An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

Somehow I had missed the existence of this TR, too!! Clearly, I'm having a problem with my DIS-ing these days! I've really enjoyed catching up on all I had missed here, and LOVED the idea to photograph a color-a-day. That's such a fun way to capture the "same things" we always find ourselves taking pictures of on each trip, and appreciate them in a new and different way. I really enjoyed the new perspectives!

I feel your pain...a few times a day!!
That charcuterie board looks amazing!
OY! It's been so long since I've been able to be here that I don't even remember what that was referring to, but here's to no (or at least less!) pain!

Oh it was soooo good! And SO pretty!

Ah. I did see that you posted you were going to be there only from January to May (I think?)

Yes, got here on the 14th and will be here until early May.
I've never done the standby line, so I haven't seen them.

You probably are going to have to from now on unless you want to pay a ton extra. I never needed to on this last trip but it wasn't particularly busy either.
Hidden microphones and cameras.

LOL!! Disney doesn't even try to hide those anymore.
:laughing: Then I'm not overly likely to see that!

Unless you're like me. (and I'd imagine you aren't) and regularly, but wholly accidentally, go into the wrong bathroom. (Twice on the last trip.)
An hour?!?!?
Was that for a bus?

Yes, they were using a TON of Mears and other private bus companies back then, and scooters couldn't get on them, so they often had to wait for several buses to come and go for one that could accommodate a scooter or wheelchair.
Where do you draw the line? It's always a moving target. When bikinis came along, they faced possible bans in several countries.
So what you might consider inappropriate for time and location, another would consider perfectly appropriate.
While I agree with you in principle in general, I disagree with you that there should be no line whatsoever. Sorry, pools and every other public space, especially ones geared towards kids should be nip-free.

The gorillas are always fun to watch, especially since they seem to keep having babies. :)

For sure!!! Sadly, no mommies OR babies on my last trip. I guess they were hiding when I visited.
I never would have thought that it would be tiring to use an ECV, but it makes total sense, especially when you aren't used to it.

It takes more thinking and planning and generally waiting around.
It looks like a lovely resort. I was supposed to stay at CSR with my sister last January but she got a free upgrade to GF, instead. No one could turn that down. :)

I got that too a few years ago (on the EPIC Girls Trip) but told myself I wouldn't do that again as I really did want to stay at CSR. It's far more my style anyway. :) I like GF for its location, but the theming, while very pretty, just isn't me as much as CSR.
Were they taking her out because of her attire or because she was drunk?
I tend to think it was more for obnoxious behavior, but I wasn't personally sad to see her go for being practically, very, very close, to nude.

Looks pretty Animatronic to me!

:laughing:
Well that's OK, I completely understand being behind.....

OH, Alison, I am so, so very behind. I have so much to learn and do for my RV here they days just fly by.
That looks like an odd lunch!
Hehe!!
Satuli Canteen?
Yep!!! I really love it there. I've only had really yummy and healthier than average meals there.
Really? I find it so much easier in the long run. Then again we have been using them so long in the parks we know where all the "ups" and the "downs" are and which ways we can't go because of stairs and the like.

For someone who's not used to it and not used to looking ahead for the places you CAN go, it's exhausting!
No, I don't want to see someone else's hiney poolside either!

YES!!! I mean.... just yuck.
Which one did you end up getting? Most of them looked really big, and the one you got was fairly small compared to some of those pictures. Even the "date night" one looked bigger than what you had, or so it appeared. I would have a hard time paying those prices as I make a pretty mean Charcuterie board with very little money. Then again I have a car and Trader Joe's nearby....at Disney, not so much.

I got the date night one, I think? I honestly don't remember. I got a wonderful charcuterie board book for Christmas and can't wait to make some for my friends here at my RV park. We'll see how much they end up costing!
I'm the same way too. When I have Charcuterie, it usually IS dinner.

They can be so filling!
OK! I think I'm caught up....on this one.....
That makes one of us!

I'm here for my obligatory once every fifteen updates or so replies. :rolleyes2 :sad2: Hope you're doing well. I saw your tornado pictures on social and it broke my heart. So many families devastated. And right before the holidays too. But I'm glad you got internet back!

Well, hey there, Alicia!! So great to have you here! I am very, VERY behind since I left Bowling Green to move to my winter home in Arizona. Time on the road, combined with a trip to Florida, and then coming home to no internet (I'm working on that!) made for a VERY long hiatus.

Navigating around a pool in a scooter sounds unbelievably stressful. Between lounge chairs everywhere and kids running in all directions and towels and shoes on the ground...I think even if there were chairs available, the pool bar was the apt choice.

In the end I'd agree. Far less stressful and not a bad option for some less splashy, more adult visiting time.

The charcuterie board looks wonderful! Much better than the ones I've seen at Disney restaurants, too. Munching on that while soaking up the sights of a Disney resort and chatting with a friend sounds lovely.

It was a wonderful, relaxing evening for sure! The board was absolutely beautiful as were my poolside girlies! :)

:lmao:

Oh! You said "not" funny.
In that case, I'll post this instead:
:(

Aaaaand, I'm STILL behind! UGH!
Hope you're having a good time.
(And from the photos... it looks like you are. :))

I did! I did!
:eek:
Whoa! That's a lot of driving on a daily basis.
I used to have a 2.5 hour drive, but I only had to do that every other day. :faint:

I think it's going to be around 1.5 hours which isn't so bad. Maybe I can listen to audio books or learn Spanish while I commute.
This one just tickles my fancy. :goodvibes

It definitely drew a few chuckles from the crowd. :)
Wait... are your nails red too??

They were!

:sad2:
Lovely.

Some people just have zero concept of where they are and others.

Correct.
You did! I'm surprised you'd try it. I think I would, but would be a little worried about my back.

It was a great coaster with a super smooth track. I asked LOTS of people about it before I committed.
Orange you glad you did that?

Ba- dum- dum... tsssss.
You're not supposed to eat it!!!

Wait.
Is that a chocolate wand??

No, no, just me being incredibly silly and immature.
mmmm... butterbeer...

Frozen is best!
Ah yes, the puking mountain.
If that doesn't make you want to eat there... anything else would.
LOL!! I think it's kinda cool and very reminiscent of the fountain in Rome.

Your photos are fabulous! Hope your knee has eased a little and the noisy neighbors are silent. Enjoy the rest of your trip :goodvibes
Thank you!!! I ended up getting a new room which was quite nice, but the knee didn't get much better until I got back home. It's still a bit sore even now, but I went swimming today and it felt great.

Not good you forgot it, but sounds like it didn't inconvenience you too much.

And you'll never guess what I found when I was getting ready to get on my flight back home. :rolleyes:
Oy.
Wish I could say I'm surprised at that.

Salads are a necessary evil at Disney.
enjoyed them while this fellow ate his jello... while listening to Yo Yo Ma.
LOL!!!
Okay, now that's funny! :laughing:

So many cute details in the Potter areas. ::yes::
What drink is that?

I asked for a "Yellow Drink" and the bartender served me this one:

South Seas Traveler Created by the Yak and Yeti Bartenders...Myer's Original Dark Rum and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Monin Lychee Syrup, and citrus juices $12.00

Even yellow animatronics.
They think of everything!

Congrats! That commute sounds brutal, though. Hope it all works out.

Yes, it certainly does. But whatcha gonna do. :/
Ugh. Are people just getting worse?

That would be a resounding "yes", Mark.
This all sounds wonderful on the other hand! When I look at that coaster, I feel like I would love 95% of it and be absolutely wrecked/terrified by 5% (the top hat part).

The 5% that you THINK you'd hate is over so quickly, you don't have time to be scared cuz it's just... done. I really liked it. It's certainly the smoothest, least jerky track I've been on. Ever.

Haven’t been to Tony’s for years and the last time it was for breakfast but we loved it! I’m definitely going the next time I’m in MK as it’s been getting much better reviews of late. They did a fireworks type party or maybe it was an after hours event that I seem to recall getting great reviews so I will definitely be looking into that just as soon as we are seriously looking at booking a trip. So glad you had a great meal and hey as someone who was brought up to think it was a sin to waste food eating like an oinker sounds like an angelic thing to do :rotfl: :littleangel::thumbsup2

I remember they have (had?) those too. I had a DISFriend go to one last Chirstmas and loved it. She said there was wine and lots of desserts and it was really fun watching the parade from there.

After my meal there I'd definitely go back. The waiter definitely steered me right with the Scampi recommendation. 🐷🐽🐷🐽

And I'm not surprised. Tony's has been getting much better reviews of late.

I've read a few more positive ones lately too. Probably what tipped me over the edge. Well, that, and I was craving pasta.
No it's not. Elle and I ate there and it was her favourite meal of the whole trip.

Are you insinuating that Mark didn't remember your very excellent review? Or worse, didn't read it. ;)

You got some really great ones, too!
Love all the HM ones, of course.
But a couple others really stand out, for me.

I knew you would!
My favourite trees. Interesting subject for B&W.

I've always read/been taught that the secret to B&W is to find subjects that provide a lot of contrast (light against dark). Those seemed to work well. :)
This one is just cool.

A lot of directional texture in that one.
While this one is plain creepy! Love it.
I love how that one turned out. ::yes::

Obviously love this one. :thumbsup2

The chosen artists for this year's inspired art wall had some fun contributions.
Hey! It's you!
You look pretty happy for someone's last day at the parks.
Nice shot of you, though. :)

Honestly? I was ready to come home. I know it sounds weird, but the trip was long enough.
Love the giant tubes of paint.
They always have such fun touches at this festival.
These are so cool... and so expensive!

Yes, but!!!!! I was in a shop just today near my RV park, and I saw one (a cat I think?) that was like $25 for one that would cost about $125 at EPCOT. Now I realize they are a total ripoff there. I'll buy mine here methinks.

That looks really good. Colourful dessert. Perfect for the occasion.

And amazingly tasty too!
Looks like he should be working at the DMV... :rolleyes:

Har,

har,

har....

Talk about your trip down memory lane!

RIGHT?!

That was nice to be at opening day for Festival of the Arts. We missed it last year because I messed up the reservation, but we will be there in February. :)

Did you have any festival food that was really good?
Had I known the date it was going to start, I"d have extended my trip by a day. AH well. I had heard that not long ago they postponed the opening anyway, which probably upset some folks who'd planned their trips around it.

I did!! Although not enough as I only had an hour to eat. So I literally ran from booth to booth trying to complete the Stroll. I couldn't which ticked me off a bit. I was told by a couple of different CMs the booths would open when the park did at 10:00 (the entire park DID open even WS), but they held off til 11:00 to open the booths. I had to be on the Skyliner by 12:00 and I just couldn't get through the lines fast enough to get all 5. But, I can say the scallops in the American Pavilion were super yummy as was the empanada from Vibranto. Everything I had was good, but those stood out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter