An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

It’s been an eventful day to be sure. I rope dropped US and saw what I wanted to see in about 3 hours. In the end, I just wasn’t feelin’ it. My knee’s not doing all that great so I’ve had to scale way, way back in how I tour. That’s ok.

I realized too late I’d left my battery pack charging cords in my first room so in the way to POP, I picked one up at the Walgreens by the Dockside. Got all checked in and made my way to AK where I met Tim, one of my very first DISBoards friends from way back in 2007. Then I hobbled around long enough to see Pandora at night.

Came back and had a salad marked up 4,000% and a few more bites of my Gideons cookie while I elevated my knee.

I’m as mellow as my YELLOW. Photos that is. ;) Here’s what I came up with today. I was actually surprised that this was a pretty hard color to find nice examples of…. (Sorry for the sideways ones; it’s beyond my patience right now to fix.)

DECB47E6-577F-4322-AE68-74F96AA03088.jpeg

57D853AB-8DD9-41F3-92D0-ADD8A027EFB3.jpeg

7EB2AF1F-CABF-4413-8A35-F11E10B919F5.jpeg

172F2393-7888-4F4B-BDE3-E132E8B51649.jpeg

C2D3317F-73B8-401A-A715-FB20D643F483.jpeg

523862DF-7558-4F73-AEDB-D92A7BF049B9.jpeg

3CB04BA5-32A4-44E7-8243-F25D063E67DF.jpeg

BF95D879-F37B-47F1-A552-1628FA6C655D.jpeg

C23CC48B-95D6-455F-A802-01F2C1D6A1E3.jpeg

25B5E6EA-6D3B-4653-9FB5-592153872345.jpeg

My knee’s not doing all that great so I’ve had to scale way, way back in how I tour.
Sorry to hear your knee isn't doing well. :(
I realized too late I’d left my battery pack charging cords in my first room so in the way to POP, I picked one up at the Walgreens by the Dockside.
Not good you forgot it, but sounds like it didn't inconvenience you too much.
I met Tim, one of my very first DISBoards friends from way back in 2007.
DISmeets are always the best. :)
had a salad marked up 4,000%
Oy.
Wish I could say I'm surprised at that.
I’m as mellow as my YELLOW. Photos that is. ;)
enjoyed them while this fellow ate his jello... while listening to Yo Yo Ma.
172F2393-7888-4F4B-BDE3-E132E8B51649.jpeg
:laughing:
Okay, now that's funny! :laughing:
Pretty.
What drink is that?
Even yellow animatronics.

I said yes to a contract in Gilbert, Arizona. Major downside is that it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive from my RV. It’s good pay which somewhat eases the pain.

Congrats! That commute sounds brutal, though. Hope it all works out.

Pooped out early on ORANGE DAY because my incredibly rude neighbors were partying next door til midnight.

Ugh. Are people just getting worse?

The good news is that I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite. IOA was pretty magical- pun intended. I did some pretty great magic with my Luna Lovegood wand and CONQUERED Velocicoaster! This old lady still has it in her. (Super smooth track, btw.)

This all sounds wonderful on the other hand! When I look at that coaster, I feel like I would love 95% of it and be absolutely wrecked/terrified by 5% (the top hat part).

Sorry to hear your knee is giving you some issues.
Congrats on the contract! The 2.5 hour drive certainly isn't great. (Not sure if this would work for you, but thought it might be worth a mention. During one of future DIL's contracts, she had to be there for 2 weeks before they could move in to the apartment they rented for the 3 months. She found a nice hotel room for a REALLY low price, given to her because of the contract nursing. She usually also worked 3 or 4 days on, then 3 or 4 off, so if your schedule would be something along those lines, perhaps you could work something out.)
I'm also loving the color-themed photo report :)

Sorry to hear your knee is giving you some issues.
Congrats on the contract! The 2.5 hour drive certainly isn't great. (Not sure if this would work for you, but thought it might be worth a mention. During one of future DIL's contracts, she had to be there for 2 weeks before they could move in to the apartment they rented for the 3 months. She found a nice hotel room for a REALLY low price, given to her because of the contract nursing. She usually also worked 3 or 4 days on, then 3 or 4 off, so if your schedule would be something along those lines, perhaps you could work something out.)
I'm also loving the color-themed photo report :)
For right now my plan is to find an Airbnb for the nights I have to be there and hope they will accommodate a “blocked” schedule. Might take a bit bit my recruiter is pretty confident they’ll be able to work with me. :) Hoping for the best.

For right now my plan is to find an Airbnb for the nights I have to be there and hope they will accommodate a “blocked” schedule. Might take a bit bit my recruiter is pretty confident they’ll be able to work with me. :) Hoping for the best.
Nice!!

You got some good shots!

Was a great day and there’s still some fun in closing down the park and STILL beating the crowds to closing transportation mayhem. Ka-chow!
Way to go! Close that puppy down!
Took me a second to figure out where/what this was.
Really great shot!
Bowling Green! Did you take a wrong turn at Albuquerque?
Like this one too. :)
What even is that???
Nope!

I’ve had a couple of really nice dismayed so far but I’m pretty sure there was someone else I was supposed to meet. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my laptop and had didn’t have time to print out my spreadsheet or make my little cards this time.

Is anyone Here right now they would like to meet up? If so I’d love to say hello!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter