AN AP-ALOOZA with a baby! October TR turned year of Disney! NEW 2/7 AUG FINISHED!

Great updates!

BUT, I cannot get past the squirrel story. That is my worst nightmare!! So glad you guys weren't hurt! He was probably more surprised than you were...but still! EEK!

Wow! What a fun, action-packed day you had together! So much fun! :yay:

It's so sweet to watch Aria become gradually more confident with the characters. How cute about her turning around and backing up to sit on the princesses! Hehee. I think Tigger is a bit big and scary too, actually, so I totally understand her hesitation there!

I can't help but giggle at the pic of Aria poking her foot through the bars when you told her not to. Doesn't that just capture the essence of toddlers testing their boundaires and rules!? :goodvibes

How bizarre about the squirrel that jumped on you both!! I would have laughed / screamed / both! :lmao:

The dessert party sounds like fun! You and Aria did so well by the sounds of it, even if it was late and tricky to get to the snacks. :thumbsup2

By the way, baby Leo is now obsessed with those little cereal puffs and yoghurt drops! Sometimes I think he deliberately doesn't eat his vegies so he'll get puffs and yoghurt drops instead. Hehee. But seriously, he's becoming quite a good little eater now, yay!

Thanks for another fabulous update! Can't wait for more! :banana:

yes, VERY gradually working up to those cute character meets I get to read about in other TR's! LOL! silly girl!

She is doing that more and more, pushing and pushing as to what we will allow. Usually I don't care either way but need to start standing my ground more now that she is doing naughtier and naughtier things. Like last night's DEMANDING of the BI-PAD (her word for ipad). UGH! She is definitely a toddler now!

I'd have screamed but was just so stunned with the squirrel and making sure Aria was fine, I just couldn't believe no one else saw!

I'm so glad he is doing better at eating!! That's what that 6m-12m period is though, just getting the hang of eating and prepping for food to become the source of nutrition. that doesn't happen overnight!! Glad he loves them!!

Commenting as I go here...

I can't believe Aria's almost 2! How long have I been following your TRs?! Wasn't she just born? :confused3 Wow. Can't wait to hear about the party.

Sounds like a great breakfast. Izzy is obsessed with scrambled eggs, so she'd approve (we actually had some with dinner tonight!)

Ah, too bad she wasn't up for Mickey and Minnie right away! At least she approved of Dug! I mean, how can you not? ;) Ha, I love the second picture of her with Donald Duck...it looks like she's trying to protect herself! :rotfl2:

Wow, up close and personal with a Disney squirrel! Where was Dug when you needed him? Squirrel!! :squirrel: Yeah, that's a bizarre character meet for sure.

So, what is this playground in Animal Kingdom? It's not part of the Boneyard? (We didn't make it there). It looks fun and I'm sad we missed out on it.

Yay for giving Pooh a bear hug!! :yay: After all the character-resistance she's shown, that's a great moment.

Ah, so cute with the goats. Sad we didn't make it over there either. I think Izzy would have enjoyed playing with them too.

Ha, I'm glad she didn't get pureed food all over everything. Izzy enjoys purposely emptying hers onto her tray sometimes. I can only imagine if she had a book or something to mess with. So, she had a regular cup and straw? Izzy kept grabbing our water cups/straws during the trip and I was terrified of her pouring the whole thing out on her or throwing it on the floor, but she was obsessed with them. We averted disaster, thankfully. She does the same thing - treating straw cups as sippies (which is why the Zoli one works for her, since it has the weight on the straw). I think the water cups were too heavy for her or she would have done the same. And your lettuce wraps look SOOO good! And the fried wontons after that? Yum!!

I'm impressed she could nap through all the carrier changes. 3 hours is great!

Wow, look at all that hair!! :eek: Izzy is so bald compared to Aria! :rotfl:

So cute riding the TTA! Wow, all those shows would have been a tough line-up for Izzy. We didn't even consider attempting Hall of Presidents. She was also very restless during the Tiki Room. So cute that Aria said bubbles! That's cool that she got to explore the tree house.

Ha, that's cute about backing up to the princesses.

Gosh, that would be so hard to manage a dessert party on your own with a toddler. Good for you! Between getting around and keeping her from taking and/or throwing all my food, I think it would be rough and hard to enjoy. That's cool that people stayed at their tables. We went to a dessert party a few years ago and everyone gathered at the rail (but we had a front-row table, so we grabbed a good spot at the rail before others filled in).

Sounds like a fun day!

I know, I started the PTR back when I was still pregnant! It's crazy. It happened in a blink of an eye, yet so much has happened & changed since then!

You know I'll be posting a ton of pics on FB! LOL. I like to make sure EVERYONE sees aria pics ;) all.the.time!

Haha she did that a lot with characters, keeping her hands close and making sure they do not touch her. I was getting a little worried about that, but she did so much better in december, esp with her voluntary high-fives.

The playground with the slides and such is the easy part to find. You park the stroller and enter the play area, BUT the boneyard is across the bridge over the walkway and then down! We had visited maybe 4 or 5 times before I was like "I KNOW there is a boneyard somewhere in this place!!" and went off in search of it this trip, and finally went over the bridge and made it there! No idea why it was so tough for me to find! :rotfl2:

Yeah I have been bringing a cup into restaurants, cleaning it out and then ordering her fresh milk and pouring it into the sippy cup...but at Y&Y I forgot it in the stroller. Not normally a big issue but when you're by yourself, already unpacked the backpack and would need to carry aria back out & downstairs, then go clean the cup, etc all the while leaving the table empty, I decided just to let her have the cup w/ lid and straw. She loves them, but usually I just let her have a water cup since at least it's just water...

Luckily she doesn't do much throwing on the floor, more just tipping so high up that it spills out where the straw goes in, or worse, the lid pops off and everything spills everywhere... :faint:

her hair was crazy after the nap! it's halfway down her back now, and i've been straightening it since it usually looks like that craziness otherwise! haha.

It was so nice to see wishes without crazy crowds and being able to sit down, but I'd do it again with andrew next time. Next august I think i'll just try to get a FP or just stand on main st. It wasn't TOO bad, but the late time and the difficulty getting everything back the the table made it not as enjoyable. Granted, she could have just walked but in new situations she likes to be held and that late at night I don't think she would have been very cooperative.

Great updates!

BUT, I cannot get past the squirrel story. That is my worst nightmare!! So glad you guys weren't hurt! He was probably more surprised than you were...but still! EEK!

Hahaha!! It was so weird, but yes I was scouring aria for scratches or something!! I would have taken her to first aid if i saw any broken skin but didn't see anything. It was the strangest experience though, like it never even happened?? :confused3

My august trip is happening! I just booked August 24-28 at BLT and 28-31 at AKV Kidani!! EEK!

BLT Standard studio wasn't available, so I decided to do a split stay with lake view for 4 nights and then head to kidani to save a little $$ and also enjoy the pool & splash pad there for the last 3 nights. I'm *thinking* about just using ME & no car, focusing on EPCOT & MK while at BLT and AK & DHS while at AKV, but need to sit down and figure out what restaurants I MUST visit first in order to see if I can do without a car.

Just Aria and me again! So now we are doing BLT,AKV, GFV and BCV this year! :cool1: and still a DL trip just haven't begun to plan that yet.

Daycare slid in the possibility of a 2nd week off sometime this year. So stay tuned, that might be another disney week :stir:

My august trip is happening! I just booked August 24-28 at BLT and 28-31 at AKV Kidani!! EEK! BLT Standard studio wasn't available, so I decided to do a split stay with lake view for 4 nights and then head to kidani to save a little $$ and also enjoy the pool & splash pad there for the last 3 nights. I'm *thinking* about just using ME & no car, focusing on EPCOT & MK while at BLT and AK & DHS while at AKV, but need to sit down and figure out what restaurants I MUST visit first in order to see if I can do without a car. Just Aria and me again! So now we are doing BLT,AKV, GFV and BCV this year! :cool1: and still a DL trip just haven't begun to plan that yet. Daycare slid in the possibility of a 2nd week off sometime this year. So stay tuned, that might be another disney week :stir:

I'm excited for you! Your August trip mirrors what my family is planning for our newborn's first birthday in December! I figured what could be more fun than watching my one year old watch animals from our hotel room! I also really hate the post fireworks rush out of MK, so watching them from BLT is basically how we plan to avoid using four letter words in front of our precious innocent daughter! I read through some of your trip report while I was pregnant, but now I think I need to review since baby is here! I'll have yo home back and see when you go to GFV. I'm curious what Aria will think of that location, as it so far seems less child centered than some of the others ( though I haven't been inside it yet)

Lots of comments...you've been warned :)

First- I've been following your trip report on and off for quite sometime but still am shocked that Aria is almost two...absolutely crazy!

Wow 3 minutes to Animal Kingdom...cant beat that.

I totally do not think it is silly that you were all excited about her first interaction with a character. A few weeks ago my lo hugged a character at an indoor waterpark and I got all excited that when we visit wdw at the end of the month he might actually like them.

Oh my goodness I can't believe it was already 90 degrees. That is absolutely crazy but after our 2 days this week with a high in the teens and a below 0 wind chill it sounds pretty good :)

Wow, Your squirrel story just sounds crazy. Knowing me I likely would have screamed or something in shock and looked like a crazy person. I'm surprised there wasn't a melt down but I assume it was more shock than fear lol.

I'm very excited to visit all the playgrounds. I just know he is going to love them. I just fear the moment when we need to leave them.

So beyond the goats do you feel going back to the rafiki place is worth it. (sorry cant remember the right name). We have a petting area at the zoo with goats and whatnot so I dont want to make the trip back there unless there was some other wow facter for a 2 year old. Although I know he would love the train ride.

I just love county bears. Zavier clapped there for the first time so it will always be a little special for me. And I love the off the wall lyrics. haha

How awesome about the first time saying bubble :)

The wishes desert party sounds really nice. We've never done it but maybe someday.

I'm excited for you! Your August trip mirrors what my family is planning for our newborn's first birthday in December! I figured what could be more fun than watching my one year old watch animals from our hotel room! I also really hate the post fireworks rush out of MK, so watching them from BLT is basically how we plan to avoid using four letter words in front of our precious innocent daughter! I read through some of your trip report while I was pregnant, but now I think I need to review since baby is here! I'll have yo home back and see when you go to GFV. I'm curious what Aria will think of that location, as it so far seems less child centered than some of the others ( though I haven't been inside it yet)

Aww so you guys are doing the same split stay then!?! That is going to be SO MUCH FUN!! Congrats on your newborn, going to be so great at 1 for her birthday.

Hope you guys are doing great!! Must be so nice having a little baby around!! :bride:

We don't go to GFV until October...soo you have a while to wait!! Pretty soon I'm going to start a new TR thread with this years AP's (including the december trip we just took). GF has an AMAZING water play area for kids, so that's what I am most excited about for Aria there LOL. Well, that and the location. I don't *love* the theming as some do, so I really only expect to go that one time in October.

Lots of comments...you've been warned :)

First- I've been following your trip report on and off for quite sometime but still am shocked that Aria is almost two...absolutely crazy!

I KNOW it is ridiculous. 1st birthdays seem so different from 2nd. Now she's a little kid, before she was still a baby :confused3

Wow 3 minutes to Animal Kingdom...cant beat that.

I totally do not think it is silly that you were all excited about her first interaction with a character. A few weeks ago my lo hugged a character at an indoor waterpark and I got all excited that when we visit wdw at the end of the month he might actually like them.

Aww that is so sweet!! It's been a sloowwwww journey working towards these character interactions, hoping that as she learns the characters more then she will "get" the meets with them - like Minnie in December.

Oh my goodness I can't believe it was already 90 degrees. That is absolutely crazy but after our 2 days this week with a high in the teens and a below 0 wind chill it sounds pretty good :)

The August temps were crazy. In the midst of it I honestly don't remember minding though I was worried about Aria staying cool really, not myself. Looking back at all the photos though I feel like we both looked extremely hot and sweaty and gross...ugh! :eek:

Wow, Your squirrel story just sounds crazy. Knowing me I likely would have screamed or something in shock and looked like a crazy person. I'm surprised there wasn't a melt down but I assume it was more shock than fear lol.

I'm very excited to visit all the playgrounds. I just know he is going to love them. I just fear the moment when we need to leave them.

Just have something else to entice him to leave!! I don't think it was ever that bad because I'd just say we are going to ride this or get a snack or whatever...

So beyond the goats do you feel going back to the rafiki place is worth it. (sorry cant remember the right name). We have a petting area at the zoo with goats and whatnot so I dont want to make the trip back there unless there was some other wow facter for a 2 year old. Although I know he would love the train ride.

Ummm that's a hard one. Aria loves it, and it is a nice way to relax for a bit on the train ride. Inside, nothing really is all that exciting IMO - meet Rafiki, see a vet visit (kinda neat to me, not so much for Aria). But I'd hate to miss it? IDK just because it's so out of the norm AT disney to go and pet the animals and Aria enjoyed it so much...and it isn't like it took away from doing something else we wanted to do at AK? Not much help, I know...

I just love county bears. Zavier clapped there for the first time so it will always be a little special for me. And I love the off the wall lyrics. haha

How awesome about the first time saying bubble :)

The wishes desert party sounds really nice. We've never done it but maybe someday.

It was fun!! Amazing now how much she is saying that new words aren't as exciting since they are happening all the time, but it was pretty neat to rememeber that one specifically. That is special about the Country Bears! Maybe we were just having an off day... :goodvibes

I need to stop taking week-long hiatus' (hiati?) from the TR, because I keep popping back up with a new trip booked! :rotfl:

My friend Lynda (who I went out to Monterey to visit in October as my first girls weekend in...IDK 5 years?), Aria and I are heading to DISNEYLAND!! May 2 for 5 nights staying at the Disneyland Hotel!! :cool1:

She is active duty Air Force, so we get 3-day hoppers for $129 and discounts on the hotel (they "say" it is 40% off but seems to be more like 20% off of their online rates - still great though). We will just split 1 room so that'll be nice.

I'm going to start reading and re-reading some of your TRs (khertz and kmedina I know have some DL trs!!). I already made a list of the attractions Aria can do (IDK WHY i am so excited for the canal boats LOLOL, I loved them when I was little). I was last there in 2008, so right before Little Mermaid opened and also before Cars Land opened, and I also skipped Mickey's Toontown which Aria has yet to see since they closed WDW's version before she went there. So yep, super excited for all these new experiences!! Trying to figure out who to bribe to get me into Club 33...hmmm...and whether we should do the blue bayou or skip it. Anyway, I've never stayed on-site at DL (I've done HOJO's for 5 trips I think) so I'm super excited about that, too. we will have 1 spare "free" day so not sure if we will just do pool/DTD/etc or go to another park...

Ok enough babble! Just wanted to share my excitement since I know you all understand!! :goodvibes

Oh wow! How exciting!! Trips galore for you, lucky girl!! :)

My sister and her three kids are in Disneyland at the moment, having lots of fun. We've never been but it looks ace!

Man, I want your life! :lmao: All those trips lined up...pretty awesome! :thumbsup2

I can't remember - how are you staying at the DVC properties? Do you rent points? Just curious, since we had our first experience doing that (for Aulani) and would consider it for AKV, if not others (but they have the "value" category, which is hard to beat).

For Disneyland, one report that comes to mind is this one (I had to go look it up in my old subscriptions): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2306487
It's a few years old and unfinished, but I love her TRs and her son was just over 2 when they took this trip, so pretty close to Aria's age when you go. I don't know when we'll get back to Disneyland, but we really want to sometime. We were there for one day - back in 2006 - so there was no Cars Land or anything back then. So many cool things to do! Oh, have you eaten at the Blue Bayou before? If not, I would - that's on our list for sure! Dug's sister and her husband had dinner there a while back, along the water, and really enjoyed it.

