An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

I definitely want to do the Rhino tour with DH in September! I can't wait to hear how it is! Ive heard great things though!!

Did you just call at 180 days? Thats probably the second thing I'll be hurrying to book when my window opens!

I've heard some great things too. And, believe it or not, I booked it around 87 days in advance...8-) Score, Jenny!!!

MAY DISNEY GOALS:

I'm stuck at home today. We got 8" of snow last night with freezing rain to come later this afternoon, so I thought I'd make a list of things I'd like to accomplish in Disney during the Epic Girl's Trip. You know, things I haven't done before, that I'd like to give a try...So, here goes (in no particular order)...

1. Try a Mickey Premium Bar (Yep, I'm probably the ONLY one on the DIS who hasn't had one)
2. Drink a Lapu Lapu in the pineapple
3. Ride FOP and not throw up...:crazy2:
4. Try a new restaurant in DS, either QS or TS
5. Eat at Satu'li Canteen
6. Try School Bread (Yep, another one I haven't been able to get my hands on)
7. Get my picture taken with Kevin from UP (I LOVE that bird)!!!
8. Get a drink at Trader Sam's Grotto
9. Monorail Bar Crawl-Anyone possibly up for this??? @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly ????
10. Buy a new Dooney!!!!!

I think my list is a bit daunting right now. It may be giving me some anxiety...Who thinks I will be able to get some of this done????:P

Ok so I'm sorta catching up on this PTR in reverse order, but wanted to say I hope you accomplish all of these things! I've not done 6,7,8,9 or 10...but since I'm not a girlie-girl purse person I would skip 10...but I'd be up for all of the rest of those! I just had a Lapu Lapu last year for the first time, it was a drink my late MIL ALWAYS loved to get so my FIL got one in her honor...and handed it off to me...mistake! It was delicious. Sorry I couldn't partake in one with her while she was alive. :(

Satu'li Canteen is one of our favorites!

I wonder how much it would cost me for a short jaunt down to FLA for a few days in May? ;)

I was just thinking today about doing the Caring for Giants one in August. I need to find a few peoples review of it. How exciting! That will be fun!
We did this one and loved it, you take a Jeep to an area on the Safari to view the elephants. There is a CM and conservation CM. You learn about the elephants at AK and ways to keep the elephants and farmers in Africa safe with some inventive things. We loved it. It was well worth the cheap price and is about 1 hour so not long. I would recommend it.

UPDATE: 82 Days to go and Counting...:P

Where did we leave off? Oh yes, I was telling you all that I was able to book the rhino tour at AK for Friday morning. Again, so excited for this...I think rhinos are so cool looking and I can't wait to learn more about them and how they are cared for...

Going back to our plans, I think we are up to Sunday morning. I know for a fact that we will be sleeping in this morning as I can almost guarantee a very late Saturday night...But, we can't sleep in too late because we have reservations for brunch. A large group of us are heading over to The Contemporary Resort for...

upload_2019-2-8_8-34-3.jpeg

upload_2019-2-8_8-34-28.jpeg

images

Brunch at the Top. I can honestly say this has become one of my absolute favorite meals at Disney World. This will be my third time being able to enjoy this wonderful experience. If you have not done this, add it to your Disney Must-Do List...I know it's a bit pricey, but I think it's worth every bite!!! The views, service, and food are quite extraordinary. And those Bloody Mary's...DELICIOUS!

What are the plans after we all stuff ourselves silly???? I guess you will have to wait and see...:rolleyes1

We did this one and loved it, you take a Jeep to an area on the Safari to view the elephants. There is a CM and conservation CM. You learn about the elephants at AK and ways to keep the elephants and farmers in Africa safe with some inventive things. We loved it. It was well worth the cheap price and is about 1 hour so not long. I would recommend it.
I wonder if the girls are too young still. It does say 4 and up. It also says 80 to 100 feet away. How far is that? Or I guess how close did you get?

Sunday, 5/5 is my BIRTHDAY!!! :) I am childlike excited about spending my bday at Walt Disney World!! I'm contemplating trying to squeeze in 4 parks in 1 day as an epic bday celebration in the middle of the already EPIC Dis trip, but we'll see how that all plays out :)
That sounds like an amazing idea. I want to do the 4 parks in 1 day at some point.

I wonder if the girls are too young still. It does say 4 and up. It also says 80 to 100 feet away. How far is that? Or I guess how close did you get?

The elephants were pretty close! It is short so I think the girls would like it. They have little carvings of soap and what they talk about would be interesting to the girls. I don’t want to say to much to give it away. Here is a soso picture of us with the elephants behind us.
IMG_Feb82019at63439PM.jpg

I am so excited for the brunch. We were going to do it on our trip later this month, but have another guest joining us and I couldn't add them to the reservation. Still hoping something pops up but if not we'll have May!

Jenny sorry I hijacked your report for a few posts! The caring for giants is a really fun tour!

Ha! That's quite all right Caroline!!!!:flower:

I am so excited for the brunch. We were going to do it on our trip later this month, but have another guest joining us and I couldn't add them to the reservation. Still hoping something pops up but if not we'll have May!

Then, we MUST toast with a Bloody Mary!!!!:yay:

Super excited for your rhino tour!!
Brunch at the Top.

And those Bloody Mary's...DELICIOUS!

I am soooo excited to do this for a 2nd time. I absolutely adored it last Fall, and can't wait to get back and have some more of that sushi, and this time a Bloody Mary! And instead of the Eggs Bennie, I think this time I'm going to try the pancakes. Mmm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter