An Engaging and Magical Asian Adventure - Update 2/11 Shanghai

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by Flossbolna, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

Yes, I am over a month behind readung updates :rolleyes1 but I just had to comment on this insight---I think it is a really good one and very likely one of the big factors in the levels of all kinds of chronic health issues in the USA.

Flossbolna likes this.
  2. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 DIS Dad #174

Using my tablet so the full quote didn't show for some reason but I really enjoy all the different Disney castles.

Very shocking :laughing:

Well too late now. ....:faint:

I thought you said it was crowded :confused3

All those choices looked yummy

Quite fitting indeed! :thumbsup2

Flossbolna likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lovealldisney

lovealldisney Lover of all things Disney!

Hi Magdalene! :wave2: Haven't been on the DIS for quite awhile! Sounds like this was an amazing trip! And congrats on getting married! I'm so happy for you! DH and I finally made our Paris/France trip in May! Wonderful time and wonderful country! :love:But alas no Disney Paris for us. That just gives us an excuse to go back!:hyper:

Flossbolna likes this.
  5. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 DIS Dad #174

Looks like life has been as busy for you as it has been for me. Hope you had a great birthday! :cake: Tried to post here but the DIS was having issues :guilty: so hopefully you got my email. :hug: Hate we missed Michael at DW. Unfortunately the window of opportunity was very limited. :worried:

Flossbolna likes this.
  6. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Just checking to see if you've popped in here. Looks like you are super busy with life, but hoping it's all good things. Miss you!

Flossbolna likes this.
  7. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

Finally got to read some of this. Looking forward to the Japan part. We plan to go in 2022. I want to hit Tokyo, Disneyland, Kyoto, Osaka, and Universal and maybe the Miyazaki park. I know, it's pretty far off. I completely get the life getting in the way. I have given up on writing trip reports, because I end up having too many trips between and never get to finish the earlier report:rolleyes1 Oh well. I hope you find time to update on Japan. Thanks for taking the time to write this report.

Flossbolna likes this.
  8. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Finally able to catch up ! So sorry for the delay.

Married an already have a boyfriend... Girlfriend......

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nice that you could get the whole set.

Best laid plans.... you had to be exhausted!

Apparently they are needed. :crazy2::scared:

Yes he is hey perfect Disney point. Good seeing you Michael! :laughing:

There - All caught up! Hope All is going well in your part of the world. Happy Anniversary! A bit late but hope your last trip to WDW was nice.

Flossbolna likes this.
  9. irene_dsc

irene_dsc DIS Veteran

Checking in, after reading the whole thing (so far)! I love the amount of detail you put into your stories, even though it's unlikely we'll have a chance to use any of your tips!

Flossbolna likes this.
  10. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Hello everyone!! Happy New Year and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I am really sorry for falling off the face of the earth. I am not really sure what to tell you what happened. But one thing I know: When my husband is around, I am far less likely to find time for my trip report. I guess I do enjoy his company and we do too many things together, so less time for trip report writing. Then work was crazy, I spent weekends with various parts of my family and then left for four blissful weeks in sunny Florida over Christmas! I got to see New Year's Eve fireworks at WDW (as a double feature: first at MK for NYE-Eve and then on the real day in Epcot). Afterwards I was too spoilt to enjoy Happy Ever After... Now I am back in grey and snowy Germany missing my husband and have time to come back to this report to bask in the happy memories of our amazing trip: at least it will be sunny in my heart!

So, let's do some replies first, in case you all still know what your replies were about...

Yes, scary...

So sorry about your phone! But I am sure he warned you!

They already have that - they call it the College Program

The Challenge Trails get rave reviews from everyone who was on them. They are so nicely different.

Good strategy!

I have friends with two daughters (9 and 6) and they want to go to Florida on vacation and I have a really hard time to tell them when to go. After experiencing Christmas week I have to say I think it is not as crazy as I always thought it would be. I think with older kids it could actually be quite manageable. I am not going to recommend it for my friends who have never been to WDW before and I think their girls are still too young. But a family with teenagers who have experience at WDW could have a blast with all the extra entertainment and such.

Not a hard sell. I have heard many opinions about Shanghai so far and the one thing that everyone agrees on is that Pirates is amazing. I have not heard one single person say that they were not impressed.

soniam likes this.
  11. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Magdalene! party:

Flossbolna likes this.
  12. Flossbolna

Ha! You were afraid of me updating too quickly!! That is nice!

This has changed now, but only for those who bought the ticket through the hotel or something like that. But now it is a perk that is really valuable!

Or make sure that you can take advantage of the hotel entry perk!

I feel like I should have watched Tron. But by now you might be more likely to ride the Tron coaster at WDW before Shanghai. I think it is opening next year?

I am surprised that others haven't commented on how short it is. Compared to other coasters it feels very short too me.

I had never heard of Tron before I heard Disney people talk about being excited about the relaunch a few years ago.

I am happy to have provided the exclusive Club 33 picture in Shanghai!

We had looked at it the other day, so knew that there was stuff that looked good.

I hope the sweaty paving stone work is only a distant memory now and that weather has become far more pleasant by now!

Since Michael had told me about the copy cat approach at SDL, it was actually quite easy to see while there.

Smart person not going on the canoes! I approve!

I think the trail at DCA is more of a walk through attraction, this was more like a zip line without the zipping, just walking along. Kind of like the bridge people go over at the Wild Africa Trek at AK.

Sounds like Fran was very smart there!

Soon there will be a fourth: Tokyo.

It took me some time to realize how the layout worked - and once you have worked it out, it's still a pain because nothing is close

It really was just a stop over on our way to the main event: Japan!

13. iivye

iivye DIS Veteran

Yea! Looking forward to the Tokyo part!

Flossbolna likes this.
  14. Flossbolna

Sorry that this trip report kind of stopped last fall. It sounds like you could have used some more of it before your trip. Sounds like you had some great plans and I hope that they turned into an amazing trip!

15. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

Oh no - I haven't gone on the trip yet! Still about 9 months away! And I totally understand delays in updating! Can't wait to (hopefully) read more!

Flossbolna likes this.
  16. Flossbolna

I had to laugh at this, but I think I understand.

I think part of my issue with SDL was the heat. And a very open and sunny space was not something we were interested it. With seasonal decorations I can imagine to be beautiful!

That sounds like a strange concept, too. At Europapark they have a great concept with shelves next to the train that are then locked until this train comes back to the station. To me this is the best solution for bags I ever experienced!

So, BTM must feel like eternity then to you?

I guess your upcoming trip is now your past trip already: So, did you make it there and did you like it?

I know that we are quite different in our attraction preferences, but it is interesting how your and my opinions about SDL attractions are so similar!

I agree. Strange choice!

I think all outdoor attractions are different at night and worth it twice therefore.

17. Flossbolna

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the updates - and in the interest of me catching up with replies, I am not too sad that your reply was short! :goodvibes

18. Flossbolna

Hi Kate! Great to see you! I like your new name and avatar! I don't think I could ever give up my name...

Thank you! Ultimately it was thanks to the internet, a common friend and both of our love for Disney. We started out as friends emailing each other and talking on the phone for quite some time without ever thinking about a relationship.

I think they were made worse due to summer and the crowds. Cooler weather, less busy season at the park and the personal space situation should be much better.

Magical_Suitcase likes this.
  19. Flossbolna

Don't worry about being behind in reading updates. I am even more behind in writing them... :confused3

NHdisneylover likes this.
  20. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

No apologies necessary. Life, and vacation, can get in the way of documenting our vacations:scratchin Hope you had a good time with your husband.

NHdisneylover and Flossbolna like this.
  21. Flossbolna

I can promise you that we were bored enough with WDW that we ended up eating a ton there! :rotfl:

The parks! Not Disneytown! and not on sunny streets in the middle of the day!! :thumbsup2

The food there was overall really good.

soniam likes this.