An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

I love all your colorful photos! I agree, the black and white ones are really neat. Especially the ones focusing on "classic Disney" - seems so appropriate.
I hope your knee is feeling better!
Aww, thanks!!!! I'm so glad you're here too!!

Knee is finally feeling so much better. I think I was simply not being very kind to it walking 10 or more miles a day on it. It was telling me to slow down, but I kept yelling back, "But this is Disney!". LOL!!

Somehow I had missed the existence of this TR, too!! Clearly, I'm having a problem with my DIS-ing these days! I've really enjoyed catching up on all I had missed here, and LOVED the idea to photograph a color-a-day. That's such a fun way to capture the "same things" we always find ourselves taking pictures of on each trip, and appreciate them in a new and different way. I really enjoyed the new perspectives!
Aww, thanks, Jackie!! It was a fun personal project for exactly the reasons you pointed out. :) I find it's easy to get in a rut with photography but this also helped me focus on some details I hadn't seen before.

Hey All!!

I know it's been just forever since I've really been here in a meaningful way. Between the move from KY to AZ, then Disney, and then trying to get settled into my new home/RV, find and settle the details of my new job, and then NOT having much (and most times not any) internet in the park (it's WAY outside of Tucson) it's been almost impossible to be here.

Internet is the bane of most RVers lives and I'm still trying to get a solution worked out. The park does have some limited internet, but I don't want to have to spend my time in the Rec Hall or other public buildings when I want to be online. So, I'm looking into mobile hotspots, antennas, all that jazz. My newest friends have lent me their hotspot for the evening to try out to see if this might be a good fix. So far, so good; fingers crossed!!!

Having said that, I think I am caught up here and when I post the next chapter we'll pick it up where I left off. And to be honest I don't know where that is and I'm too lazy to even look. LOL!! Meantime I need to catch up on my other thread (and it won't be tonight) and then spend some time reading all the other threads I'm subbed into.

I start work on the 27th and have a ton of work to do still in getting my RV settled into. I absolutely love it here and can't wait to share the process of making my "house" a home over the next months. :)

Meantime, take care Friends. I am not sure when I'll get my internet up and running but I'll try to answer chatter as I can. Love to you all,

Steppe

Yes, got here on the 14th and will be here until early May.
Hope you enjoy your time there. :)
You probably are going to have to from now on unless you want to pay a ton extra.
Define.... "ton"
LOL!! Disney doesn't even try to hide those anymore.
:laughing:
Unless you're like me. (and I'd imagine you aren't) and regularly, but wholly accidentally, go into the wrong bathroom. (Twice on the last trip.)
Twice?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek:

:rotfl:
Yes, they were using a TON of Mears and other private bus companies back then, and scooters couldn't get on them, so they often had to wait for several buses to come and go for one that could accommodate a scooter or wheelchair.
:sad2:
Disney, while trying to accommodate more, are alienating some.
While I agree with you in principle in general, I disagree with you that there should be no line whatsoever. Sorry, pools and every other public space, especially ones geared towards kids should be nip-free.
Again... depends on where the line is drawn as well.
I didn't say there shouldn't be a line, just asking where do you draw it. And... I think I'd best drop it as this is starting to feel a bit... political in tone, which isn't overly encouraged on these boards!

Aaaaand, I'm STILL behind! UGH!
But looks like you're catching up!
I think it's going to be around 1.5 hours which isn't so bad.
Still long... but certainly better!
Maybe I can listen to audio books or learn Spanish while I commute.
Very ambitious of you! I could never do that while driving, I think.
It was a great coaster with a super smooth track. I asked LOTS of people about it before I committed.
Huh! Guess I'll give it a try, then. If/when.
Ba- dum- dum... tsssss.
I'm here all week. Try the veal.
No, no, just me being incredibly silly and immature.
Nah. It was a cute shot of you. :)
Frozen is best!
::yes::
And you'll never guess what I found when I was getting ready to get on my flight back home. :rolleyes:
No! :lmao:
Salads are a necessary evil at Disney.
For you maybe. :snooty:
I asked for a "Yellow Drink" and the bartender served me this one:

South Seas Traveler Created by the Yak and Yeti Bartenders...Myer's Original Dark Rum and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Monin Lychee Syrup, and citrus juices $12.00
"asked for a yellow drink"

:rolleyes:
I've read a few more positive ones lately too. Probably what tipped me over the edge. Well, that, and I was craving pasta.
That'll do it all right. ::yes::
Are you insinuating that Mark didn't remember your very excellent review? Or worse, didn't read it. ;)
Either... both...
I've always read/been taught that the secret to B&W is to find subjects that provide a lot of contrast (light against dark). Those seemed to work well. :)
Huh. Good tip!

Honestly? I was ready to come home. I know it sounds weird, but the trip was long enough.
Yes... that sounds weird. :laughing:
Yes, but!!!!! I was in a shop just today near my RV park, and I saw one (a cat I think?) that was like $25 for one that would cost about $125 at EPCOT. Now I realize they are a total ripoff there. I'll buy mine here methinks.
Not surprised at that mark up. Not at all.
Har,

har,

har....
Nicely done. ;)

I did!! Although not enough as I only had an hour to eat. So I literally ran from booth to booth trying to complete the Stroll. I couldn't which ticked me off a bit. I was told by a couple of different CMs the booths would open when the park did at 10:00 (the entire park DID open even WS), but they held off til 11:00 to open the booths. I had to be on the Skyliner by 12:00 and I just couldn't get through the lines fast enough to get all 5. But, I can say the scallops in the American Pavilion were super yummy as was the empanada from Vibranto. Everything I had was good, but those stood out.
That was similar to what happened with my sister and I when we went on a quick, 36 hour trip to WDW. We had a very short time to walk through the World Showcase but managed to get to the American food booth for the scallops and beef Wellington, both of which were good. :)

I know it's been just forever since I've really been here in a meaningful way.
Oh, I dunno... seems like you powered through a whole schwack of posts. :rolleyes:
Between the move from KY to AZ, then Disney, and then trying to get settled into my new home/RV, find and settle the details of my new job, and then NOT having much (and most times not any) internet in the park (it's WAY outside of Tucson) it's been almost impossible to be here.
You've been busy!
Internet is the bane of most RVers lives and I'm still trying to get a solution worked out.
I must admit, I've never thought of that. Internet seems so ubiquitous that you forget that it's not available everywhere all the time.
The park does have some limited internet, but I don't want to have to spend my time in the Rec Hall or other public buildings when I want to be online.
No. I can see that. You have an RV to spend time in it... not leave it whenever you need to Google something!
I absolutely love it here and can't wait to share the process of making my "house" a home over the next months. :)
:goodvibes

Way, way behind but finally catching up!

Today was a really nice day at EPCOT, with slow strolling, a nice lunch at Spice Road Table, and some good news. I said yes to a contract in Gilbert, Arizona. Major downside is that it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive from my RV. It’s good pay which somewhat eases the pain.

Now without further ado: I give you…RED!
Love all these photos!
Pooped out early on ORANGE DAY because my incredibly rude neighbors were partying next door til midnight. The good news is that I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite. IOA was pretty magical- pun intended. I did some pretty great magic with my Luna Lovegood wand and CONQUERED Velocicoaster! This old lady still has it in her. (Super smooth track, btw.)

Now for some pool time. Because my knee deserves it.

I present to you: An Orange Menagerie…
Woohoo Velociocoaster! Good for you!
I’m as mellow as my YELLOW. Photos that is. ;) Here’s what I came up with today. I was actually surprised that this was a pretty hard color to find nice examples of…. (Sorry for the sideways ones; it’s beyond my patience right now to fix.)
Love these too!
he grass is always greener in POP and Hollywood. Turns out a lot of other stuff too!

Was a great day and there’s still some fun in closing down the park and STILL beating the crowds to closing transportation mayhem. Ka-chow!

Again, sorry for the sideways photos.

Enjoy the GREENER side of POP and DHS…
Such a great way to explore the parks and resorts.
Took my time going from place to place just strolling and taking in all of the sights and sounds. Such a magical place!
Nothing better than a magical day in MK!
Enjoy. (Also, purple in AK was very challenging!!)
AK is a very green park...fining purple would be a challenge for sure!
Haven’t been to Tony’s for years and the last time it was for breakfast but we loved it! I’m definitely going the next time I’m in MK as it’s been getting much better reviews of late. They did a fireworks type party or maybe it was an after hours event that I seem to recall getting great reviews so I will definitely be looking into that just as soon as we are seriously looking at booking a trip. So glad you had a great meal and hey as someone who was brought up to think it was a sin to waste food eating like an oinker sounds like an angelic thing to do :rotfl: :littleangel::thumbsup2
I did Tony's most merriest that was an add on to MVMCP and it was really good.
Decided to end my photo quest with a big, fat splash of color appropriate to the Festival of the Arts.
Perfect! I need to get to FARTS one day.
I know it's been just forever since I've really been here in a meaningful way. Between the move from KY to AZ, then Disney, and then trying to get settled into my new home/RV, find and settle the details of my new job, and then NOT having much (and most times not any) internet in the park (it's WAY outside of Tucson) it's been almost impossible to be here.
You have had a LOT on your plate to put it mildly.
Meantime, take care Friends. I am not sure when I'll get my internet up and running but I'll try to answer chatter as I can. Love to you all,
Take good care and keep us updated when you can!:hug:

Glad you are getting settled! That internet situation doesn't sound too fun. But at least you have a possible solution. I enjoyed the Festival of the Arts pics! I fly out tomorrow for Orlando and will be at FOA in 2 days!

Hope you enjoy your time there.
So far I've been enjoying it immensely! I've been outdoors a LOT on walks and eating outside in the sunshine, it's GREAT!
Define.... "ton"

Depends on how many front of the lines you want.
Twice?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek:

It's a hidden talent!

:sad2:
Disney, while trying to accommodate more, are alienating some.

Count me in.

Again... depends on where the line is drawn as well.
I didn't say there shouldn't be a line, just asking where do you draw it. And... I think I'd best drop it as this is starting to feel a bit... political in tone, which isn't overly encouraged on these boards!

sorry to have offended you. Didn't feel "political" at all, just a friendly discussion and tastes/lines are different.

But looks like you're catching up!

Slowly!

Still long... but certainly better!

Yes!
Very ambitious of you! I could never do that while driving, I think.

It's really not ideal.... best to learn in conversation. Still need to download it.
Huh! Guess I'll give it a try, then. If/when.

Lemme know.
For you maybe. :snooty:
Well, I should have been more specific...

for my gut.
"asked for a yellow drink"

:rolleyes:

I got a drink every day according to color. ;)
Not surprised at that mark up. Not at all.
On the other hand there are shelves of them at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum which are equal to Disney prices. So I guess it's good to shop around.

That was similar to what happened with my sister and I when we went on a quick, 36 hour trip to WDW. We had a very short time to walk through the World Showcase but managed to get to the American food booth for the scallops and beef Wellington, both of which were good. :)
Oh boy, that IS a quick trip! I spend a day going there and a day going back, so only a day and a half there is barely worth it. Having said that, I'd agree, the food picks are vast and there's only been a small handful that I didn't care for. Easy to spend a wad in there.

Oh, I dunno... seems like you powered through a whole schwack of posts. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but gonna be sporadic for a bit I think. I have no hope of reading every post everyone's put up since I moved, but I'll give it my best shot.
You've been busy!

Yes, on top of moving, I've been trying to get my RV set up, started doing a peel and stick tile project in the bedroom, and a TON, like I mean at least 40 hours, of online onboarding. It's stupid ridiculous the amount they expect.

I must admit, I've never thought of that. Internet seems so ubiquitous that you forget that it's not available everywhere all the time.

Nope, it's just not. Added that I have a stooooopid phone company wherein I pay stoooooooooooooopid amounts of money for NOT enough of it.
No. I can see that. You have an RV to spend time in it... not leave it whenever you need to Google something!

^this. Fixed it though by buying a mobile hotspot and 50 gigs of data that I can refresh anytime. Seems to be fast enough for my needs.

Way, way behind but finally catching up!

You and me both, Sister.

Woohoo Velociocoaster! Good for you!

WHeeeeee!!!!

Such a great way to explore the parks and resorts.

:goodvibes:

AK is a very green park...fining purple would be a challenge for sure!

Pandora saved my bacon! :laughing:
I did Tony's most merriest that was an add on to MVMCP and it was really good.

I remembered you and I think Kellie had done this. Someday, maybe I can do an add on party.

Perfect! I need to get to FARTS one day.

I think of all my DISFriends, you'd enjoy it most. It's really a beautiful one.

You have had a LOT on your plate to put it mildly.

Indeed I have. Lots of moving parts right now and more to come.

Take good care and keep us updated when you can!:hug:

I certainly will!

Glad you are getting settled! That internet situation doesn't sound too fun. But at least you have a possible solution. I enjoyed the Festival of the Arts pics! I fly out tomorrow for Orlando and will be at FOA in 2 days!
Trying, GB! Trying. Lots of moving parts and more to come. I bought a "Mighty Wifi" and it seems to be working pretty well. Plenty of speed, although I haven't tried to stream a movie yet. Just don't have time.

How was your trip?

So far I've been enjoying it immensely! I've been outdoors a LOT on walks and eating outside in the sunshine, it's GREAT!
Sounds really good. :)
I have not been outside very much of late.
Depends on how many front of the lines you want.
Tons.

:rolleyes1
It's a hidden talent!
"talent"

sorry to have offended you. Didn't feel "political" at all, just a friendly discussion and tastes/lines are different.
Oh, no. You didn't offend me in the least. Just figured that the DIS powers that be might start looking a little askance at the conversation if it continued.
It's really not ideal.... best to learn in conversation. Still need to download it.
Good luck!
Well, I should have been more specific...

for my gut.
That took guts to admit.
I got a drink every day according to color. ;)
No! :laughing:
Yeah, but gonna be sporadic for a bit I think. I have no hope of reading every post everyone's put up since I moved, but I'll give it my best shot.
Yeah, when you fall behind... it can be a bit daunting to catch back up.
Yes, on top of moving, I've been trying to get my RV set up, started doing a peel and stick tile project in the bedroom, and a TON, like I mean at least 40 hours, of online onboarding. It's stupid ridiculous the amount they expect.
:faint:
Nope, it's just not. Added that I have a stooooopid phone company wherein I pay stoooooooooooooopid amounts of money for NOT enough of it.
I think that's universal in North America. And it seems that the rest of the planet is much more reasonable.
^this. Fixed it though by buying a mobile hotspot and 50 gigs of data that I can refresh anytime. Seems to be fast enough for my needs.
Glad you figured something out!

Wow! I was five pages behind! Lots going on these last few weeks even after Christmas, but I'll catch up!

Now without further ado: I give you…RED!

Very nice shots! I like this idea of the rainbow. You have given me an idea for a future update on my TR! Mind if I steal it?

Hopefully not! Cause I'm going to! :laughing:

Pooped out early on ORANGE DAY because my incredibly rude neighbors were partying next door til midnight.

Stupid neighbors! How come you always get the rowdy ones?

The good news is that I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite.

For just yourself or were you traveling with someone?

I present to you: An Orange Menagerie…

Very nice! I would not have imagined that there was that much orange!

It’s been an eventful day to be sure. I rope dropped US and saw what I wanted to see in about 3 hours. In the end, I just wasn’t feelin’ it. My knee’s not doing all that great so I’ve had to scale way, way back in how I tour. That’s ok.

Sorry about your knee. I know how it is at US, it doesn't take me long there to see what I want either. Injuries are why I finally gave in to the scooter, especially in Florida. Before the pandemic I had gotten to the point that I really didn't need the scooter for DL/DCA unless it was an intense day.

I did build back my stamina by cleaning my house for eight days straight before my parent's arrival two weeks ago. So much so that I let my Mom ride my scooter and I walked for a very intense day at Disney. I did over 17,000 steps! :eek:

I realized too late I’d left my battery pack charging cords in my first room

Why does this not surprise me? Something has get lost! :laughing:

I’m as mellow as my YELLOW. Photos that is. ;) Here’s what I came up with today.

I like those, you never really think about yellow things. Unless you are on a rainbow scavenger photo hunt!

Enjoy the GREENER side of POP and DHS…

Green is definitely beautiful. Whether or not it's easy being green!

OK off to start my own hunt!

blue was easy!

I tried to do the whole rainbow yesterday, grabbing any color I could, and I believe that I came up sort on blue....I'll look at my pictures when I get home...

purple in AK was very challenging!

Halfway through yesterday I realized I hadn't got much purple, but I think I made up for it by the end of the day.

All of your pictures are so creative and unique. They're a pleasure to look at.

I especially enjoyed the Festival of Arts pics and cant wait to be there soon. Single digits today! I just realized that! I need ro post on my own thread!

Holy cow, I was blown away by Tony’s. Seriously, I’d resisted going here for as long as I’ve been coming here because of long-standing crappy reviews. But this ended up being my favorite meal of the whole trip!

We really enjoyed it in October 2019. I'd goback again if there weren't so many other places I need to try!

I get it. We've all been super busy, but at least these posts aren't going anywhere and eventually we have the time to catch up. :hug:

Meantime, take care Friends. I am not sure when I'll get my internet up and running but I'll try to answer chatter as I can.

Take your time! If I'm lucky I'll get in one more update before I leave, and then I'll be off the grid again for weeks!

That might be the first positive review I've ever heard for Tony's!

Ok, it's definitely the second positive review I've ever read about Tony's.

And I believe on our trip in October 2019, Fran and I ate there with a lovely experience. Then again we had Shrimp Scampi pasta so you may have blocked it out due to seafood!

And Boom! I'm caught up again!!!!!

ETA: I just noticed @Captain_Oblivious posted an update yesterday. So not caught up anymore. :sad2: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter