An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

Ok, Kids, Another Update...

Of course, I just can't leave well enough alone...But, who can if you subscribe to this site and you are in the midst of planning a Disney vacation??? Well, I added ANOTHER dining reservation onto this Epic trip...I should actually rename this PTR to something like...All I Will be Doing is Eating...:P

I got to thinking about our plans for Friday morning, you know, the day of the Rhino tour...And I figured I couldn't go without eating until after the tour...So, I spoke to @ariane37 and she suggested Whispering Canyon Cafe for a pre-tour breakfast. That sounded so good, so I checked for availability, and just like that, another meal was booked...I have never had breakfast here, so it's another meal I'm really looking forward to. I have had dinner at WCC, but it was a looooong time ago. Plus, it will be so convenient since we are all staying at the Wilderness Lodge...

upload_2019-2-12_7-1-15.jpeg

whispering-canyon-cafe-breakfast-skillet.jpg

I don't actually think I've done the breakfast at WCC! I plan on trying it December when we're staying at Boulder Ridge. Sounds delicious though! And will be so convenient for you guys already being there!

I don't actually think I've done the breakfast at WCC! I plan on trying it December when we're staying at Boulder Ridge. Sounds delicious though! And will be so convenient for you guys already being there!

I just looked over the menu this morning and it looks so yummy. I'm looking forward to trying it, so I can review it for you...Hee! Hee!

Checking in to make sure you and your family are safe after yesterday's event outside Chicago. Thinking of you all. :hug:

Checking in to make sure you and your family are safe after yesterday's event outside Chicago. Thinking of you all. :hug:

You're so sweet. The shooting was actually blocks away from the college my kids attend, and they were put on lockdown. My daughter, Ali was in class while it was happening. We were all scared to death. Aurora, Il is also the town next door to us. Thank goodness the police were able to kill the gunman before any other damage was done. I believe 5 people lost their lives and 4 police officers were shot in this horrible tragedy.

Sunday Morning (Recap):

I know I talked about this earlier in my PTR, but it was soooo long ago, I thought I'd recap...It's now time for the meal I have been dreaming about since the last time I was in Disney (October 2018)...Brunch at the Top. Yep, @chunkymonkey has graciously booked this fabulous meal for a large group of us and some of our significant others and for that, I am truly grateful!!! This is such an outstanding dining experience and I'm sure it will live up to its expectations in EVERY way. I am totally going to partake in one of their signature bloody mary's and the French toast is calling my name.

upload_2019-2-16_9-17-28.jpeg

images

upload_2019-2-16_9-18-49.jpeg

And, let's not forget the unlimited and ever flowing mimosas...Yum!

So, I'm not quite sure what the plans are after this fabulous meal. I think some of us were planning on heading over to HS. This would be totally cool with me because it would give me the opportunity to FINALLY experience Toy Story Land and to finally ride Slinky Dog Dash. This coaster looks so fun and I can't wait to give it a try...Plus, I haven't ridden TSM in years...I could give or take the Alien Swirling Saucers, but if the wait's not too long, I may give them a twirl...

Another option is to monorail it over to Epcot to enjoy more of Flower and Garden...So, we will have to wait and see. Fast pass day is almost here, so some definite decisions will have to be made sooner than later...I know that @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly and I are trying to coordinate a few things...

What's next? Where will we be having dinner this night???

Last edited:
Update 2, Flower and Garden Eats and DRINKS...

As most of you know, the menus for Flower and Garden have finally been released. And, as promised, I am going to share with you some of the things I'd like to try...In no particular order...

Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil
2. 3 Daughters Brewing Key Lime Apple Hard Cider
3. Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
4. Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon
Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
6. Tarte au Chévre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a flaky Pastry Crust
7. La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
8. Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Gin
9. Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle and Toasted Coconut
10. Tlacoyo: Blue Corn Masa topped with Black Bean Spread, Ground Chorizo, Queso Fresco and Mexican Cream
11. Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce
12. Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whisky
13. Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
14. Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

15. Pomodori Verdi e Mozzarella: Fried Green Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Balsamic Reduction
Villa Sandi Prosecco
17. Fior d’Arancio Montegrande Moscato
18. Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue
and House-made Pickle

CONTINUED:

Frozen Simply™ Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine
20. Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots
21. Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread

I KNOW this is an extremely loooong list and there's no way I will be able to get to all of it. But, it is a wish list after all and I will have Joe there to help me...:P:P:P

CLOTHING UPDATE:

So, I just ordered some new items for my May trip and I thought I'd share them with you...Can you all tell I have way too much time on my hands today? What can I say...It's cold outside and I have a ton of laundry to do, so what better way to kill time between loads than to do some extra posting...

GAP:

cn15183672.jpg

cn16495317.jpg

cn14586493.jpg

VANS

upload_2019-2-16_13-11-53.png

I am totally obsessed with these shoes and I can't wait until they arrive. Unfortunately, since I had to customize them it will take 4-6 weeks before I can get my hands on them...>:(>:(>:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!