Now don't come back until you've booked another trip! :rotfl2:

Aww so you guys are doing the same split stay then!?! That is going to be SO MUCH FUN!! Congrats on your newborn, going to be so great at 1 for her birthday. Hope you guys are doing great!! Must be so nice having a little baby around!! :bride: We don't go to GFV until October...soo you have a while to wait!! Pretty soon I'm going to start a new TR thread with this years AP's (including the december trip we just took). GF has an AMAZING water play area for kids, so that's what I am most excited about for Aria there LOL. Well, that and the location. I don't *love* the theming as some do, so I really only expect to go that one time in October. I KNOW it is ridiculous. 1st birthdays seem so different from 2nd. Now she's a little kid, before she was still a baby :confused3 Aww that is so sweet!! It's been a sloowwwww journey working towards these character interactions, hoping that as she learns the characters more then she will "get" the meets with them - like Minnie in December. The August temps were crazy. In the midst of it I honestly don't remember minding though I was worried about Aria staying cool really, not myself. Looking back at all the photos though I feel like we both looked extremely hot and sweaty and gross...ugh! :eek: Just have something else to entice him to leave!! I don't think it was ever that bad because I'd just say we are going to ride this or get a snack or whatever... Ummm that's a hard one. Aria loves it, and it is a nice way to relax for a bit on the train ride. Inside, nothing really is all that exciting IMO - meet Rafiki, see a vet visit (kinda neat to me, not so much for Aria). But I'd hate to miss it? IDK just because it's so out of the norm AT disney to go and pet the animals and Aria enjoyed it so much...and it isn't like it took away from doing something else we wanted to do at AK? Not much help, I know... It was fun!! Amazing now how much she is saying that new words aren't as exciting since they are happening all the time, but it was pretty neat to rememeber that one specifically. That is special about the Country Bears! Maybe we were just having an off day... :goodvibes

This will be our first on property stay, so it's a big deal for us. I forgot that play area was there. After getting all the mailers of how beautiful GFV is, I would LOVE to stay there by myself! I love that you and other moms with babies do trip reports. It's an inspiration and great help to first time moms like me,

Oh wow! How exciting!! Trips galore for you, lucky girl!! :)

My sister and her three kids are in Disneyland at the moment, having lots of fun. We've never been but it looks ace!

THank you!! I know what I want to do, and because I HAVE to work (BOO) I want to make the most of my life with aria, so I guess disney (for me) is the way to do it!!

It's closer for ya! You'll have to plan a trip out there!

Man, I want your life! :lmao: All those trips lined up...pretty awesome! :thumbsup2

I can't remember - how are you staying at the DVC properties? Do you rent points? Just curious, since we had our first experience doing that (for Aulani) and would consider it for AKV, if not others (but they have the "value" category, which is hard to beat).

For Disneyland, one report that comes to mind is this one (I had to go look it up in my old subscriptions): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2306487
It's a few years old and unfinished, but I love her TRs and her son was just over 2 when they took this trip, so pretty close to Aria's age when you go. I don't know when we'll get back to Disneyland, but we really want to sometime. We were there for one day - back in 2006 - so there was no Cars Land or anything back then. So many cool things to do! Oh, have you eaten at the Blue Bayou before? If not, I would - that's on our list for sure! Dug's sister and her husband had dinner there a while back, along the water, and really enjoyed it.

Now don't come back until you've booked another trip! :rotfl2:

THANK YOU!! I will bookmark that. I just reread Khertz's report from when Paxton was 19m so that was great! Though Aria does meet a few height requirements that he didn't then.

YES we rent points!! We have an awesome points rental guy who has like 3000 points or something ridiculous and 6 home resorts. The price per night (to give you an idea) for BLT studio is about $200. And for AKV something like $180. So is that what you're doing for Aulani? Can you tell me how that is working out cost wise if you don't mind? Hawaii is on our short list for places to go with Aria; I grew up in Seattle so our family vacations were to Hawaii each year, but DH has never been.

Nothing new so far, though I do plan to start working on August 2015 to France. From my previous europe trips I've definitely found some really neat hotels that book up over a year in advance so want to be sure I can stay anywhere that I absolutely fall in love with!!

This will be our first on property stay, so it's a big deal for us. I forgot that play area was there. After getting all the mailers of how beautiful GFV is, I would LOVE to stay there by myself! I love that you and other moms with babies do trip reports. It's an inspiration and great help to first time moms like me,

That is!! THank you, that is so sweet!! I am a first time mom too, just nearly 2 years at it now! haha! :) :) Yes I have eyed that play area from the monorail many times, I can't wait for Aria to actually get to play there! And by then she will be over 2.5 so I think she'll really enjoy it.

YES we rent points!! We have an awesome points rental guy who has like 3000 points or something ridiculous and 6 home resorts. The price per night (to give you an idea) for BLT studio is about $200. And for AKV something like $180. So is that what you're doing for Aulani? Can you tell me how that is working out cost wise if you don't mind? Hawaii is on our short list for places to go with Aria; I grew up in Seattle so our family vacations were to Hawaii each year, but DH has never been.

3000 points...WOW! :scared1: Imagine his yearly maintenance fees...yikes!

That seems reasonable for those places. We found an Aulani owner to rent from at $12/point and each night is 19 points at the time we're going, so I believe it was $228/night for a Standard View Studio. The regular rate through Disney is over $500/night for either this or a regular hotel room. So, over 1/2 off! Plus, we get free parking doing this vs. the $35/night if not going through DVC. :woohoo: Our person also owns at AKV and I'd consider the value studios there in the future since a whole week is 69 points and many of the value studios actually have savanna views (value because they're slightly smaller, but have decent views). Can't beat that - AKL studio for the price of Pop Century.

Great updates! :)

Thank you!!

3000 points...WOW! :scared1: Imagine his yearly maintenance fees...yikes!

That seems reasonable for those places. We found an Aulani owner to rent from at $12/point and each night is 19 points at the time we're going, so I believe it was $228/night for a Standard View Studio. The regular rate through Disney is over $500/night for either this or a regular hotel room. So, over 1/2 off! Plus, we get free parking doing this vs. the $35/night if not going through DVC. :woohoo: Our person also owns at AKV and I'd consider the value studios there in the future since a whole week is 69 points and many of the value studios actually have savanna views (value because they're slightly smaller, but have decent views). Can't beat that - AKL studio for the price of Pop Century.

IDK how you get the Poly for around 200! That's awesome ( I think you mentioned that on my comment on your TR). I think for him, renters are paying for his trips now you know. But yes, crazy fees!!

That isn't bad at all for Hawaii!! That is good to know since eventually I'll drag andrew out there and want to spend a few nights there before hopping to Maui. AKV is totally worth it! Love it there. I got a standard bc the values were sold out (they usually sell out right at 11m) but I also wanted to try out Kidani this trip.

IDK how you get the Poly for around 200! That's awesome ( I think you mentioned that on my comment on your TR).
Yeah, in the 200's, at least. I just saw that Tikiman posted about a rate increase and the rack rate for the cheapest rooms is now $480 minimum/night. Crazy! However, the way we get it into the 200's is: go during low-rate season and get room-only discount through Disney (30% last time, more in 2010 w/AP's...40%, I think) + pay with WDW gift cards purchased at Target with all my discounts (last time was 10% team member, 10% rewards for completing Healthy Pregnancy Program through insurance, and 5% RedCard discount...normally won't have that second 10% and would use 5% Pharmacy Rewards instead, which couldn't be combined with that bonus 10%). Anyway, with likely future discounts, we could only get it down to $273/night, which is really pushing it. Once they finish putting in DVC at the Poly, I'll be interested to see how much I could manage to rent a studio for. Maybe it would be comparable to the room with discounts.

AKV is totally worth it! Love it there. I got a standard bc the values were sold out (they usually sell out right at 11m) but I also wanted to try out Kidani this trip.
Are the values just at Jambo? If renting DVC at Jambo, can the Kidani water play area be used?

Yeah, in the 200's, at least. I just saw that Tikiman posted about a rate increase and the rack rate for the cheapest rooms is now $480 minimum/night. Crazy! However, the way we get it into the 200's is: go during low-rate season and get room-only discount through Disney (30% last time, more in 2010 w/AP's...40%, I think) + pay with WDW gift cards purchased at Target with all my discounts (last time was 10% team member, 10% rewards for completing Healthy Pregnancy Program through insurance, and 5% RedCard discount...normally won't have that second 10% and would use 5% Pharmacy Rewards instead, which couldn't be combined with that bonus 10%). Anyway, with likely future discounts, we could only get it down to $273/night, which is really pushing it. Once they finish putting in DVC at the Poly, I'll be interested to see how much I could manage to rent a studio for. Maybe it would be comparable to the room with discounts. Are the values just at Jambo? If renting DVC at Jambo, can the Kidani water play area be used?

I bet you could get a studio at the poly for 180-200/night with renting points. I forgot about your awesome target gc adventures. Hahah if you ever can get more than you plan to use feel free to let me know ;) lol!

Yeah values are only at Jambo. But staying on DVC points you will be able to pool hop almost anywhere on property (not at BC) so yes can def go to Kidani. Also you should be able to get dvc discounts at the marinas for boat rentals ;)

I bet you could get a studio at the poly for 180-200/night with renting points. I forgot about your awesome target gc adventures. Hahah if you ever can get more than you plan to use feel free to let me know ;) lol!

Yeah values are only at Jambo. But staying on DVC points you will be able to pool hop almost anywhere on property (not at BC) so yes can def go to Kidani. Also you should be able to get dvc discounts at the marinas for boat rentals ;)
Less than $200/night for the Poly would be awesome! I'm expecting it to be something like the GFV, though, and I think that would be low $200's or so (can't remember exactly what I calculated on that).

I doubt we'll ever have more gift cards than we'll use, since they don't expire! :rotfl: We actually have $450 leftover from this past trip that we'll use at Aulani!

Okay, good to know about AKV. So, do people who are staying on rented points get all of the perks of a DVC member? (I'm not sure what all there are, but discounts or something).

HI! I just found ALLLL your TRs and PTRs a couple weeks ago and just got caught up!!! I was looking for advice/info on going to the World with our little DD, Camryn. She will be 18 months when we finally get to take her, so while I was going through your Mommy/Daughter trip, I couldn't help but think about how big and active she will be on our trip in October!! We share DVC points with my mom and dad, and I have been going to WDW my whole life, but I am anxious about going with a baby and how we are really going to have to modify how we navigate the parks! My DH and I, and even my dad, are really looking forward to slowing down and spending more time at the resort, which you helped to solidify is the way to go to keep everyone rested and happy! My mom is the one that is aways Go Go Go, and hopefully she'll realize we can't do that with a baby!

Anyway, THANK YOU for documenting and not giving up on your TRs they are such a pleasure to read and chalked full of good information for us with little ones! Just some things that come to mind that I would like to comment on:

1) If I remember correctly from your December 2012 trip...you were there during our DFTW!!! We were married at the Wedding Pavilion and had our reception in the Whitehall Room at the Grand Floridian on December 9, 2012! It was really foggy in the mornings, except on our wedding day, it was BEAUTIFUL and also the construction crane from building Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was down that day and NOT in any of our photos!!! LOL! (Oh the things Disney Brides worry about!!)

2) I think we might just miss y'all in October of this year, I think you are going just a week or so earlier than we are planning. Darn!

3) I'm glad your DSLR camera is ok after being soaked in the rain, and that it got you into the MK early!

4) I am now trying to figure out how I can afford to buy Matilda Jane and KPea clothes for Camryn! They are absolutely ADORABLE, of course it helps that Aria is GORGEOUS and wears them so well!!! I want to be on your hand-me-down list!

5) YAAAAAYYYYYY Jake is home!!! I'm an animal lover (My BS degree is in Animal Science!) and can relate to how worried you were about him, its a horrible feeling, but I'm glad he's home safe!

That's all I can think of right now, but I will definitely be subscribing and want to follow you over to your 2013-14 PTR/TR to watch Miss Aria grow and change and enjoy the parks! :love:

Okay, good to know about AKV. So, do people who are staying on rented points get all of the perks of a DVC member? (I'm not sure what all there are, but discounts or something).

I am a DVC member, and you have to show your member card for many of the perks, but I can not speak to what you can and can not get! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter