An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

I'm waiting for the menus to be released too! I don't usually get too many things from the booths but I like to see what they have!

I don't think your list looks too daunting! Looks completely doable!

I'm mostly interested in the seafood, the specialty beverages and any dessert made with a cheesecake base...

I will keep track of how many I actually accomplish...

Hope you are all dug out of the snow. I've been down with the flu for a few days here so getting on the DIS for a while to remember what it means to be a well person :crazy2:

I believe the plan this afternoon is to meet all the ladies at Epcot for some Flower/Garden eating and drinking fun...I am really looking forward to this. Believe it or not, but I have never partaken in the food booths during Flower/Garden, so this will actually be a first for me.
I am so excited about this too. We've only done it once and I liked it better than food and wine!

I do plan on grabbing another avocado margarita. I had this for the first time in October and really liked it. Who's with me????
Surprised I am :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

1. Try a Mickey Premium Bar (Yep, I'm probably the ONLY one on the DIS who hasn't had one)
You can count me in that too but I'm really not much of an ice cream person

3. Ride FOP and not throw up...:crazy2:
If this is an option remind me not to ride with you :crazy2:

6. Try School Bread (Yep, another one I haven't been able to get my hands on)
One of my favorites!

9. Monorail Bar Crawl-Anyone possibly up for this??? @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly ????
Anything with the words bar and crawl, you know I'm game :thumbsup2

Hi Jenny! I am woefully behind on both reading trip reports and updating my own, but I'm finally here! I can't wait to meet you all! I don't have any real must-dos for the trip, I'm happy to join in to all of the group activities. I would like to hit Geyser Point at least once…their burgers are divine :love: This should be an easy one since we are all staying right there :goodvibes And I guess I would like to hit SDD and FOP at some point if we can fit it in ::yes::

I do love the Flower & Garden Fest and I'm happy to just be there and enjoy that too, especially since when I go with my family in April we are skipping EPCOT.

Can't wait for this EPIC trip!

Saturday Night, May 4th:

I hope everyone is keeping warm, especially those living in what has become the Arctic tundraa, like myself, outside of Chicago. It's so cold that my work has actually closed the last 2 days. The schools and colleges have closed. Stores and restaurants are closed. It's just awful!!! We haven't had tempts like this in 25 years...To top it off, we are supposed to get more snow dumped on us tonight...Anyway, enough with how bad the weather is, off to BIGGER and better things...pixiedust:

So, what are the plans for this night you ask??? They are big! HUGE! I think this is going to be one of the best things we do together as a group. Are you ready? A lot of us are taking a cruise. But, not just any cruise, an ILLUMINATION'S Cruise!!!!!! I am so excited about this because I have only done the Wishes Cruise, and I can't wait to see what this one is like. Plus, I haven't seen Illuminations in quite awhile. I'm sure it will live up to all my expectations...It will be so cool to have an unobstructed view of this firework's display since it will be leaving us soon...What a way to say goodbye, huh?!?!
upload_2019-1-31_16-49-58.jpeg

upload_2019-1-31_16-50-40.jpeg

Not sure what we will do after this EPIC experience...Not sure how late Epcot is open this night. Will we hit up some rides, do some shopping, or maybe hit a bar or two???? The night will still be young, so it's anybody's guess...Suggestions????

I hope everyone is keeping warm, especially those living in what has become the Arctic tundraa, like myself, outside of Chicago. It's so cold that my work has actually closed the last 2 days. The schools and colleges have closed. Stores and restaurants are closed. It's just awful!!!

I've been watching the news where people are freezing random things over where you are. We are slightly warmer here…a balmy 4 degrees this morning :sad: I'm so excited, it's going to be 50 by next Monday :cool1:

Anyway, enough with how bad the weather is, off to BIGGER and better things...pixiedust:

MUCH better! That's going to be awesome!

I'm really excited for the Illuminations cruise!! I actually have never watched the show in its entirety...and the last time I saw any of it was like 2004, so....I'm totally overdue! AND what a way to go out since it's leaving.

I'm up for hanging out afterward!! :)

Hope you are staying warm! I talked to a family friend in Chicago the other day and she was telling me how bad it was. Sounds like a warm up is on the way though.

I can't wait for the Illuminations Cruise! I've never done anything like it and know it will be so much fun.

Hope you are staying warm! I talked to a family friend in Chicago the other day and she was telling me how bad it was. Sounds like a warm up is on the way though.

I can't wait for the Illuminations Cruise! I've never done anything like it and know it will be so much fun.

It is so bad!!! But, it's supposed to be 52 on Monday. Go figure...
I'm excited about the cruise too!!!! We should get snacks and drinks. That's what they did on the Wishes cruises we took.

I am all caught up! You will love the GF, we are staying here again in August!

I am excited for the F&G booths and the Illuminations cruise, how fun!

We are a balmy 24 degrees today, haha! It was -30 Thursday morning here, yuck. Chicago was my nemesis this trip, you will hear about it in my TR. We were lucky compared to many people!

1. Try a Mickey Premium Bar (Yep, I'm probably the ONLY one on the DIS who hasn't had one)
2. Drink a Lapu Lapu in the pineapple
3. Ride FOP and not throw up...:crazy2:
4. Try a new restaurant in DS, either QS or TS
5. Eat at Satu'li Canteen
6. Try School Bread (Yep, another one I haven't been able to get my hands on)
7. Get my picture taken with Kevin from UP (I LOVE that bird)!!!
8. Get a drink at Trader Sam's Grotto
9. Monorail Bar Crawl-Anyone possibly up for this??? @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly ????
10. Buy a new Dooney!!!!!

I think my list is a bit daunting right now. It may be giving me some anxiety...Who thinks I will be able to get some of this done????:P

I only had my first one on my last trip. :)

YES!!! Lapus FTW!!

I'd suggest HBD. I really love it there.

LOVE TS's!!! The Uh-Oh-a is amazing! (and fun!)

That's a pretty awesome list, Girlie!

Saturday Night, May 4th:

I hope everyone is keeping warm, especially those living in what has become the Arctic tundraa, like myself, outside of Chicago. It's so cold that my work has actually closed the last 2 days. The schools and colleges have closed. Stores and restaurants are closed. It's just awful!!! We haven't had tempts like this in 25 years...To top it off, we are supposed to get more snow dumped on us tonight...Anyway, enough with how bad the weather is, off to BIGGER and better things...pixiedust:

So, what are the plans for this night you ask??? They are big! HUGE! I think this is going to be one of the best things we do together as a group. Are you ready? A lot of us are taking a cruise. But, not just any cruise, an ILLUMINATION'S Cruise!!!!!! I am so excited about this because I have only done the Wishes Cruise, and I can't wait to see what this one is like. Plus, I haven't seen Illuminations in quite awhile. I'm sure it will live up to all my expectations...It will be so cool to have an unobstructed view of this firework's display since it will be leaving us soon...What a way to say goodbye, huh?!?!
View attachment 379549

View attachment 379550

Not sure what we will do after this EPIC experience...Not sure how late Epcot is open this night. Will we hit up some rides, do some shopping, or maybe hit a bar or two???? The night will still be young, so it's anybody's guess...Suggestions????

Super excited for this too. I've NEVER done a dessert party or cruise of any kind, so pretty stoked to try one out. And what better way than with a lot of great gals?!

You will love the GF, we are staying here again in August!

I can't wait!!! We haven't stayed there since 2016 and then we were upgraded to the main Building, Concierge Level!!!! What are the odds that will happen again????:P

I am excited for the F&G booths and the Illuminations cruise, how fun!

You and me both!!!!

That's a pretty awesome list, Girlie!

But, can I get any of it done????

Super excited for this too. I've NEVER done a dessert party or cruise of any kind, so pretty stoked to try one out. And what better way than with a lot of great gals?!

I think it's going to be amaaaaazing!

I can't wait!!! We haven't stayed there since 2016 and then we were upgraded to the main Building, Concierge Level!!!! What are the odds that will happen again??
Wow what an awesome upgrade. We really liked Conch Key outer building, it is in the center of the outer buildings and has some nice water views

Wow what an awesome upgrade. We really liked Conch Key outer building, it is in the center of the outer buildings and has some nice water views

That would work for me because I booked a lagoon view in the hopes that I will be able to see the Water Parade from my balcony...

MAY UPDATE:

OMG! OMG! OMG! I am soooooo excited! I have just booked my first Disney tour (and Joe's too)...Can you guess which one? I'll give you a hint...It's a newer tour. I've heard it's hard to reserve (although I didn't have any issues here). It's at Animal Kingdom and it involves a large mammal. Here are a few pics to help you out...

upload_2019-2-4_8-18-52.jpeg

upload_2019-2-4_8-19-16.jpeg

Have you figured it out???? It's the Up Close with Rhinos Tour. I have wanted to do this since it was first announced and our May trip seemed the perfect time to make it happen. So, I looked at our plans, made a few calls, and the tour was booked. I'm also very happy to say that the lovely @ariane37 will be joining us.:P Has anyone done this? If so, let me know what you thought...

I definitely want to do the Rhino tour with DH in September! I can't wait to hear how it is! Ive heard great things though!!

Did you just call at 180 days? Thats probably the second thing I'll be hurrying to book when my window opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter