An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

I’m joining in of course! I love your 5th wheel and travel plans for the future. I hope I can come visit in the dead of winter!!

I know this trip was a little challenging for you, I’m glad I was able to meet up with you a few times to visit.

and I never run out of things to find new- even during a time with so many pandemic changes.
So good to have new things, isn't it? Social distancing... masks... no indoor dining...

Yeah, maybe not always good.
For those of you who are Old Timers, WELCOME BACK!!
I'm old! This is me!!
I’m sure behind my back at work I go by a few other names.
Super nurse? Hero?
will be moving to Bowling Green, Kentucky in a few short weeks,
A few weeks! Wow! That came up fast!!
because that’s always better than being where the sun don’t shine.
So.... you're saying Oregon is the crotch of the US?

Can you say "crotch" on the DIS??

What about "crotchety"... which applies to moi?
In fact, it was voted Best Surgery Center in Oregon last year by Time Magazine. 😊
Really! Wow!

Wait...

I don't know how many Surgery Centers there are in Oregon. If you tell me there are just 2, then... perhaps a little less impressive.
I’m single with 5 great “kids” from 19-30, which makes me old as dirt.
Nah. You're still young. I'm old as dirt. You're just a pup.
while physically it hurts to get out of bed most mornings,
And now is at least a 2-3 stage affair...
I am on-top-of-my-game professionally and mentally. Except I can’t remember what I had for breakfast past 9 AM.
:laughing:
(Grandbaby #2 who I get to spend the most time with)
Getting so big!!
Favorite Disney Restaurant- Dunno!! V&A’s? Nomad?
:laughing: Quite the variety there. Most expensive, elegant meal to... a lounge.
I have taken and passed my Private Pilots FAA Exam and hope to someday get back into the cockpit to finish that endeavor up,
I remember you did that. ::yes:: (Continued) good luck!
I hope you can fully appreciate the enormity of that incredible use of run-on sentence.
Ya
296470_291503487528595_1968558833_n-M.jpg
That's such an interesting photo. This beautiful, massive structure... and nothing around it. No manicured lawns or gardens too.
for a while now I’ve stuck with a "Topical Approach"- much like Calamine Lotion on an irritating mosquito bite.
So you're saying some people find your TRs irritating?
The art of dropping a good cliffhanger is easier, as might the art of keeping a few good readers engaged and spellbound. (The level of the sarcasm is practically dripping from your screen, isn’t it?)
:rolleyes1
In the end, my folks decided to join for a few nights as well, and that was really nice. In all likelihood, that is the last time they will be able to do Disney.
Ah yes... time does march on. :(
Despite my farting in the room on occasion, I hope she’ll invite me to travel with her again in the future.
:lmao:
The fact that they are truly amazing
I've met them! Yes they are! :)
I rented a scooter!!!
Oh, wow! That alone should certainly make for an interesting report.
Mom rented one too. Saved her life and probably made the trip even possible in the first place for her. Her knee replacement had failed (it was only about a year old)
I had no idea that could even happen. :( How is she now?
Loads of stories from this portion, so I hope you’ll stick around for that.
Definitely! Can't wait. :goodvibes
OMG!!! I lost my entire signature with ALL of my TRs in it!!! It's going to take me HOURS to find them and relink them all.
Was going to commiserate, but see they've been found! Hurray!!
I HATE not being able to use BB Code anymore!!
Ugh! I know! It's awful. And obviously the DIS isn't going to worry about it or they'd have done something already.

How old were you when you lived in Kazahkstan? It isn't a very common place to live.

Hmmm, 2000-2010. So.... 34-44? I went with 4 kids... came home with 5. ;) But in all seriousness, no, it's not. It was a mixed bag of interesting- the chance of a lifetime- and very difficult.

When you first mentioned that you were moving to Bowling Green you said that the move was a long way off. I guess times flies around here. ::yes::

It has come so fast. I can honestly hard to believe.

To be honest, I've wondered what the heck is up with Portland ever since the city has been besieged by rioters. I don't understand why it still seems to continue.

No one (with brains) even understands at all. And, yet the reasons are very clear.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your April trip. We were at WDW the week after you. :)

And you shall!!! :) And... if you have a TR, but I haven't seen it, please let me know. I don't often peruse the TR list, but am happy to read the TRs of those who are so faithful here. :)

I’m joining in of course! I love your 5th wheel and travel plans for the future. I hope I can come visit in the dead of winter!!

I know this trip was a little challenging for you, I’m glad I was able to meet up with you a few times to visit.
OH HI there, Sweet Friend!! As for visiting?...??? YES!!!!! Please come visit. I mean that in all honesty. There is plenty of room and plenty of beautiful things to see and do.

As for the trip, yes. Challenging is a very great word for it. But friends along the way did help to make it a bit more wonderful and the challenges less challenging.

So good to have new things, isn't it? Social distancing... masks... no indoor dining...

Yeah, maybe not always good.

No, not always, but, we have given those back now. Thank you 2020, but we have a return on your goods.

I'm old! This is me!!
They do say you're only as old as you feel...
Um, er...

Super nurse? Hero?

Perhaps. Among other things.

A few weeks! Wow! That came up fast!!

Faster than I ever thought it could!

So.... you're saying Oregon is the crotch of the US?

Can you say "crotch" on the DIS??

What about "crotchety"... which applies to moi?

yes, that's what I'm saying.

You choose which part, m'kay?

Really! Wow!

Wait...

I don't know how many Surgery Centers there are in Oregon. If you tell me there are just 2, then... perhaps a little less impressive.

I have good news and bad news...

The bad news, I was mistaken about it being Time. The good news is that it was BEST IN THE NATION. ;)

https://www.newsweek.com/americas-best-ambulatory-surgery-centers-2021/oregon

Nah. You're still young. I'm old as dirt. You're just a pup.

Woof.

And now is at least a 2-3 stage affair...

OH how I get that. So much.

:laughing: Quite the variety there. Most expensive, elegant meal to... a lounge.
And believe it or not, I can say that I love 8 Spoons just as much as either of those.

I remember you did that. ::yes:: (Continued) good luck!

We'll see. Time and money ran out.

That's such an interesting photo. This beautiful, massive structure... and nothing around it. No manicured lawns or gardens too.

It's a World Heritage Site.

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1103/

So you're saying some people find your TRs irritating?

At the very least.

I had no idea that could even happen. :( How is she now?

Recovering well now, thanks!! But it was a long road, and she is just now finally able to be around without her cane.

Was going to commiserate, but see they've been found! Hurray!!

Yes, except my pretty colors. :(

Ugh! I know! It's awful. And obviously the DIS isn't going to worry about it or they'd have done something already.

Ticked.

You'd think I could just highlight each link and add a color, but nope.

No, not always, but, we have given those back now. Thank you 2020, but we have a return on your goods.
Hear hear!
They do say you're only as old as you feel...
Um, er...
:rolleyes1
yes, that's what I'm saying.

You choose which part, m'kay?
:thumbsup2
The bad news, I was mistaken about it being Time. The good news is that it was BEST IN THE NATION. ;)
I hate to contradict you, but... while the article does address the 25 States with the most facilities, it doesn't break down any farther than each individual State. So you are tops... but only in Oregon. If you look at the scores per State, though... You'll see that yours has a score of 80.6%. There are others with higher scores. Sorry!
And believe it or not, I can say that I love 8 Spoons just as much as either of those.
Now that I do believe!
It's a World Heritage Site.
Whoa! 600+ years old! Incredible.
At the very least.

Nah. :)
Recovering well now, thanks!! But it was a long road, and she is just now finally able to be around without her cane.
Glad she's feeling better. :)
Yes, except my pretty colors. :(
Fixable... but not easily. If you really want them fixed, send me a PM.
You'd think I could just highlight each link and add a color, but nope.
No. It's a lot more involved now that there's no BB code editor. Ridiculous.

THank you so much! Sad I lost the colors and now can't fix them without BB code.
I miss BBC code, too. My first word processing program was Wordperfect and I loved the reveal codes. It was so much easier to format things when you can see the hidden codes. But you can go back to your signature and add text colors to each thread. Just highlight each one and hit the font color icon. The highlighting is hard to see but it is there.

I hadn't realized that my name disappeared from my signature until you mentioned that you didn't know it. I guess you have to watch this forum very closely to see what else disappears. ;)

Last edited:
Shelly? Is that really you?!!! It's SOOOOOOOOO great to see you!! I was actually thinking about you the other day as I was wondering where so many of my readers had gone. It's always sad to me when they just disappear and I worry a bit about them.
:wave:
Hi Liesa! Yes it's me, so nice of you to remember me since I know it's has been awhile.
Sorry if it seemed like I disappeared but I was here ALL the time. Would never miss out on you TRs!
Quite often working 6 days a week and early Sunday AM when the house is quiet is my Disney Time. I can read TRs and follow news on the DIS. Then the quiet time is over and I start my day of things to be done. Just enjoyed reading everyone's chatter (never know what will come in a quote from Pkondz!)
I should have let you know how I've enjoyed many parts of the reports. From the food, the awesome pixie dust you seem is have over you, the time with your children, your entertaining way of telling your story and always your photos!
I will try to make a few more pop ins to let you know that I am following🧐
think there will be MORE than plenty to do in October. More than perhaps EVER Before in the parks with new nighttime shows, new rides, etc... I'd reconsider. :)
We're glad things are coming back. For us since who knows if we'll be back again, this could be one of our last visit (hope not, Weeb turns 70 in Aug not old but we both have our aches &worry about heat/walking ) but just couldn't put the plans in motion a few month ago to commit to Oct. So F&G sounded like a possibility since we
have never been there that time of year and maybe go over my March Bday! We do know we want to go sometime during the 50th celebration.

I'll let you on a secret. I just thought of a few days ago. I'm trying to plan a quick surprise trip to Washington D.C for a Bday present to Weeb. He has always wanted to see the Vietnam Memorial and the WW2 (his dad served). When the draft was happening his "number" was 10 .(I learned about this from him, they choose 1-365 by birthdate) Since he knew he would be drafted, he enlisted. Half of his boot camp (i think) went to Vietnam and others like him went to Germany. It has been so much of a dream for him to go see the Memorial that I would like it to come true. And why not say we spent our 30th anniversary some place new like D.C!

See, aren't you glad I don't quote often! I can be quite the chatter box and probably with many typos.
Ooh I just remembered to ask..is your daughter having her second baby? How soon & boy/girl? Hope all is going good for everyone there.

I hate to contradict you, but... while the article does address the 25 States with the most facilities, it doesn't break down any farther than each individual State. So you are tops... but only in Oregon. If you look at the scores per State, though... You'll see that yours has a score of 80.6%. There are others with higher scores. Sorry!

Oops!! When I went back to check, I pulled up that page and saw it at the top. When I saw others below that weren't familiar, I jumped to National. LOL!!! Either way, still impressive and in general a great place to work.
Whoa! 600+ years old! Incredible.

We'd visited many times and it truly is an impressive, beautiful monolith. People from all over Kaz and Uzb. go there to worship and take pilgrimage.

Glad she's feeling better. :)

Thanks! Me too!!
Fixable... but not easily. If you really want them fixed, send me a PM.

PM'ing!
No. It's a lot more involved now that there's no BB code editor. Ridiculous.
It IS ridiculous. I wonder why on EARTH they thought this "new and improved" was good. It's anything but.

I miss BBC code, too. My first word processing program was Wordperfect and I loved the reveal codes. It was so much easier to format things when you can see the hidden codes. But you can go back to your signature and add text colors to each thread. Just highlight each one and hit the font color icon. The highlighting is hard to see but it is there.

I remember Word Perfect, and yes, you are right, seeing the code made things easier!! I did try to do that with no luck. I will try again....

I hadn't realized that my name disappeared from my signature until you mentioned that you didn't know it. I guess you have to watch this forum very closely to see what else disappears. ;)

LOL!! Yes, they are sneaky like that!! But glad you got it in there again!

:wave:
Hi Liesa! Yes it's me, so nice of you to remember me since I know it's has been awhile.
Sorry if it seemed like I disappeared but I was here ALL the time. Would never miss out on you TRs!
Quite often working 6 days a week and early Sunday AM when the house is quiet is my Disney Time. I can read TRs and follow news on the DIS. Then the quiet time is over and I start my day of things to be done. Just enjoyed reading everyone's chatter (never know what will come in a quote from Pkondz!)
I should have let you know how I've enjoyed many parts of the reports. From the food, the awesome pixie dust you seem is have over you, the time with your children, your entertaining way of telling your story and always your photos!
I will try to make a few more pop ins to let you know that I am following🧐

Awww, you WERE here!! I'm glad you didn't disappear completely and I sure do understand the working 6 days a week thing with so little free time.

pkondz can sure come up with some coffee-spitting doozies for sure! :laughing: I'm happy you enjoyed the Report and hope this one will provide loads of Sunday respite for you!! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated, so pop in as you can and care to! :) :hug:

We're glad things are coming back. For us since who knows if we'll be back again, this could be one of our last visit (hope not, Weeb turns 70 in Aug not old but we both have our aches &worry about heat/walking ) but just couldn't put the plans in motion a few month ago to commit to Oct. So F&G sounded like a possibility since we
have never been there that time of year and maybe go over my March Bday! We do know we want to go sometime during the 50th celebration.

I'm only 50-something and *I* worry about walking and heat. LOL!! But I do understand that the older one gets the harder it is to walk that much and not pay for it. I do think you'll enjoy the Springtime at Disney. It's such a lovely time with the F&G going on and lower temps. Plus a birthday!! GREAT reason to go. I will say, I don't think I could stomach another trip when the Spring Breakers are there. Just too busy!! Late March (after the breaks) or first couple weeks of April is great!

I'll let you on a secret. I just thought of a few days ago. I'm trying to plan a quick surprise trip to Washington D.C for a Bday present to Weeb. He has always wanted to see the Vietnam Memorial and the WW2 (his dad served). When the draft was happening his "number" was 10 .(I learned about this from him, they choose 1-365 by birthdate) Since he knew he would be drafted, he enlisted. Half of his boot camp (i think) went to Vietnam and others like him went to Germany. It has been so much of a dream for him to go see the Memorial that I would like it to come true. And why not say we spent our 30th anniversary some place new like D.C!

What a fantastic surprise for him! That'll be wonderful to get him to a place that he really wants to visit and bonus... someplace new! So great! I hope that works out! So thankful for his, and the millions of others throughout our nations history, service. There is SO much to see in and around D.C.! Loved Mt. Vernon!

See, aren't you glad I don't quote often! I can be quite the chatter box and probably with many typos.
NO! I love your stories and keeping up with you personally. Chatterboxes are my favorites! ;)

Ooh I just remembered to ask..is your daughter having her second baby? How soon & boy/girl? Hope all is going good for everyone there.

Actually no, it's my oldest son and his wife who are expecting #3!! New baby will be joining us pretty soon and big brother and sister are very excited!

Joining in! I'll be 75 when we visit in November after Thanksgiving. I walk 5 - 6 miles every day and take 2 cycling classes/week to stay in shape, but I'm not crazy about big crowds. Hopefully the parks won't be too crowded because of the 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter