An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

I've got it Down Kids...Update!

Joe and I have decided to spend Sunday afternoon in the Magic Kingdom. Since we are having brunch at The Contemporary and there aren't too many things I want to do at HS, we have made the decision to spend the day there. After brunch, we can take a leisurely stroll over to the MK and I plan on booking our 3 FP's there as well. Right now, I'm thinking about the Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs. A lot of you may remember that Joe and I had to skip 7 Dwarfs in October because we had Gia with us, and we ran out of time to ride HM. So, these 2 made the most sense. Fast passing Peter Pan is just an obvious choice because there's no way I will wait in line for this and it is truly one of my favs!!! If we can't FP anything else later in the day, we will probably go back to the WL and catch some pool time before our dinner reservation, which I will keep you in the dark for a little while more...:rolleyes1 I'll give you a hint though...The menu does contain seafood and it is at a deluxe resort...:love:

Fast Pass Day is Approaching...

Who wants to get up Saturday morning to make Fast Passes at 6 am???? Not me!!!!! But, it's the price I must pay to HOPEFULLY obtain Fast Passes for some of those coveted attractions...It is safe to say I will be taking a nap some time Saturday afternoon...NO DOUBT!!! Seriously, I hate getting up early on the weekends (or any day for that matter). I'm more of a sleeping in, grab a coffee (savor every sip), get things done, then relax kind of girl when I don't have to go to work. Alas, the show must go on, and for me that means waking up early Saturday to get some vacation planning stuff done...Let's just pray Stitch doesn't eat the page or the site crashes as it usually does on my fast Pass day...

Fast Pass Hopefuls:

Friday, May 3rd Animal Kingdom (After our Up Close with Rhinos Tour)
1. Safari
2. Flight of Passage (This will probably make me sick, but I'm willing to take one for the team):P
3. Expedition Everest

Saturday, May 4th Magic Kingdom
1. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
2. Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road
3. Pics with Mickey and Minnie in their Birthday outfits (I'm obsessed with this one):D

I will definitely try to grab a Fast pass or 2 while hopping around Epcot during Flower and Garden in the afternoon...

Sunday, May 5th Magic Kingdom
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (Again)

Wish me luck! pixiedust:

I am SO not looking forward to that early wake up, but of course will do it anyway because Disney :)

I know there was some sort of glitch in MDE allowing some people to get in early and make FPs. Lucky for me, Ariana and I are doing a couple of our park days together, so she made the really hard to get ones already! Now, I just have to take care of a couple days myself.

I hope you get everything you want!!! I'm really excited for Mickey and Minnie in their outfits, too. I'm planning to meet them on my birthday, 5/5 :)

Your FP plans look great! Meeting Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits is top of my list too!

I think thats a great plan to just head back to MK after brunch! I'm finding I enjoy my trips more when I plan to do things around my dinner reservations/hotel instead of trying to rush all over the place!

Your FP plans look great! Meeting Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits is top of my list too!

Thank you, and I can't wait to see them!

I think thats a great plan to just head back to MK after brunch! I'm finding I enjoy my trips more when I plan to do things around my dinner reservations/hotel instead of trying to rush all over the place!

Me too. That's too funny, because I feel the same way!!!:P

Quick Update, Oh and it's a Funny one...:P

Joe and I were watching some Disney YouTube videos the other night. I think it was DFB. It was titled something like Things You Didn't Know you Could do in Disney or something like that...Anyway, it starts with the barber shop on Mainstreet USA and how even adults can get their hair cut there. Do you see where I'm going with this??? Joe turns to me with the BIGGEST smile on his face and announces that he wants to get his hair cut in Disney. I ask him if he realizes that it's more of a kid's thing. He says yes, but that the video showed adults can do it too. Then, he asks me how to make a reservation for it. I proceeded to tell him. So, the next day at work (yep, we work together too), I hear Joe on the phone with Disney. He pops his head around the corner and asks me which day would be best for him in May. I give him a couple of options and get back to doing whatever I was working on...A little while later he comes up front smiling like a Cheshire cat and tells me it's all booked for Sunday afternoon. Don't worry, I will take LOTS of pics!!!!!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
A little while later he comes up front smiling like a Cheshire cat and tells me it's all booked for Sunday afternoon. Don't worry, I will take LOTS of pics!!!!!!:D:D:D
That is such a cute story! :)

When my son turned 2, we were in WDW for his bday. My parents joined us, and my Dad, who on our prior WDW trip was the most UNmagical man on earth, couldn't get enough of the magic!! He was smiling and meeting characters and just loving it all. SO...we took my son for his 1st bday haircut at the Main Street Barber Shop. I'm taking pictures and videotaping my little guy in the chair when he starts pointing across the barber shop saying, "Grandpa, Grandpa" over and over. I look to my left and there's my Dad already in the chair with a cape on, having his hair cut, too because "it looked like fun!" :)

Disney truly does bring out the little kid in all of us!

How fun!! I feel like its always nice to do new things each trip!! Will he also opt for the pixie dust at the end?? :rotfl:

FP DAY for you, hope it went well!! I love the fact that Joe is getting his hair cut on Mainstreet! I think it is so cool!

I will be waiting to hear how many times you met Olaf and Stitch today while trying to do FP! I hope not much, it has been so bad lately.

FP DAY for you, hope it went well!! I love the fact that Joe is getting his hair cut on Mainstreet! I think it is so cool!

I will be waiting to hear how many times you met Olaf and Stitch today while trying to do FP! I hope not much, it has been so bad lately.

Well, Caroline...Apparently, I need to go back to school for a math lesson, because my FP day is actually TOMORROW. Because I have 2 reservations for May, it would let me make FP's for Thursday, but nothing else (which is weird, because my Pop ressie is room only/no tix). That being said, I will have the joy of waking up early tomorrow to try to do it all over again...

So, I am very excited to ride Slinky Dog Dash (I think it looks like so much fun), A** maybe a little bit and Toy Story Mania has always been a fav. I'm not thrilled about having to wait in line for 2 of the 3. I do not like the tier system here or at Epcot for that matter...I'm thinking about just getting a FP for SDD and then heading back to AK...Or, MAY skip HS all together and walk over to MK after brunch. As I'm thinking about this, I don't really know what we will do. I'm a bit torn...As I said, this will probably be more clear after next weekend...

I'm kinda the same way. I enjoy SW, but I won't die if I miss it.

Love the new TSLand and my fave is ToT, but after that, I pretty much leave.

over to the MK and I plan on booking our 3 FP's there as well. Right now, I'm thinking about the Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs.

WE ARE TOO!! We should totally plan a purple wall selfie or some other kind of quick Meet there. Other than during the Brunch, we'll be there all day. PM me!

Who wants to get up Saturday morning to make Fast Passes at 6 am???? Not me!!!!!

Oh Hey, Gurl!! I've got you beat by a 2-hour mile! LOL!! I'm up at 4:00 AM Monday before work to work on mine. I so hope I can get everything!

Hi Jenny!

How did you make out with your Fastpasses yesterday? Today is our FP day and I'm anxiously waiting because I know they can be made in 25 minutes, but @ariane37 is making them for us! I'm sure she's not happy about having to get up on a Sunday morning at 6am to do that either. I'm a natural morning person,but I am also working all weekend so I'm up at 4:45am anyway. I'll be anxiously waiting to see what we got. If all goes as planned, they should line up with yours and hers :-)

I love that Joe is getting his haircut on Main Street! What a fun experience that will be!

Hi Jenny!

How did you make out with your Fastpasses yesterday? Today is our FP day and I'm anxiously waiting because I know they can be made in 25 minutes, but @ariane37 is making them for us! I'm sure she's not happy about having to get up on a Sunday morning at 6am to do that either. I'm a natural morning person,but I am also working all weekend so I'm up at 4:45am anyway. I'll be anxiously waiting to see what we got. If all goes as planned, they should line up with yours and hers :-)

I love that Joe is getting his haircut on Main Street! What a fun experience that will be!

Hi Kelly! SUCCESS! We were up and on MDE, texting right at 6 am and I'm delighted to say that we got everything we wanted on our AK day and everything overlaps for the Safari, EE and FOP. YAY!!!! Did she tell you about the cluster we had yesterday???? In the end, all was good, but we both need to go back to school to take a math class...Ask her about it. HAHAHA! Are you doing MK with us Saturday morning before Flower and Garden??? If so, those FP's worked out for 7 Dwarfs, BTMRR and Splash...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter