there are character overlays over the windows. Much better view without the overlays.
We also rode the Monorail to EPCOT, and let me tell you, I knew there was a lot of work going on over there, but the view from the monorail is the epitome of UGLY! Which leads me to, if Disney wants my advice (which they probably don't), I think overlays over the windows of the EPCOT monorail would be welcomed. Anything to obscure that view. Looks like a direct hit from a hurricane.

I actually find construction sites kind of interesting and thought it was neat to get a bird's eye view of the work they are doing. My nephew also loved looking down and seeing all of the construction vehicles.

I love that ride through Epcot, construction or not.

Couldn’t obstructing the view enough to not notice construction really bother people with motion sickness issues too?

I love getting the "behind the scenes" look into the construction that's going on, and getting to see how work is progressing. Epcot in particular is supposed to have an educational angle in all its attractions, so being able to see the construction fits in with that as well, especially since the narration on the monorail acknowledges that it's a work in progress.

And I also agree with the poster above that I would definitely have some motion sickness issues if I didn't have a clear view to the outside for the entire length of the monorail. Ten seconds of hiding a construction site isn't even remotely worth 15 minutes each way of not being able to see anything through the windows. I haven't been on one of the wrapped monorail yet, but I've been on both wrapped and unwrapped gondolas and greatly prefer the unwrapped ones because of the better view (including the view of the Ratatouille construction site behind the France pavilion.)

It'd be one thing if it were just a junky spot - some of those can be seen from the Skyliner (dumpers and loading docks behind some hotels). Construction though denotes progress and I understand it's necessary and while I don't particularly want to see it, I can understand. Honestly, the tops of those old Innoventions buildings weren't all that attractive and could be seen from the monorail. You could often see a little junk collected on them. It doesn't really bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter